Skip to main content

2017 Celebrity Predictions

Tegan Martin is a good guess I think.

Other possibilities include some ANTM alumni that did Miss Universe. Samantha Downie and Madeleine Cowe spring to mind, Madeleine also did Miss World. I believe that both have been first and/or second runner up if that counts as a place?

These are much too left field though I feel. I'm trying to look at this like s casting person or producer and I doubt they would even consider these people, but I guess they thought of Tyson and Courtney, so why not?

According to the Daily Telegraph, the following names are reportedly going into the jungle:

Tziporah Atarah (Kate Fischer): Does fit the Beauty Queen clue as she is a former model, won the Dolly Magazine Covergirl of the Year competition and has competed on Celebrity Overhaul and It Takes Two. I still have my money on Tegan Martain.
Marcia Hines: We can rule Marcia out as she is performing her show 'Velvet' in Perth all through late Jan and Feb.
David Spade: US Sitcom Star and comedian... does he need a show like I'm a Celebrity? Probably not.
Natalie Imbruglia: Candidate for the Pop and Soap Star. Just completed First Contact on SBS. 2 reality shows in 12 months... maybe.

Today the ImaCelebrityAU Twitter page ran a Celebrity Heads session, where a mystery celebrity answered fan questions. Here is a round-up of all the clues the anonymous celebrity revealed.

The celebrity:
  • Lives in Sydney, after moving "South".
  • Between 175 - 178cm tall.
  • Believes "ball sports" are his/her thing.
  • Thinks he/she will be one of the "younger ones" in camp.
  • Believes his/her hair and goatee will stay the same colour in the jungle.
  • Enjoys R'n'B music.
  • Played basketball, touch and more at school.
  • Has never met Merrick Watts.
  • Is REALLY good at handstands.
  • Has featured in gossip magazines, but does not read them.
Straight away, AFL Legend Jason Akermanis springs to mind (despite Dane Swann rumours). Aker lives in Sydney after moving from Queensland, he is 177cm tall and is famous for his goatee and handstands. The only clue that has perplexed me is that he believes he will be one of the "younger" camp members, at the age of 39. Looks like we will have to wait and see...

Here is a round up of all our clues:

US Sitcom Star
  • He has worked on over 60 films.
  • He is a stand up comedian.
  • He has skills that extend behind the scenes.
Shock Jock
  • He is outspoken and tells it like it is.
  • He isn't afraid, nor never far from controversy.
AFL Legend
  • He is a Brownlow Medalist who isn't afraid to tell it like it is.
  • He is a Premiership Winning Player.
Much Loved Olympian
  • He/She is a three-time Olympian.
  • He/She has had success in sport, television and business.
  • He/She is a legend of the pool.
Pop Diva
  • She is a pop and soap star.
  • She has had a number of top 10 hits.
  • She has performed at the Arias.
  • Has had hit singles overseas.
  • Barracks for St Kilda.
Aussie Comedian
  • He is a TV and Radio presenter.
  • He is one half of a famous duo.
Singing Sensation
  • She is an actress, author and Aria winner.
  • She has gone platinum.
Reality Star
  • She is a blonde fire-cracker who won't play by the rules.
Famous Australian Actor
  • He is a legend of the small and big screen.
  • He has played some very memorable characters.
  • He has appeared in one of the world's biggest movie franchises.
Beauty Queen
  • She is a model, pageant-title holder and reality contestant.
  • She is a social media star.

Hmm based on those clues I will lock in Casey Donovan, Hayley Lewis and Matt Okine. No clue on the rest. Beauty Queen is probably Tegan but I'll say Madeline Cowe for a left field guess.

Not sure on the pop diva but Steph Macintosh did date the captain of St Kilda for ages, I don't think the rest of the clues fit beyond singer and soap star.

Hugo Weaving could be the actor, doesn't really seem like his thing.

I feel like the key here is to look for underwhelming choices, at least based on previous years.

Pop star is 100% Natalie Bassingthwaighte. They blew her cover in the Fitzy & Wippa interview by simply pitching down her voice a notch to protect her identity. Raised it up again and whattayaknow, it's The Bass. Plus, all the clues fit perfectly.

Pop star is 100% Natalie Bassingthwaighte. They blew her cover in the Fitzy & Wippa interview by simply pitching down her voice a notch to protect her identity. Raised it up again and whattayaknow, it's The Bass. Plus, all the clues fit perfectly.

yayyy izzy!

she should make a return to neighbours. like dee.

What's the difference between 'singing sensation' and 'pop star'? Someone like Nat Bass, Imbruglia, Steph MacIntosh, Casey Donovan, Holly Valance could fit either, so maybe the singing sensation is from another field of music? Someone more theatrical like Marina Prior or Rachel Beck (though she hasn't gone platinum).

What's the difference between 'singing sensation' and 'pop star'? Someone like Nat Bass, Imbruglia, Steph MacIntosh, Casey Donovan, Holly Valance could fit either, so maybe the singing sensation is from another field of music? Someone more theatrical like Marina Prior or Rachel Beck (though she hasn't gone platinum).

Yeah, it's bit vague. I'd love for it to be Rachel Beck!

I think "singing sensation" is someone who was discovered by a channel (one would think 10 in this case) and are still trying to squeeze their money's worth?

My thoughts/guesses

US Sitcom Star - David Spade
Shock Jock - Waleed Aly
AFL Legend - Jason Akermanis
Much Loved Olympian - Dawn Fraser
Pop Diva - Natalie Bassingthwaite (big name on TV clue)
Aussie Comedian - Merrick Watts
Singing Sensation - Casey Donovan
Reality Star - Keira MacGuire
Famous Australian Actor - Shane Jacobson (had a bit part in the Bourne Legacy)
Beauty Queen - Tahan Lew Fatt

Most are names already in this thread then a couple of left field options :)

My thoughts/guesses

Shock Jock - Waleed Aly

Disagree on us sitcom star, shock jock, afl legend, olympian, comedian, actor, and beauty queen.

My thoughts/guesses

Shock Jock - Waleed Aly

Interesting you say Waleed, they have been making jokes about Steve Price going in the past week. Not sure he's that shocking though (Waleed, Price is more the shock jock).

Interesting you say Waleed, they have been making jokes about Steve Price going in the past week. Not sure he's that shocking though (Waleed, Price is more the shock jock).
I went with the thought that they are probably stretching the limit of truth to make the "celeb" sound more exciting for a few of my options. Waleed was definitely one of those.

Back