Skip to main content

2017 Celebrity Predictions

Duffman

Duffman says a lot of things! Oh yeah!
So the commercial came out this week with a few clues as to who the celebrities will be in the 2017 season.

There is...

A US Sitcom Star (they referred to them as a "him")
Australia's HOTTEST model (female model used)
Shock Jock
Comedian
"World famous" pop diva
AFL Legend

So that's six celebrities we can speculate on! Let's discuss:

So here is a few guesses from me and some of them I have read from other people on various websites and TV Tonight.

US Sitcom star - Dustin Diamond (Screech! from Saved By The Bell)

Shock Jock - Mel Greig (1/2 of the Royal prank scandal) she also has been appearing on Studio 10 recently.

Comedian - This could be anyone but I think it would be nice if Tom Ballard went on the show. He came across as a compassionate human being on the SBS First Contact show which aired last week if anyone else watched it?

"World famous" pop diva - Rumours are that it's Ricki-Lee Coulter. Apparently the "world famous" part could refer to one of her singles being played on a US TV show. Remember Last year Dean Geyer was technically a "Hollywood Heartthrob".

Those are my guesses for now... We will get a lot more clues closer to premiere night and I can speculate some more then.

Well the way 2016 has gone I suspect most celebs would have signed up to anything in 2017 on the asusmption they probably wouldn't make it.

Definitely Mel Greig for the shock jock. I'm sure they would love to get Kyle Sandilands on board and he would be entertaining, but as if he'd do it, he couldn't even handle celebrity BB. Mel needs the money and career boost more. Also she started out in reality tv if I recall.

Not sure on the rest. Maybe Sophie monk for the pop star.

I got Anthony Callea right for last years version, I hope my this year prediction is right as well??

World Famous Pop Star - Samantha Jade - World Famous - she Sang the "Step Up" song from the movie "Step Up". She filled in for Kylie Gilles co-hosted Channel 7 "The Morning Show" on Thursday 8th December... Anthony Callea appeared on "The Morning Show" as a singer a few weeks before his stint on "I'm A Celebrity" as well.

I only discovered Samantha Jade and her music this year. I missed out watching X-Factor in 2012, as I only started watching that show in 2014, the year Marisa won. I hope she makes it to the jungle, She is a really good singer and I got a huge crush on her. :inlove:

Did the Voice dump Delta?
She would fit the diva, and be great to torture.
Ricki lee is a good guess she was in divas wasn't she, and her song got played in SATC movie.

I hope they pick a survivor, and a master chef to cook that shit.

The model & the radio person - they have to be failures /no job, or they couldn't possibly take all that time out.
Mel the fits that, grrr. she is so awful, and forever trying to change our mind about her
Models could be an instagramer/bikini type.

I got Anthony Callea right for last years version, I hope my this year prediction is right as well??

World Famous Pop Star - Samantha Jade

To add further fuel to my theory, Samantha Jade seems to be missing in this years "Carols In The Domain", http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/12/carols-in-the-domain-finds-its-x-factor.html

since winning X-Factor in 2012, she appeared in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 "Carols In The Domain". Also I recalled Woolworths sponsors the shows X-Factor and Carols In The Domain and Samantha Jade is associated with Woolworths via tv commercials etc - I think if she not going into the Jungle, then shouldnt she be singing in this year's "Carol In The Domain" as well?.... I am just waiting for Sportsbet to add her name to the "Whos going into the jungle" list and I am probably going to place a bet, I should have bet on Anthony Callea for last years but didnt - I dont like using my credit card online, but recently found out sportsbet accept paypal and I am ok with paypal.

Last edited:
It looked like a male for the shock jock, I feel like they really want us to think its Kyle Sandilands! I'm certain it is not him though.

To add further fuel to my theory, Samantha Jade seems to be missing in this years "Carols In The Domain", http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/12/carols-in-the-domain-finds-its-x-factor.html

since winning X-Factor in 2012, she appeared in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 "Carols In The Domain". Also I recalled Woolworths sponsors the shows X-Factor and Carols In The Domain and Samantha Jade is associated with Woolworths via tv commercials etc - I think if she not going into the Jungle, then shouldnt she be singing in this year's "Carol In The Domain" as well?.... I am just waiting for Sportsbet to add her name to the "Whos going into the jungle" list and I am probably going to place a bet, I should have bet on Anthony Callea for last years but didnt - I dont like using my credit card online, but recently found out sportsbet accept paypal and I am ok with paypal.

What's the link here? That it's different networks? They aren't in the jungle yet and no doubt still get to honour commitments as well as Christmas celebrations. Havana Brown did an Australia Day event 2 days before going into the jungle last year.

It may well be Samantha, it fits. Just not sure this is proof.

Maybe she's missing because she's shit?

What about Shannon Noll, Leo Sayer and John Paul Young? - although they were good during their heyday, but they are way past their prime and still appear on the program. I dont think Ky Baldwin a better singer than Samantha Jade?

A bit of a far stretch, but I think Jessica Mauboy coud be going into the jungle. It did look like her in the promo when they said World Famous pop diva

Just caught a brief glimpse of the tv ad, the pop diva was wearing a white sparkly dress, looks short in stature and had white skin. Should have taped it so I could study it more.......

ok, I did discovered I did taped the ad when I timer recorded "Entertainment Tonight".

Shock Jock - Male, white
Pop Diva - long tight white skirt white, white top, wrapped in sparkles. she holds a mircophone on her left hand.
AFL legend - wearing black and white.... Magpies? Sorry I dont follow football.
Aussie Comedian - white male.

Shock jock doesn't need to be Australian. My first thought was Danny Bonaduce or he could be the sitcom star.

Back