Skip to main content

2017 Celebrity Predictions

I'm still sure it is Samantha Jade after fully reviewing the video. The beginning of the ad wear Dr Chris Brown is standing in front of the Pop Diva in the White top and Skirt - The pop divas looks young with blonde hair, short and distinctive ears - similar to Samantha's. Chris Brown is 1.88cm, Samantha is 1.66cm - height seems to correspond to the ad. Sportsbet has Miley as a possible pop diva but Miley has a lots of tattoos while the pop divas doesnt. Other short pop divas comes to mind is Dannii Minogue but shes is brunette and Kylie I recall she is has a more leaner build compared to the pop diva in the ad.

Also that scene standing to the right of the pop diva is a brunette hair woman, and a red sparkly blazer worn by a male?

I'm still sure it is Samantha Jade after fully reviewing the video. The beginning of the ad wear Dr Chris Brown is standing in front of the Pop Diva in the White top and Skirt - The pop divas looks young with blonde hair, short and distinctive ears - similar to Samantha's. Chris Brown is 1.88cm, Samantha is 1.66cm - height seems to correspond to the ad. Sportsbet has Miley as a possible pop diva but Miley has a lots of tattoos while the pop divas doesnt. Other short pop divas comes to mind is Dannii Minogue but shes is brunette and Kylie I recall she is has a more leaner build compared to the pop diva in the ad.

Also that scene standing to the right of the pop diva is a brunette hair woman, and a red sparkly blazer worn by a male?

I would say that the actors used in the ad were picked to represent what most people would view a "pop diva" or a "AFL player" as. I don't think the celebrities will actually look like the actors in the commercials.

Unless somehow this season we are getting a jungle filled with every single celebrity being slim and attractive? :p They got to get viewers using sex appeal instead of showing something like Merv Hughes's hairy back! ;)

Some more clues have been revealed in the past day:

US Sitcom Star:
* He is a stand up comedian.
* Has appeared in over 60 films.

AFL Legend:
* Brownlow medallist.
* One of AFL's biggest characters.

Shock Jock:
* He is outspoken, tells it how it is and not afraid of controversy.

My two cents I think the AFL legend will be Dipper (Robert DiPierdomenico).

I have no idea about the US sitcom star. It could be so many people but you will have to assume it is someone who is pretty irrelevant now who would jump at the chance to do a Aussie only show...

I would say that the actors used in the ad were picked to represent what most people would view a "pop diva" or a "AFL player" as. I don't think the celebrities will actually look like the actors in the commercials.

Unless somehow this season we are getting a jungle filled with every single celebrity being slim and attractive? :p They got to get viewers using sex appeal instead of showing something like Merv Hughes's hairy back! ;)

Last years ad had Chris Brown carrying the pop singer over Chris shoulders - the pop singer was short, and there was a male voice that sounds pretty much like Anthony's.

seen that sportbet had added samantha jade as an option at 1.87 today... I place $86 [ 86 seems to be the current limit ] on her to enter the jungle

It does sound like Sandilands actually but I just don't know if I can see it, maybe after Warnie was allowed to smoke he has come around. He had to leave the BB house though if I recall, as if he'd last in the jungle. No doubt that they would want him though.

Maybe someone like Kate Derouge for the pop diva. I know that isn't how you spell her name, but that probably fits with the clues. Channel 10, blonde, was in that young divas thing. Maybe.

Yes, I highly doubt that the people in the ads are the people going in and as you say are representative of what 'we' would imagine.

A US Sitcom Star - David Spade
Australia's HOTTEST model - Erin McNaught
Shock Jock - Steve Price
Much Loved Olympian - Kurt Fearnley
"World famous" pop diva - Dannii Minogue
AFL Legend - Jason Akermanis

It does sound like Sandilands actually but I just don't know if I can see it, maybe after Warnie was allowed to smoke he has come around. He had to leave the BB house though if I recall, as if he'd last in the jungle. No doubt that they would want him though.

Maybe someone like Kate Derouge for the pop diva. I know that isn't how you spell her name, but that probably fits with the clues. Channel 10, blonde, was in that young divas thing. Maybe.

Kyle is strongly denying that he is going in the jungle but that could be a ploy but like you said I agree I don't think he would last in the jungle. @Kaz might be right with Steve Price? Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's not him either.

Kate DeAraugo isn't exactly world famous (most Aussie's probably wouldn't even remember her) but your suggestion reminded me that Ricki-Lee Coulter and Jessica Mauboy were in the same group as her "Young Divas" and it is a possibility that it could be either of them.
A US Sitcom Star - David Spade
Australia's HOTTEST model - Erin McNaught
Shock Jock - Steve Price
Much Loved Olympian - Kurt Fearnley
"World famous" pop diva - Dannii Minogue
AFL Legend - Jason Akermanis

David Spade is a name going around but I think he would be a little bit too high profile to go on this show. He might be a name the media puts around like they did with Melissa Joan Hart in the first season. And was it Dane Cook last year?

I agree and could imagine Jason Akermanis being the AFL legend too if it's not Dipper.

Thinking about the "singing sensation" we don't know much about that celebrity yet but Rob Mills comes to mind. I will have to check if he is doing any shows in February/March. That's my early prediction for now.

I suggested Tom Ballard for the comedian before but he has a couple of shows in February and March so that rules him out.

Some more clues have been revealed in the past day:

US Sitcom Star:
* He is a stand up comedian.
* Has appeared in over 60 films.

AFL Legend:
* Brownlow medallist.
* One of AFL's biggest characters.

Shock Jock:
* He is outspoken, tells it how it is and not afraid of controversy.

My two cents I think the AFL legend will be Dipper (Robert DiPierdomenico).

I have no idea about the US sitcom star. It could be so many people but you will have to assume it is someone who is pretty irrelevant now who would jump at the chance to do a Aussie only show...

Rob Schneider used to have his own sitcom and was in Men Behaving Badly. He has 82 appearances on IMDB

Rob Schneider used to have his own sitcom and was in Men Behaving Badly. He has 82 appearances on IMDB

Another associate of Adam Sandler but I think he still is a bit too big for this show and isn't really known as a "sitcom" star. I have a feeling it is probably going to be someone retro from one of the 80 or 90's sitcoms. It will have to be a US sitcom that did well in Australia...

I could be totally wrong though and it's someone a bit more current...

For the pop diva I hope for @yabbitboy's sake it is indeed Samantha Jade! :p Aww @ your crush.

Another associate of Adam Sandler but I think he still is a bit too big for this show and isn't really known as a "sitcom" star. I have a feeling it is probably going to be someone retro from one of the 80 or 90's sitcoms. It will have to be a US sitcom that did well in Australia...

I could be totally wrong though and it's someone a bit more current...

For the pop diva I hope for @yabbitboy's sake it is indeed Samantha Jade! :p Aww @ your crush.

Hope Samantha get in the jungle too. She might be a viewer target for them Tucker Trials, on "The Morning Show" she mentioned she always get picked last at school's sports class - which mean she would not do well in physical event.

Charlie Sheen might be an outside chance of being in the jungle, though not too sure. Charlie did do a brief stint as a stand up comic with sold out shows during his mental breakdown around 2011.

Recapping what we know so far... Could use this as a template when we get more clues.

AFL Legend (Male)
He is a Brownlow medallist and one of AFL's biggest characters.

Australia's Hottest Model (Female)
?

Comedian (Male)
?

Much Loved Olympian (Male)
?

Pop Diva (Female)
World famous.

Reality Star
?

Shock Jock (Male)
He is outspoken and tells it like it is. Not afraid of controversy.

Singing Sensation
?

US Sitcom Star (Male)
He is a stand up comedian and has appeared in over 60 films.

Celebrity N0.10
?

Notes:
* Gender's were revealed in the commercial.

* They advertise that ten celebrities will be entering the jungle but we have only been given clues on nine of them so far. Either they don't have someone confirmed yet or it's someone big who they don't want to reveal at this stage. Personally I think they will want to put a cricketer in from the Big Bash and probably in the process of trying to get one of the cricketers or their commentators to agree to participate.

Some more of my random guesses locked in for now until we get more clues... I am cheating a bit though with listing two celebrities on some of them (shh!!! :yawn:)

AFL Legend - Dipper or Jason Akermanis

Comedian - Dave Thornton

Much Loved Olympian - Ian Thorpe

Pop Diva - Ricki-Lee Coulter or Samantha Jade

Reality Star - Keira Maguire (From The Bachelor)

Shock Jock - Steve Price

Singing Sensation - Samantha Jade or Rob Mills

US Sitcom Star - Thomas Lennon (From The Odd Couple 2015 and Reno 911) I think Thomas would be fantastic in the jungle. He would embrace it and would love the other Aussie celebrities. The Odd Couple has finished filming in the US for the third season. He has appeared in lots of movies.

Tv ad - The US sitcom star is wearing a black or dark blue suit, slightly shiny - looks middled aged. "This world famous star is less so a comedian" " made over 60 films"

Tim Allen or Charlie Sheen for sitcom/movie/standup comic.

Last edited:
Much Loved Olympian - Lisa Curry - thought I seen her profile in the ad.... Drats, why did I deleted that ad......

Tv ad - The US sitcom star is wearing a black or dark blue suit, slightly shiny - looks middled aged. "This world famous star is less so a comedian" " made over 60 films"

Tim Allen or Charlie Sheen for sitcom/movie/standup comic.
Doubt it for both. Tim Allen has a successful sitcom current, and Sheen has a movie just coming out. No reason for either.

Much Loved Olympian - Lisa Curry - thought I seen her profile in the ad.... Drats, why did I deleted that ad......

They potrayed the much loved Olympian as a man on the commercial (in the snapshot part with the clue and the back of the celebrity about to enter the "hotel"). This year I think they are revealing the sex of the celebrities.

So far we have:
AFL legend - Male
Australia's Hottest Model - Female
Comedian - Male
Pop Diva - Female
Shock Jock - Male
US Sitcom Star - Male

Unknown: Reality Star, Singing Sensation

Revealing the genders helps us narrow it down a bit by 50% :);)

Back