Skip to main content

2015 - 2016 Media Articles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While not exactly big brother related, but as bbs biggest timeslot rival I suppose its interesting to know...

http://tvtonight.com.au/2015/08/will-the-block-kick-off-nines-new-ratings-year.html

Will The Block kick off Nine’s new ratings year?

The Block returns to screens next month for its 11th season, set in a former hotel in South Yarra.

The show, which first began in 2003, is one of Australia’s longest running Reality shows.

But as September draws ever closer, time is ticking away for the the show to secure its next property if it plans to have a series on air at the start of 2016.

The lead-in time to produce a season is significant. The Triple Threat property in Darling Street South Yarra, screened in January this year, was reported in media in June 2014. The Albert Park property, which kicked off the 2014 ratings year as Fans vs Faves, was already being refitted for contestants in August 2013.

Filming for the summer series normally begins in October following months of planning.

Block executive producer Julian Cress, who is understood to be overseas, recently told TV Tonight, the Nine show was on the hunt for a beach house.

“We have been looking at some properties down on the Mornington Peninsula,” he said.

“Unfortunately somebody else bought it, but that doesn’t stop us looking again. It’s a great area. It’s where Melbourne goes to holiday. If you can afford it it’s really aspirational.”

Julian Cress and David Barbour also have completed a pilot for a dating show which has attracted some buzz, but is yet to be greenlit by the network. Could it be brought in to play if The Block runs later in the year?

For now all eyes are on the South Yarra tower at the centre of the next season. It offers spectacular 360 views for the lucky purchasers and presumably another roller-coaster ride for its 5 renovation teams.

Yeah that subreddit is full of bogan nob heads with nothing better to do but complain about everything, look at any post and you'll see the same thing

There's a reason I'm really only active on this forum in the off season... Everyone raves about reddit but I've never really understood the appeal...

"Meanwhile Nine’s Backwell tells News Corp the copycat programming war of 2015 will not be revisited." Well thank god, I hope they realised how boring this year was!

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/09/nine-looking-to-new-comedy-projects.html

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Meanwhile Nine’s Backwell tells News Corp the copycat programming war of 2015 will not be revisited.

“We have to get to a situation as an industry where we stop fighting each other,” he says.

“Seven and Nine are not enemies. Our main challenge is to stop the audience fragmentation.

“We should make free to air TV the best product possible so we stop viewers drifting to pay TV, online and to the streaming services.”

Ross agreed: “As a programmer you want to offer alternatives and that was always the intention this year. It didn’t work out that way.”

As the final quarter of the ratings year begins, Nine is leading in the Demos, but Seven rules on Total People.

And TEN has gained on both.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Meanwhile Nine’s Backwell tells News Corp the copycat programming war of 2015 will not be revisited." Well thank god, I hope they realised how boring this year was!

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/09/nine-looking-to-new-comedy-projects.html

Meanwhile Nine’s Backwell tells News Corp the copycat programming war of 2015 will not be revisited.

“We have to get to a situation as an industry where we stop fighting each other,” he says.

“Seven and Nine are not enemies. Our main challenge is to stop the audience fragmentation.

“We should make free to air TV the best product possible so we stop viewers drifting to pay TV, online and to the streaming services.”

Ross agreed: “As a programmer you want to offer alternatives and that was always the intention this year. It didn’t work out that way.”

As the final quarter of the ratings year begins, Nine is leading in the Demos, but Seven rules on Total People.

And TEN has gained on both.

8zQV7fcVRocwRqM7KCYMU66f0PKB8wJDMhOnMgqrC7lQN3Cln1nyzPjekt6NVozcVemd-tStAFe-hZgXrUPWvVNVcDFCUWgBxXeS2ZHOBxJ3lgu7zg=w500-h225-nc

Big brother's Jumpin page was last updated on September 7. Seems to be updated frequently as well. Could mean nothing, but interesting none the less. Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 10.52.02 pm.png Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 10.50.15 pm.png[DOUBLEPOST=1441889659][/DOUBLEPOST]Also recently the poll was taking down. I keep a good memory hahah.Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 10.52.32 pm.png

Big Brother crew sues for $260,000 over fall
September 17, 2015 1:21pm
Meagan WeymesGold Coast Bulletin

Big Brother is watching Adelaide
BIGBRO_648x365_2230181515-hero.jpg

v1

ea903da5bfe631e35a417b78de2bf478

George Borse. Photo: Facebook.
He says he suffered injuries to his left knee and both wrists as a result of the fall.

HACKSAW RIDGE HOPEFULS IN TRAINING
He has lodged a $259,000 personal injury claim in the Southport District Court against Ardent Leisure which owns Dreamworld where the Big Brother house is located.

The claim is also against a second defendant NEP Australia, a subcontractor that provided broadcast facilities and crew on set.

084efe16379a87c8c959d2e2fb81bf28

Big Brother 2012 host Sonia Kruger.
In court documents, prepared by Maurice Blackburn Lawyers, Borse alleges the two companies breached their duty of care because the auditorium was “not safe and fit for proper use”.

He claims the companies allowed the unscrewed auditorium chairs to be left in an unsafe manner on a walkway which presented a “hazard and foreseeable risk of injury” to workers. Borse further claims that the companies failed to provide adequate training to employees or contractors and required him to walk through the auditorium in “dangerous circumstances”.

“The plaintiff is unable to return to work as a cameraman due to the heavy nature of the work and has had to turn down several opportunities as a result,” the injury claim states.

“There will always be the possibility of unemployment and the possible requirement to relocate and find suitable employment.

“The plaintiff will suffer on the open labour market if he is unable to retain his current position.”

Borse claims one of the jobs he had to turn down due to his injuries involved filming horse training videos.

The $259,000 figure in the injury claim includes $161,000 in future economic loss and general damages of $30,000 for “pain, suffering and inconvenience”.

An NEP Australia spokeswoman said the company did not employ Borse on Big Brother, was not the producer of the program and did not supply the venue or lighting services.

“NEP Australia was a subcontractor on the program, providing broadcast facilities and crew only,” she said.

“NEP Australia is therefore not able to comment on Mr Borse’s allegations.”

Ardent Leisure declined to comment on the case when contacted by the Gold Coast Bulletin.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...260000-over-fall/story-fnihsrf2-1227536319244

Kingston please stop being so rude and start being more sassy in a good way! :)

I'm not sassy... I'm a cunt... Sassy is an attitude... Being a cunt is a way of life...

It was also published on TV Tonight if that counts for anything

It all seems to come from this NewsCorp article:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...on-channel-seven/story-e6frfmyi-1227543934241

You need to scroll all the way to the last section of the article to see it.

My point is still valid... If you're going to post articles from fan sites at least make sure that they are credible... Even if said article is only a copy and pasted or summarized version of an article written elsewhere... A plagiarized article isn't credible and it doesn't take a grade 6 eduction to know that... Anyone with an ounce of integrity would have cited their sources instead of making it appear like they have questionable "inside information"...

Okay so listening to KIIS FM this morning and they played an audio grab from Tegan Martin last night at the Brownlow.

Tegan stated that both she and Gabi Grecko (both contestants on Celebrity Apprentice) were originally meant to be part of Celebrity Big Brother. When Nine scrapped CBB they put Tegan and Gabi on CA instead. (Tegan was citing this as a reason why Gabi didn't really know what she was getting herself into on CA, hence her elimination in Week 1.)

I'm guessing the majority of contestants currently in CA would have been a good gauge of the types of "celebs" we'd have seen in CBB, tbh.

Okay so listening to KIIS FM this morning and they played an audio grab from Tegan Martin last night at the Brownlow.

Tegan stated that both she and Gabi Grecko (both contestants on Celebrity Apprentice) were originally meant to be part of Celebrity Big Brother. When Nine scrapped CBB they put Tegan and Gabi on CA instead. (Tegan was citing this as a reason why Gabi didn't really know what she was getting herself into on CA, hence her elimination in Week 1.)

I'm guessing the majority of contestants currently in CA would have been a good gauge of the types of "celebs" we'd have seen in CBB, tbh.
I thought that they were all originally going to be on Celebrity Big Brother. I just figured that they wouldn't have had time to recast for a whole new show in such little time.

That makes sense. It's actually a semi decent cast and might have been OK for CBB. Well not that I've watched any of CA to comment. If Mav was involved with any of the preproduction stuff before he went over to ruin I'm a Celebrity (well I'm guessing) then you just know that Tim Dormer was his first choice.

Another Channel 9 fail.....

October 4th, 2015 By David Knox Make a commentFiled under: News,

If there’s one show that cops a drubbing over its production conditions it’s Nine’s Celebrity Apprentice.

Now Gina Liano takes aim at the way the talent was treated on the shoot.

She said they filmed for up to 19 hours straight, starting at 4am, and were often prevented from eating, drinking or even using the toilet for hours at a time.

“I am a professional woman. It’s not uncommon for me to be in court for hours at a time, but even then, as a courtesy they will give everyone a break to use the bathroom and collect their thoughts,” she tells News Corp.

“That didn’t happen on Celebrity Apprentice or, as I like to call it, Celebrity Punishment.”

The Real Housewives star said she had since heard producers may have deliberately turned down the air-conditioning during filming of boardroom scenes, to put stars on edge.

Her claims follow previous criticism from Brian Mannix and Peter Everett.

Brian Mannix once told media, ”It is a celebration of the worst in human nature under the high moral ground of raising money for charity.

“It wasn’t fun at all. If you like arguing, cracking the shits and being a bitch then you’d love it but I found the whole experience a bit morally bankrupt.”

Peter Everett once said, “I was staying with some friends in Sydney and honestly, I was coming home saying ‘Please don’t make me go back there, please don’t make me go back’.

“I was severely depleted, I was getting sick and trying to pull energy out of nowhere and added with the emotional side, it was hard core.”

But last month Kerri-Anne Kennerley told TV Tonight, “The manipulation, I’m not so convinced about because I’m not allowed to interfere or tell them what to do. They do exactly what the project manager tells them to do.

“If I saw things being so complete unfair, I don’t know how I’d react. Everybody was in exactly the same boat. And the longer they stayed in the more tired and exhausted they got.

Reference: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/10/another-sledge-against-conditions-on-celebrity-apprentice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back