Skip to main content

2014 Media Articles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A goldie from The Goldman:

The voice (and the heart) of Big Brother

“I’m the Voice-Over guy who occasionally gets to go on camera,” shrugs Mike Goldman.

But to so many Big Brother fans, he is the heart of the show.

When Nine announced it would revive the Reality series, fans were adamant. It had to have Mike Goldman. They had heard him narrate 8 series on TEN, watched him host endless hours of Up Late, get giddy at Friday Night Games and work the crowd at countless Live evictions. The show may well have no bigger fan than Goldman himself.

“Sometimes I find myself watching the ‘quad-split’ which is all of the channels being mixed live from the control room. I sit there after work when I should have gone home 3 hours ago, watching a conversation because you just get a side of their personalities that sometimes you don’t see unless you’re watching for a good hour.”

Occasionally his enthusiasm spills over into comments that give him a little network grief.

“I always get in trouble, but that’s because I love the show so much. I’m such a fan, so I let some things slip because I talk to other people who are passionate about the show,” he concedes.

“I’m the first to jump up and down when there is something I don’t like, but at the same time I look at myself and go ‘That’s why I am so passionate about it!’

“I love what this show brings to the television landscape.”

For Wednesday’s grand final he is tipping the final 3 to be Travis, Skye and Ryan or Penny.

“There have only been 4 girls to win the show before: Alisha, Terri, Reggie and Tim Dormer,” he jokes.
“Penny has been an Intruder turned Housemate only in the last few weeks and she’s won a lot of hearts because she is quirky and unusual. The things that come out of her mouth are bizarre, but she is so likeable. So she could scrape through (to the finale).

“Word on the street is –and I don’t know if I’m allowed to say this- it was neck and neck between Priya and David at the last minute. We had packages done up for Priya and David at the time.”

There’s that habit of saying too much again….

Goldman’s association stretches all the way back to 2001, to the days of Gretel Killeen, Sarah-Marie and Blair. He loves the show’s spontaneity and ability to take story detours mid-season.

“It broke all records and had everybody doing the bum dance. It was just crazy. It was so exciting to be a part of,” he recalls.

“It’s not like working on a boring TV show where you think ‘Ok this is what the network said we have to do’ or what the production company said we have to make. You never know what’s going to happen to the House from one day to the next.

“I feel sorry for people who work on shows like The Big Adventure –and a couple of them work on Big Brother. They pour their heart and soul into something and then along comes Big Bang Theory up against it, which they didn’t expect, and they get no viewers and it’s pretty much axed.

“It’s sad when that happens because people work so hard on something and I feel that there is enough of the pie to go around. Mind you I was a bit confused when I watched it!

“But our show is so organic, with people’s lives right there and then. In this age people like to know this is an event, something going on right now with people falling in and out of love, or breaking up with their girlfriend Live on TV.”

Yet while the 11th series has not matched recent ratings -even by Nine standards- Goldman deftly concedes some short-comings while still finding positivity.

“In my mind it wasn’t a fail because I am a fan and there are a lot of people who adore the show. But I know they were let down by not having as much access and losing touch with what was going on in the house. We used to have Up Late, Friday Night Live games, a Twitter feed, and they were saying they wanted more,” he says.

“If I was in charge I’d get one of those bloody annoying infomercial channels and run it 24 / 7 with Big Brother news updates on the hour, with Friday Night Games on the main channel in primetime and the Daily Show every half hour 7 days a week so that people know exactly what’s going on.

“But that’s just me because I’m a fan,” he tactfully adds.

“I’ve seen the target demographics and in 16-39 we’re winning. So to be winning that when we’re on at 8:40 at night against every single other show on TV, Channel TEN would wet their pants if they had that.

“And the JumpIn figures are bigger than any show they’ve ever had. They’re massive. The money it’s brought in online has been huge.”

Goldman insists he is no Programmer, but would prefer the show was constructed around fewer tasks and challenges and more about housemate characters.

“I just want to hear them talk and interact. I want to see intimate moments between housemates sharing a part of their soul, and I want to be reminded who these people are. They’re mechanics, nurses, radiographers, dancers, teachers –these are people plucked from all walks of life not because they can renovate or cook. They’re everyday people,” he continues.

“It teaches us a lot about ourselves. It teaches me a lot about myself when I realise ‘I can’t stand this person’ on a first impression and then after a couple of weeks they have really grown on me and I love them.”

This year the winner of Big Brother, whoever it is, will be left standing in the house alone (rather than announced on stage). Goldman isn’t sure if he will make an appearance in the final.

“I hope so but it’s Sonia’s show! I guess I will find out on Monday,” he says.

He’s then headed to Los Angeles for discussions about formats of his own he is developing, and hoping the show will land a 12th season in 2015.

“Even if it’s given a year off it will definitely come back. There’s no other show like it.”

Big Brother airs 8:30pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday on Nine.
NB: TV Tonight publishing Live results AEDT on Wednesday.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/11/the-voice-and-the-heart-of-big-brother.html

Hmmm.... Interesting to see both Sonia and now Mike touting a different presentation for the show. Either they're sick of NINE or there's some 'publicity' behind these two statements.

However, given how good the season sounded pre-season, I'm trying NOT to get my hopes up.

Now that's Sin City! Big Brother's latest evictee David Hodis shares passionate kiss with 2012 housemate Layla Subritzky at Gold Coast night club
By Alicia Vrajlal for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 11:05 AEST, 24 November 2014 | Updated: 13:04 AEST, 24 November 2014

• With the Big Brother eviction only a few sleeps away, evicted housemates are making the most of their reunion on the Gold Coast and hitting the town for some wild nights out.

It seems friendly was taken to the next level on Sunday night when latest evictee David Hodis and 2012 housemate Layla Subritsky shared a passionate kiss on the dance floor.

Fellow housemate Gemma Kinghorn took to her Facebook account on Sunday to share a photo of the pair getting up close and personal at Sin City nightclub.

Scroll down for video

236FB45E00000578-0-image-51_1416783777009.jpg

Up close and personal: Big Brother's latest evictee David Hodis and 2012 housemate Layla Subritzky shared a passionate kiss during a night out on the Gold Coast on Sunday

237010D800000578-2846519-Loving_it_David_was_just_evicted_last_week_while_Layla_appeared_-71_1416787941409.jpg
    1416787940239_Image_galleryImage_At_the_tendenceaus_launch.JPG

Loving it: David was just evicted last week while Layla appeared on the 2012 season, finishing as a runner-up and enjoying romances with George and Sam in the house during that series

David gets a surprise visit and kiss from Chloe
    video-undefined-2318935E00000578-487_636x358.jpg

'Ooo la Layla!!!!! @reallifedave @laylasubritzky,' she captioned the photo, in which David held onto Layla's face while planting a smooch on her lips.

David's rendezvous with Layla is one of many since he was evicted last week, with photos of him cosying up to female fans also splashed across social media.

It was during his time in the house when Big Brother convinced David there was a die-hard fan Chloe who was absolutely infatuated with him.

While he thought he met her during a house challenge, it turns out the quirky female he came face-to-face with was just a competition winner.

236AA3F400000578-2846519-image-55_1416785959803.jpg

Just nights earlier: David's rendezvous with Layla is one of many since he was evicted last week, with photos of him cosying up to female fans also splashed across social media

237010E800000578-2846519-image-56_1416785970374.jpg

The gang is here: David and Layla weren't the only two housemates getting up to some saucy fun during the night out on Sunday, with Jake, Lisa, Sandra and Sam ready for the good times

But after hearing the stranger whose real name isn't Chloe actually likes him, he said he'd be open to catching up with her again.

'I did say that if she was a real girl out there I’d definitely have a drink with her at some point,' he told Daily Mail Australia last week.

Meanwhile when Layla was in the Big Brother house in 2012, finishing as runner-up on the series, she struck up a romance with two hunks George Baramily and later Sam Wallace.

237010D300000578-2846519-image-57_1416785977845.jpg

Flaunting it: Curly haired Sandra Nixon wasn't afraid to show off her enviable figure, posing for some fun snaps with Sam Bramham whom she openly had a crush on while in the Big Brother house

237010F400000578-2846519-image-58_1416785985397.jpg

Drink up: Love rat Lawson (right) joined Jason, Gemma and Marina for some chilled beverages

Housemates freeze for Big Brother tour group
    video-undefined-230ABE4600000578-989_636x358.jpg

David and Layla weren't the only two housemates getting up to some saucy fun during the night out on Sunday.

Curly haired Sandra Nixon wasn't afraid to show off her enviable figure, posing for some fun snaps with Sam Bramham whom she openly had a crush on while in the Big Brother house.

Rumoured lovebirds Lisa Clark and Jake Richardson posed for cute elevator selfies while love rat Lawson enjoyed the chilled beverages on offer.

237010E100000578-2846519-image-59_1416785992420.jpg

Fiery: Lawson and Sam posed for a photo on the night, with Lawson's lover Cat nowhere to be seen

2370110900000578-2846519-image-60_1416785998104.jpg

Remember her? Katie may have been evicted early on in the game, but she couldn't stop beaming as she enjoyed the night out with her housemates in the lead up to Wednesday night's finale

Familiar faces Leo, Jason, Katie and Marina also featured in social media snaps from the night, putting aside any differences they had in the house and now making the most of life together on the outside.

While the evictees are lapping up the party life on the outside, there are still six housemates in the Big Brother compound vying to win the final six-figure prize money on Wednesday night.

Four original housemates Ryan, Travis, Skye and Priya are joined by latecomers Penny and Lina for the grand finale.

2370110400000578-2846519-image-61_1416786003933.jpg

The boys: David, Tom, Richard, Jason, Leo and Sam were certainly keen to have their photo taken

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...tzky-Gold-Coast-night-club.html#ixzz3Jy25yx1K
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

'I don't want to be here!': Big Brother airs the housemates' dirty laundry but it seems Skye and Priya can dish the dirt but they can't take it
By Penelope Kilby for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 23:57 AEST, 24 November 2014 | Updated: 01:29 AEST, 25 November 2014

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...undry-Skye-Priya-dish-dirt-t-it.html#comments
    Nominations, secret conversations and back-stabbing by the final six on Big Brother Australia were revealed on Monday night's episode.

Big Brother played six secret video files for each of the housemates, one-by-one.

'It might be fair to say that you will find the content of these files uncomfortable,' Big Brother told the housemates.

Scroll down for video

2376C8B700000578-2847089-image-1_1416836648451.jpg

All out in the open: Nominations, secret conversations and back-stabbing by the final six on Big Brother Australia were revealed on Monday night's episode when six secret video files for each of the housemates were played one-by-one

'File number one belongs to you Lina,' The faceless dictator revealed.

The intruder's video started with her admission to not liking Ryan, then she went for the jugular with Penny.

Accusing her of 'constantly showing her boob,' Penny took the bagging session quite well.

She also admitted to having a 'superficial' relationship with Skye.

Skye was quick to hit back and apologise for allegedly pushing Lina out of social situations.

2376CDD800000578-2847089-image-2_1416836728453.jpg

Awkward: Lina's video started with her admission to not liking Ryan, then she went for the jugular with Penny

2376CDC100000578-2847089-image-3_1416836771533.jpg

The truth comes out! Accusing her of 'constantly showing her boob,' Penny took the bagging session quite well

Next up was Travis' video, where he began by nominating Priya and then gossiping about the school teacher's knack for picking fights.

He then had a go at Ryan for splitting up couples during a weekly task, 'what kind of person does that?' he said to Skye at the time.

Ryan took it well, laughing off his friends frustrations.

Intruder Penny was the third to have her dirty laundry aired, 'She gets away with saying some awful things to people because she's Skye,' she began with.

She then continued her rant about Skye for 'constantly running around naked all the time,' and double-dipping into the peanut butter jar.

With three down, there were three to go and Priya was next up.

2376CE0900000578-2847089-image-4_1416836811137.jpg

Can't handle the truth: Next up was Travis' video, where he began by nominating Priya and then gossiping about the school teacher's knack for picking fights

2376C3B200000578-2847089-image-6_1416836851705.jpg

Copping it on the chin: He then had a go at Ryan for splitting up couples during a weekly task

'Skye is so stupid it's not even funny,' she started. Penny was next on her target, followed by Ryan.

Ryan was the fifth to have his files revealed, with Travis being the first to cop his wrath.

'There's only so many fake laughs I can do,' before going on to nominate him for 'bicep-curling' his girlfriend.

The housemates were then treated to his nominating Skye, and then calling her a 'tacky little grot' and a 'dumb idiot.'He also called Priya a 'very deceitful woman.'

Finally it was Skye who was left to show her confessional, 'I love Ryan,' she told Big Brother. 'I just want to cuddle him, kiss his crooked teeth.'

She then went on to nominate Priya because she felt that she couldn't trust her.

The fallout from the secrets video started almost instantly.

AWKWARD: BB reveals Skye 'loves' Ryan but does he feel the same?
    video-undefined-2376690F00000578-211_636x358.jpg

2376CDCC00000578-2847089-image-7_1416836901602.jpg

Betrayal: 'Skye is so stupid it's not even funny,' Priya said of her blonde gal pal

2376C3DB00000578-2847089-image-8_1416836969650.jpg

Airing dirty laundry: The housemates were then treated to Ryan nominating Skye, and then calling her a 'tacky little grot' and a 'dumb idiot'

Lina was the first to confront Travis for his comments about Lina in his clip.

Priya was quick to gossip about Penny and Ryan to Skye, before the blonde ran to the bedroom for her weekly meltdown.

Meanwhile, Priya continued her complaining in the garden to the remaining four housemates.

Looking for his getaway, Travis went into the bedroom where he found Skye in tears.

'I don't want to be here. For the first time I wish it wasn't me, I wish it was someone else,' Skye cried.

'It's not about me it's about my issues with myself, everybody calling me stupid.'

Priya convinced Skye to climb out of bed an criticise Penny for taking her clothes off.

2376C3CE00000578-2847089-image-9_1416837006180.jpg

Who, me? Skye was shocked to hear her crush felt that way about her

2376C3D600000578-2847089-image-10_1416837046834.jpg

The shame! Finally it was Skye who was left to show her confessional, 'I love Ryan,' she told Big Brother. 'I just want to cuddle him, kiss his crooked teeth'

2376C8BB00000578-2847089-Mortified_Skye_was_embarrassed_by_what_Big_Brother_was_showing_t-25_1416837578446.jpg

Mortified: Skye was embarrassed by what Big Brother was showing the group

Skye was quick to regain her confidence after having a stab at the bubbly brunette.

But Penny was offended because she got down to her underwear and covered herself in chocolate to make people laugh after a stressful evening.

The next day, Priya is still talking about the videos, as is Skye.

'I can't believe Ryan is still here after seeing his clip,' Skye yelled in the sanctuary to Penny.

'I think Ryan went to kiss me on the lips,' she then wrongly accused.

Returning from the sanctuary later in the morning, Skye and Priya were quick to leave the group to gossip.

2376CDDC00000578-2847089-Have_a_b_Priya_was_quick_to_gossip_about_Penny_and_Ryan_to_Skye_-26_1416837578459.jpg

Have a b****: Priya was quick to gossip about Penny and Ryan to Skye, before the blonde ran to the bedroom for her weekly meltdown

2376CDF000000578-2847089-Dramas_The_fallout_from_the_secrets_video_started_almost_instant-27_1416837578472.jpg

Dramas: The fallout from the secrets video started almost instantly

2376CDFC00000578-2847089-Rough_night_Looking_for_his_getaway_Travis_went_into_the_bedroom-28_1416837578501.jpg

Rough night: Looking for his getaway, Travis went into the bedroom where he and Priya found Skye in tears

Priya tried to pry any information from Skye that she could before doing nasty imitations of Travis.

The Indian-born school teacher from Adelaide then continued her frustrations with Travis during a game of 'Travia'.

Things turned nasty during the harmless game when Priya doesn't play along.

Unhappy with the final question going Ryan's way, Priya ran straight to the pool area to complain to Skye.

For his win, Ryan won a beer and some desserts.

Instead of enjoying Ryan's offering, Priya marched up to the Diary Room to further complain to Big Brother.

The vicious cycle continues with just two days remaining.

2376C8DC00000578-2847089-Nasty_retaliation_Priya_convinced_Skye_to_climb_out_of_bed_an_cr-29_1416837578515.jpg

+
    Nasty retaliation: Priya convinced Skye to climb out of bed an criticise Penny for taking her clothes off

2376CDF800000578-2847089-Just_for_laughs_But_Penny_was_offended_because_she_got_down_to_h-30_1416837578528.jpg

Just for laughs: But Penny was offended because she got down to her underwear and covered herself in chocolate to make people laugh after a stressful evening

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-Skye-Priya-dish-dirt-t-it.html#ixzz3K0Nleobu

The voice (and the heart) of Big Brother

Screen-Shot-2012-10-17.jpg

But to so many Big Brother fans, he is the heart of the show.

When Nine announced it would revive the Reality series, fans were adamant. It had to have Mike Goldman. They had heard him narrate 8 series on TEN, watched him host endless hours of Up Late, get giddy at Friday Night Games and work the crowd at countless Live evictions. The show may well have no bigger fan than Goldman himself.

“Sometimes I find myself watching the ‘quad-split’ which is all of the channels being mixed live from the control room. I sit there after work when I should have gone home 3 hours ago, watching a conversation because you just get a side of their personalities that sometimes you don’t see unless you’re watching for a good hour.”

Occasionally his enthusiasm spills over into comments that give him a little network grief.

“I always get in trouble, but that’s because I love the show so much. I’m such a fan, so I let some things slip because I talk to other people who are passionate about the show,” he concedes.

“I’m the first to jump up and down when there is something I don’t like, but at the same time I look at myself and go ‘That’s why I am so passionate about it!’

“I love what this show brings to the television landscape.”

For Wednesday’s grand final he is tipping the final 3 to be Travis, Skye and Ryan or Penny.

“There have only been 4 girls to win the show before: Alisha, Terri, Reggie and Tim Dormer,” he jokes.

“Penny has been an Intruder turned Housemate only in the last few weeks and she’s won a lot of hearts because she is quirky and unusual. The things that come out of her mouth are bizarre, but she is so likeable. So she could scrape through (to the finale).

“Word on the street is –and I don’t know if I’m allowed to say this- it was neck and neck between Priya and David at the last minute. We had packages done up for Priya and David at the time.”

There’s that habit of saying too much again….

Goldman’s association stretches all the way back to 2001, to the days of Gretel Killeen, Sarah-Marie and Blair. He loves the show’s spontaneity and ability to take story detours mid-season.

“It broke all records and had everybody doing the bum dance. It was just crazy. It was so exciting to be a part of,” he recalls.

“It’s not like working on a boring TV show where you think ‘Ok this is what the network said we have to do’ or what the production company said we have to make. You never know what’s going to happen to the House from one day to the next.

“I feel sorry for people who work on shows like The Big Adventure –and a couple of them work on Big Brother. They pour their heart and soul into something and then along comes Big Bang Theory up against it, which they didn’t expect, and they get no viewers and it’s pretty much axed.

“It’s sad when that happens because people work so hard on something and I feel that there is enough of the pie to go around. Mind you I was a bit confused when I watched it!

“But our show is so organic, with people’s lives right there and then. In this age people like to know this is an event, something going on right now with people falling in and out of love, or breaking up with their girlfriend Live on TV.”

Yet while the 11th series has not matched recent ratings -even by Nine standards- Goldman deftly concedes some short-comings while still finding positivity.

“In my mind it wasn’t a fail because I am a fan and there are a lot of people who adore the show. But I know they were let down by not having as much access and losing touch with what was going on in the house. We used to have Up Late, Friday Night Live games, a Twitter feed, and they were saying they wanted more,” he says,

“If I was in charge I’d get one of those bloody annoying infomercial channels and run it 24 / 7 with Big Brother news updates on the hour, with Friday Night Games on the main channel in primetime and the Daily Show every half hour 7 days a week so that people know exactly what’s going on.

“But that’s just me because I’m a fan,” he tactfully adds.

“I’ve seen the target demographics and in 16-39 we’re winning. So to be winning that when we’re on at 8:40 at night against every single other show on TV, Channel TEN would wet their pants if they had that.

“And the JumpIn figures are bigger than any show they’ve ever had. They’re massive. The money it’s brought in online has been huge.”

Goldman insists he is no Programmer, but would prefer the show was constructed around fewer tasks and challenges and more about housemate characters.

“I just want to hear them talk and interact. I want to see intimate moments between housemates sharing a part of their soul, and I want to be reminded who these people are. They’re mechanics, nurses, radiographers, dancers, teachers –these are people plucked from all walks of life not because they can renovate or cook. They’re everyday people,” he continues.

“It teaches us a lot about ourselves. It teaches me a lot about myself when I realise ‘I can’t stand this person’ on a first impression and then after a couple of weeks they have really grown on me and I love them.”

This year the winner of Big Brother, whoever it is, will be left standing in the house alone (rather than announced on stage). Goldman isn’t sure if he will make an appearance in the final.

“I hope so but it’s Sonia’s show! I guess I will find out on Monday,” he says.

He’s then headed to Los Angeles for discussions about formats of his own he is developing, and hoping the show will land a 12th season in 2015.

“Even if it’s given a year off it will definitely come back. There’s no other show like it.”

Big Brother airs 8:30pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday on Nine.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/11/the-voice-and-the-heart-of-big-brother.html

Big Brother favourites phone it in for finale

Former Big Brother favourites, including Chrissie Swan, Reggie Bird and Ryan Fitzgerald, will feature in a video package in tonight’s grand final on Nine.
TV Tonight can clarify they have sent video messages via their smartphones, which will air before the winner is announced. But reports of a formal reunion are getting a tad too excited….

Naturally all 22 housemates will comprise the season reunion as the show zeroes in on Skye, Travis and Ryan for the $200,000 prize.

Tim Dormer and Ben Norris will also feature.

Nine has also sent through some data on its digital results for this year’s season, which reminds us that Overnight figures are not always the full picture. That said, it will be a struggle to avoid being its lowest finale, especially up against the ARIAs.

Andrew Backwell, Nine’s Director of Programming and Production, said: “The show continues to deliver a targeted audience in a way that only the grand dame of reality TV can. We are happy with Big Brother’s results this year, and clearly the show’s reach on second screens is outstanding. Indeed, the 9Jumpin numbers far exceed the highest rating shows on Pay TV.”

Janeen Faithfull, CEO, Endemol Australia added, “Big Brother is the digital leader in the TV viewing experience, engaging, connecting and uniting its audiences by allowing constant integration, reaction and influence to its characters and stories as it plays out on air.

“No other television series fully integrates and connects the platforms to deliver record-breaking stats in audience reach and engagement.”

- Over 63 million page views
– Over 7 million long form streams on 9Jumpin
– Over 11 million visits to the Big Brother site
– Almost 1 million “Your Power” votes since series launch
– 857,186 Facebook fans
– 198,756 Twitter followers
– 98,400 Instagram followers

NB: TV Tonight logging live results AEDT tonight -please adjust your use of the site if you are not watching Live.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/11...=twitter&utm_campaign=wordtwit&utm_medium=web

Graphic designer to winer and diner! Sunshine Coast stud Ryan Ginns to open bar after winning Big Brother and $200,000
By Penelope Kilby and Tristan Swanwick for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 21:33 AEST, 26 November 2014 | Updated: 23:38 AEST, 26 November 2014

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...bear-hug-gracious-runner-Travis.html#comments
    They entered the house as a team, making it through 80-days in the Big Brother compound, only to fight it out side-by-side to the very end.

But only one has emerged the winner.

Ryan Ginns has been crowned the 11th winner of Big Brother Australia, beating Victorian Travis Lunardi.

Scroll down for video

238666A800000578-2849929-And_the_winner_is_Ryan_Ginns_is_the_winner_of_Big_Brother_Austra-30_1417005138792.jpg

And the winner is... ! Ryan Ginns is the winner of Big Brother Australia 2014

2386672700000578-2849929-image-31_1417005212303.jpg

Three cheers! The housemates rallied around Ryan, lifting him to their shoulders in celebration

Ryan wins Big Brother for 2015!
    video-undefined-2386266500000578-343_636x358.jpg

The handsome 26-year-old from Sydney's Rosebay-via-the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, walks away with $200,000 in prize money having knocked out Travis and earlier in the evening, Skye Wheatley.

In a sit down with each of the already evicted housemates, the show's host Sonia Kruger asked each to vote for who they wanted to win.

Ryan was the clear favourite amongst his housemates, getting 13 votes while both Travis and Skye sat on just three votes each.

While Travis bounced onto the stage to sit down with Sonia, Ryan remained inside with his parents, quietly celebrating the momentous occasion.

The graphic designer who works for the creative team at The Grounds Of Alexandra has made mention of wanting to open a bar with his prize winnings.

2386698000000578-2849929-The_lucky_few_More_than_10_000_people_around_Australia_auditione-33_1417005323956.jpg

The lucky few: More than 10,000 people around Australia auditioned for this year’s show which was a social media phenomenon.

'I'm in total shock!' Big Brother's Ryan chats about his win
    video-undefined-23866C5500000578-442_636x358.jpg

23862CBC00000578-2849929-Party_time_Ryan_is_the_11th_winner_of_Big_Brother_Australia_beat-27_1417003732904.jpg

Party time! Ryan is the 11th winner of Big Brother Australia, beating Victorian Travis Lunardi

He became a favourite inside and outside the house for his cool and calm nature and his candid admissions, including discussing his battle with depression.

'It's honestly going to change my life,' he said of the cash windfall.

And on why Australia loved him: 'I have a really dry sense of humour but obviously people can relate to that.'

Coming in second place wasn't all bad for Travis, who was reunited with his in-house love, Aisha, and $10,000 in cash.

'Like a house no fire' Travis discusses relationship with Ryan
    video-undefined-23867D8A00000578-39_636x358.jpg

Big Brother host Sonia Kruger opened the show wearing a floor-length figure-hugging black gown with train that showed off her burgeoning baby bump.

She accessorised the outfit by Steven Khalil Couture with jewellery from Musson Jewels, Thomas Sabo and Swarovski.

2386269600000578-2849929-The_final_two_embraced_after_hearing_the_last_eviction_of_the_se-26_1417003720633.jpg

Bromance: The final two embraced after hearing the last eviction of the series

23860D3F00000578-2849929-Nail_biting_finish_The_handsome_25_year_old_from_Sydney_s_Roseba-8_1417001943956.jpg

Nail-biting finish: The handsome 26-year-old from Sydney's Rosebay-via-the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, was crowned the winner having knocked out Travis and earlier in the evening, Skye Wheatley

'I'm real!' BB evictee explains why the public love her
    video-undefined-2386302A00000578-327_636x358.jpg

The 49-year-old first-time-mum is seven months along in her pregnancy and will take maternity leave after the show wraps up, to get ready to give birth to her daughter in January.

The remaining housemates were shown a montage of the big news events they had missed while cut off from the outside world for the last 80 days.

The package, presented by Channel Nine’s Brisbane newsreader Melissa Downes, included international stories such as Oscar Pistorius’s conviction and jailing for the shooting death of model Reeva Steemkamp, the fatal Virgin Galactic test flight crash and the 25th Anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Events closer to home detailed included the G20 Leaders Summit in Brisbane, the death of Gough Whitlam and the AFL and NRL grand finals.

2384913E00000578-2849929-Glamazon_Big_Brother_host_Sonia_Kruger_opened_the_show_wearing_a-18_1417002888820.jpg

Glamazon: Big Brother host Sonia Kruger opened the show wearing a floor-length figure-hugging black gown with train that showed off her burgeoning baby bump. She accessorised the outfit by Steven Khalil Couture with jewellery from Musson Jewels, Thomas Sabo and Swarovski

Gold Coast Barista Skye was most interested in the death of US comic Joan Rivers, the weddings of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin, as well as the second pregnancy for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The controversy surrounding the romance between Big Brother housemates Lawson and Cat was also touched upon.

While speaking with Kruger on live television Lawson revealed he was moving to Melbourne where he would pursue acting and magic opportunities.

He said he was moving in with fellow contestant Sam Bramham.

23865E7900000578-2849929-image-34_1417005394285.jpg

Cashed up! Ryan was left to ponder his $200,000 win while Travis hit the Big Brother stage

'It’s exciting. And Cat does also live in Melbourne,' he said.

Speaking about his controversial relationship with Cat, that broke the heart of his long-term girlfriend Candice Leeder, Lawson said: 'We’re just taking it slow. We’re still not back into the real world. We’ll see when we get back to Melbourne. It’s no longer geographically impossible but it’s baby steps.'

Kruger also asked Jake Richardson if his budding romance with Lisa Clarke was blooming outside of the Big Brother house.

'I’m going to avoid that one Sonia', he said.

23865E8200000578-2849929-image-35_1417005433531.jpg

Deserving winner: The graphic designer who works for the creative team at The Grounds Of Alexandra has made mention of wanting to open a bar with his prize winnings

Former first and second place-getters Regie Bird and Chrissie Swan returned in a video montage to send their best wishes to the final two.

More than 10,000 people around Australia auditioned for this year’s show which was a social media phenomenon.

Big Brother attracted more than 857,000 Facebook fans, more than 199,000 Twitter followers and 99,000 Instagram followers.

The Big Brother website generated more than 63 million page views.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...hug-gracious-runner-Travis.html#ixzz3KBc6mvUY

Okay, not sure if I should post this at all, but it just struck me as pretty much the harshest criticism I've ever read.

Sorry, but I just have the hard copy and will type it up verbatim.

- From Adelaide's The Advertiser, 26/11/14, p.70. A blurb in their 'Free-to-air Highlights.' Author unknown:

WON'T it be depressing if this rates more than the ARIAs? It's the grand final and surely, surely Nine won't bother bringing this back next year. Arriving this year it was kind of like when a cat dumps a rancid dead rat in the house and looks guilty. When even your target audience, teenagers, were hate tweeting about how boring the show is, you know you're in trouble. And, as a snap shot of the future of Australia, this is scary.

For the record, this is not a troll post; I sincerely am a massive Big Brother fan.

Surely this is the end for Big Brother?
  • 43 MINUTES AGO NOVEMBER 27, 2014 12:13PM
745712-5f6263a8-75d1-11e4-9b27-b6411dc99140.jpg

Will this be the last we see of Big Brother Australia? Source: Supplied

AFTER 11 weeks on air, Big Brother didn’t go out with a bang, but more of a fizzle.

The winner announced part of the broadcast managed just 737,000 viewers - more than 1.2 million less than the 1.98 million who tuned in to watch Tim Dormer take out series 10.

Just 693,000 viewers watched from the beginning of the grand final, compared with 1.31 million last year, shedding almost half it’s viewers year on year.

745792-5e43adb0-75d1-11e4-9b27-b6411dc99140.jpg

Sonia Kruger is expecting her first child early next year. Source: Supplied

The grand final was never going to reach the healthy figures of 2013.

The show’s ratings throughout the 80 days the housemates were held captive were already down an average 200,000 on last year’s already reduced audience.

There has been much speculation that this could be Big Brother’s last hurrah on Australian television.

With host Sonia Kruger expecting her first child in the coming months, it’s doubtful she’ll be too keen to fly up and back to the Gold Coast next year with a newborn.

746730-5d046624-75d1-11e4-9b27-b6411dc99140.jpg

The Big Brother grand finale only pulled in half as many viewers as last year. Source: Supplied

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...-for-big-brother/story-fnk8579h-1227136746756

'There could be a new couple on the horizon!' Travis spills the beans on Ryan's relationship with busty brunette Katie as they're caught cuddling up at BB after party
By Bianca Soldani for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 08:27 AEST, 27 November 2014 | Updated: 15:03 AEST, 27 November 2014

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Schoolies-week-busty-Katie-side.html#comments
    They were released from the Big Brother set on Wednesday night's grand finale.

And the champagne was flowing as the 2014 housemates converged on the Gold Coast to celebrate the end of the season and toast to Ryan Ginns' $200,000 win.

The Sunshine Coast stud, 26, could hardly contain his delight as he was reunited with his friends and family after his 80-day stint in the house, but there was one lady who particularly caught his eye.

Scroll down for video

238777D500000578-0-image-1_1417034629589.jpg

Reunited: Ryan Ginns celebrated his Big Brother win on Wednesday night with his former housemates

Cheeky! He revealed on Thursday that he shared a sneaky kiss with Katie in the house that didn't go to air

Ryan wins Big Brother for 2015!

Cup cake fanatic Katie was in fine form and displayed a lot of front in a low-cut crop top that could barely contain her ample decolletage.

The curvy brunette, who works as a nanny by day, teamed the teeny-tiny top with a skin-tight pencil skirt in an electric pink shade that was sure to draw the attention of the handsome winner.

Speaking to Daily Mail Australia the following day, Ryan confessed he definitely had the most chemistry with Katie in the house and that he even shared a cheeky kiss with the 25-year-old that wasn't televised.

'I was in a car on the way back to the hotel with one of the executive producers and I was like, so did you know I got a little party pash in there with Katie,' he said on Thursday.

'He was like, well I didn't until just recently, so yeah that was a little one that snuck by Big Brother, a little bit of juicy goss for you!'

238777A300000578-0-image-2_1417034649885.jpg

Old mates: The 26-year-old, who is now $200,000 richer, caught up with Jake

2387776600000578-2850887-Golden_girl_Second_runner_up_Skye_shimmered_in_a_glittery_gold_d-21_1417036513847.jpg

Golden girl: Second runner-up Skye shimmered in a glittery gold dress

2387774600000578-2850887-image-25_1417036568662.jpg
    2387775300000578-2850887-image-24_1417036558554.jpg

Bold beauties: Penny showed off her long legs in a cute playsuit, while Aisha flaunted her curves in a figure-hugging gown

2387778300000578-2850887-Back_in_his_arms_She_was_reunited_with_her_love_Travis_who_pocke-26_1417036578482.jpg

Back in his arms: She was reunited with her love Travis who pocked a cool $10,000 for coming second

'Like a house on fire' Travis discusses relationship with Ryan
    video-undefined-23867D8A00000578-39_636x358.jpg

Clearly taken aback by the busty brunette on the night, he said: 'She looked unreal, she looked really good, really beautiful. It was great to see Katie.

'It was good [to see her last night] we caught up on everything, it was amazing she kinda was telling me how she was rallying support [for me].'

Runner up Travis had a bit more to say on the matter when he spoke to Daily Mail Australia on Thursday and hinted that there could be more than meets the eye.

'I think he's pretty keen to be honest, on the down low - don't tell anyone!' he said, 'She's definitely a strong character and I think she was chasing Ryser a little bit too.'

Giving very little away he said: 'I'll leave that up to the imagination but yeah them two definitely had a good night, let's just say there could be a little couple on the horizon...

'You probably have to be careful saying that me an Aisha look cute around Ryan because I think him and Katie wanted to take out the cutest couple!'

238776D600000578-2850887-Reunited_Cheating_couple_Cat_and_Lawson_were_also_in_attendance_-27_1417036593180.jpg

Reunited: Cheating couple Cat and Lawson were also in attendance on the night

Closer together: Lawson will soon be making a move to Melbourne, Cat's home town

2387779200000578-2850887-Fun_night_Ryan_looked_delighted_to_be_surrounded_by_his_former_h-31_1417036756868.jpg

Fun night: Ryan looked delighted to be surrounded by his former housemates

238777B800000578-2850887-Cheers_to_me_He_also_celebrated_with_his_family-1_1417040370005.jpg

Cheers to me: He also celebrated with his family

The 24-year-old was reunited with his ladylove Aisha and the pair were hardly able to keep their hands off each other after 22 days apart.

Dressed in a stunning, floor-sweeping white gown that was slit up to her knees, it wasn't hard to see why the outspoken housemate only had eyes for her.

The Melbourne Aussie Rules player, who pocketed a cool $10,000 cash, made a beeline for the beautiful brunette after host Sonia Kruger called his name earlier in the night.

Holding his New Zealand-born love in his arms, Travis kissed and hugged her as if no one was in the room - or watching on national television.

Red hot: Priya was elegant in a bright gown with a floor-sweeping hem

2387764600000578-2850887-Drink_up_The_champagne_was_flowing_and_Sandra_was_certainly_maki-23_1417056020758.jpg

Drink up! The champagne was flowing and Sandra was certainly making the most of it

238777F100000578-2850887-Stunner_Lisa_looked_lovely_in_a_cut_out_dress_as_she_drank_to_Ry-3_1417040370039.jpg

Stunner: Lisa looked lovely in a cut out dress as she drank to Ryan's success alongside Katie

238776EA00000578-2850887-Pop_of_colour_Lina_and_Marina_both_opted_for_bright_hues_to_cele-29_1417056190065.jpg
    238775D900000578-2850887-Pop_of_colour_Lina_and_Marina_both_opted_for_bright_hues_to_cele-28_1417056178567.jpg

Pop of colour: Lina and Marina both opted for bright hues to celebrate the season's end

The couple haven't seen each other since November 5 after Aisha was evicted on week nine - and it appeared they couldn't wait to be reunited.

The loved-up reality duo made an agreement on the TV that if one of them was the be evicted, that the other would wait.

Second-runner up Skye Wheatley may not have come away with any monetary prize, but she certainly sparkled on the night in a glittery gold mini dress that shimmered in the light.

The daring design featured a plunging V-shaped neckline and thigh-high split that showed off the 20-year-old's curves.

238775EC00000578-2850887-image-18_1417055970753.jpg

Down time: House favourite Priya shared a drink with Jason and Dion

238777E300000578-2850887-image-33_1417056310028.jpg
    238775D000000578-2850887-image-32_1417056296344.jpg

Vision in white: Holly slipped into a cut out dress while statuesque Gemma opted for a lacy number

2387771700000578-2850887-image-20_1417055983097.jpg

Catching up: Penny received no shortage of male attention from Dion and Jake

She wore a similar outfit to finalist Penny, who stunned in a gold playsuit that showed off her long legs.

Cheating couple Cat Law and Lawson Reeves were also in attendance but weren't looking as loved up as Ryan expected.

He told Daily Mail Australia: 'Surprisingly enough they weren't too hands on, it was a little bit odd to me... I kind of thought they would be a couple.

'They seemed really happy but they weren't all over each other or anything like that.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...lies-week-busty-Katie-side.html#ixzz3KFIAlHjb

I removed a few images of some HM's which had kinda double up because of the limit here but click the link

'It’d be best for me to be single for a while': Big Brother's Skye says there'll be no romance with Leo outside of the house and plans to live the single life for a while
By Karishma Sarkari for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 12:16 AEST, 27 November 2014 | Updated: 12:42 AEST, 27 November 2014

• While Big Brother 2014 runner-up, Travis Lunardi, lost the $200,000 prize money to Ryan Ginns in Wednesday night's finale, he still considers himself a winner after finding love on the show.

The same cannot be said though for second runner-up Skye Wheatley, 20, who had a fling inside the house with Leo,30, but insists the romance will not continue now that she's outside.

'I do think it’d be best for me to be single for a while,' Skye told news.com.au in an interview.

Scroll down for video

2387776600000578-2851193-Single_and_ready_to_mingle_Big_Brother_s_third_place_winner_Skye-3_1417054089177.jpg

+8
    Single and ready to mingle? Big Brother's third place winner Skye Wheatley says she plans to spend some time as a single gal now that she's outside the house and will not resume her romance with housemate Leo

The blonde beauty said her time with the sexy intruder has been marred by gossip she's heard about herself, which she believes came from him.

'He’s so dirty on me,' she said.

'I think true colours start to show and maybe the first impression you have of someone doesn’t turn out to be what you thought it was,' Skye told the publication.

The genetically blessed duo were seen during the series to have an on-an-off relationship inside the house and sharing steamy kisses under the duvet.

23860D3600000578-0-image-94_1417050444688.jpg

+8
    2387780500000578-0-image-96_1417050462690.jpg

+8
    Not on: Skye and Leo were an on-again-off-again couple inside the house but the blonde beauty says they will not be picking up where they left off (Leo pictured at the Big Brother Finale Afterparty on Wednesday night)

Skye goes behind Leo's back, showing feelings towards Ryan
    video-undefined-22E03E5100000578-533_636x358.jpg

238674B100000578-0-image-83_1417050269750.jpg

+8
    Third place: The popular housemate was a little disappointed to come in third place but loved the warm welcome she received from the audience

238685E300000578-0-image-84_1417050291496.jpg

+8
    Finalists: Ryan Ginns (right) won the competition over Travis Lunardi (left) and Skye

233F57A900000578-0-image-88_1417050328601.jpg

+8
    Intimate moments: The couple shared steamy kisses under the duvet with many fans thinking they took their relationship much further

Leo, whose real name is Ryan Burke, wasn't the only one Skye had dalliances with inside the house.

She also had a number of intimate moments with winner Ryan and Jake as well as a crush on Big Brother himself.

The Gold Coast barista says she is feeling more confident and mature after being pushed out of her comfort zone by the three month stint inside the house.

While the popular housemate intends to be on her own for a while, her popularity outside the house might mean her pledge won't last too long.

233F65B700000578-0-image-98_1417050700201.jpg

+8
    233F57FB00000578-0-image-97_1417050684245.jpg

+8
    Hot housemates: The genetically blessed duo had a fling inside the house after Leo entered as an intruder

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-romance-Leo-outside-house.html#ixzz3KFO9DaRs
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ryan's Big Brother Australia victory draws 737,000 viewers... just over HALF the 1.4 million who tuned in to see Tim Dormer win last year
By Daniel Van Boom for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 14:39 AEST, 27 November 2014 | Updated: 16:35 AEST, 27 November 2014

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...llion-tuned-Tim-Dormer-win-year.html#comments
    Big Brother may be 'watching you', but how many people are watching Big Brother?

Wednesday night may have been a landmark occasion for 2014's winner Ryan Ginns, but it didn't appear to be much of a ratings winner for Channel Nine.

Luring in an audience of 737,000, the finale managed to beat out stiff competition from the ARIA Awards - but was viewed by just over half the 1.4million that tuned in to see last year's finale.

Scroll down for video

2386698000000578-0-image-2_1417050048107.jpg

Did it rate? Big Brother Australia's finale on Wednesday night drew in only 737,000 viewers

2370E2C000000578-2851261-image-6_1417058775637.jpg

Hit and miss: Last year's finale, which saw Tim Dormer being crowned season winner, was viewed by around 1.4million people

Ryan takes out Big Brother for 2014 as Travis comes runner up!

Despite plenty of drama, including the infamous 'Clawson' relationship, Travis and Aisha's love story and hopeless romantic Skye's numerous crushes, this year's viewer average was around 650,000 - the lowest in the franchise's history and a 140,000 drop from last year's 890,000 average.

Big Brother Australia hit it's peak with season three in 2003, when episodes averaged an audience of 1.7 million.

It wasn't all bad news for Channel Nine though, with the Winner's Announcement, Grand Finale and Celebration segments all being the top rated programs in their key demographics, specifically the age 16-39 and 18-49 demographics.

A representative for Nine told Daily Mail Australia 'throughout it's 12-week run, there are only a handful of nights when it did not win its time slot with the younger demographics, which are so eagerly sought after by advertisers.'

Still, with numbers lower than ever, many have speculated that this season may be Big Brother Australia's last.

238777D500000578-0-image-5_1417050094268.jpg

Silver lining: The show still beat all competitors in it's key demographics. Contestants Katie, Dion, Lisa and Sam are seen here crowding around winner Ryan during the after party celebrations

DMA were told : 'In terms of the future of the show we will be making a decision about that in due course.

'We still have a contract with Endemol [Big Brother's production company] for the show and we are happy with the way the show has consistently lead the way in the important and advertiser friendly younger demographics.'

Wednesday night's Grand Finale saw Ryan defeat fellow original housemates Skye and Travis to walk away from the show $200,000 richer.

238685E300000578-0-image-4_1417050088112.jpg

Final three: Wednesday night's Grand Finale saw Ryan defeat fellow original housemates Skye and Travis to walk away from the show $200,000 richer

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-tuned-Tim-Dormer-win-year.html#ixzz3KFUhvjNb

'We did promise!' Big Brother's flirtatious BFFs Sandra Nixon and Sam Bramham finally share passionate KISS after pulling an all-nighter with winner Ryan Ginns
By Penelope Kilby for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 21:58 AEST, 27 November 2014 | Updated: 01:30 AEST, 28 November 2014

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...lling-nighter-winner-Ryan-Ginns.html#comments
    As the sun rose on Thursday morning, most of the Gold Coast's population were still tucked up in bed.

But not Ryan Ginns and the 'cool kids' of Big Brother 2014.

Enjoying the sunrise from his hotel balcony, the reality show's studly winner delivered a video and a promise to loyal BB viewers.

Scroll down for video

238C0D2B00000578-2851562-All_Night_Long_Enjoying_the_sunrise_from_his_hotel_balcony_Big_B-23_1417089284735.jpg

All Night Long: Enjoying the sunrise from his hotel balcony, Big Brother winner Ryan Ginns delivered a video and a promise to loyal BB viewers

The flirtatious friendship between Ryan's pals Sam Bramham and Sandra Nixon was a contentious one in the house because Sam had a girlfriend on the outside.

Now single and ready to mingle, the 26-year-old made good on his promise to kiss the sales assistant from country NSW if Ryan won Big Brother.

'So if I was going to win, Sam and Sandy were going to kiss,' Ryan explained in a video posted to Instagram.

'We did promise,' Sam said to the camera before Sandra wrapped her hands around the Paralympian's neck and pulled him in for a lingering, passionate kiss.

238C0D3800000578-2851562-Once_forbidden_We_did_promise_Sam_said_to_the_camera_before_Sand-1_1417089982663.jpg

Long-awaited: Now single and ready to mingle, the Sam Bramham made good on his promise to kiss Sandra Nixon if Ryan won Big Brother

238C0D3000000578-2851562-Once_forbidden_We_did_promise_Sam_said_to_the_camera_before_Sand-2_1417089982726.jpg

+6
    Once forbidden: 'We did promise,' Sam said to the camera before Sandra wrapped her hands around the Paralympian's neck and pulled him in for a lingering, passionate kiss

Big Brother's Sandy and Sam finally kiss in Instagram video
    video-undefined-238CB2E800000578-106_636x358.jpg

The person behind the camera commentated with an 'Oh my God', before Sam broke free and acknowledged that the deed was completed, 'done!'

Sandra posted the clip to her Instagram page, captioned: 'I'm not one to go back on a promise so here it is. This one's for you Ginnsy.'

At Wednesday nights grand finale, a viewer asked Sam whether he and Sandra would begin a relationship with the curly-haired blonde, who was very open about her feelings for the younger housemate.

238C1F2600000578-2851562-image-34_1417089456736.jpg

+6
    Single and ready to mingle: At Wednesday nights Grand Finale, a viewer asked Sam whether he and Sandra would begin a relationship with the curly-haired blonde, who was very open about her feelings for the younger housemate

238C1F2200000578-2851562-Man_eater_Sandra_has_also_hooked_up_with_Sam_s_friend_Andre-26_1417089334315.jpg

Man-eater: Sandra has also hooked up with Sam's friend Andre

Sitting beside him shaking her head, Sandra said no before Sam told the host Sonia Kruger that his BFF had 'hooked up' with his friend Andre.

But it seems all may be forgotten, now that the flirtatious friends have locked lips themselves.

Perhaps another Big Brother couple is on the horizon?

238AC63F00000578-2851562-image-22_1417088963511.jpg

Well deserved: Ryan took home $200,000 after winning Big Brother Australia 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-nighter-winner-Ryan-Ginns.html#ixzz3KI0Cffx6
[DOUBLEPOST=1417108191][/DOUBLEPOST]sandyjanenixon
10 hours ago
I'm not one to go back on a promise so here it is. This one's for you ginnsy @sbramham@ryanginns

vid of kiss
http://instagram.com/p/v5NkY3SrL6/?modal=true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back