Skip to main content

2014 Media Articles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
'You'd have to ask them!' Chrissie Swan is in the dark after mysteriously being dumped from Melbourne station MixFM as they prepare to be re-branded under KIISFM

In the past few weeks, Sydney FM radio stations have undergone some major changes for the 2015 lineup.

And now, Melbourne networks are experiencing the same dramatic shake ups after a surprising announcement from Australian Radio Network on Sunday.

Radio veteran Chrissie Swan has been replaced by comedian Matt Tilley on Melbourne breakfast radio station MixFM, while her former co-host Jane Hall stays on.

1416122962640_Image_galleryImage_Chrissie_Swan_from_The_Ci.JPG

The 41-year-old has co-hosted the breakfast slot since 2012 with Hall and ARN thanked her for her services in a prepared statement.

'Chrissie has been a valued member of the team at Mix101.1 and ARN, where her bright personality and infectious humour has endeared her to audiences. ARN wishes her every success in the future,' it read.

Taking to her Facebook page, Swan addressed the speculation, hinting that due to the re-branding of the Mix network, her services were no longer required.
1416122943016_Image_galleryImage_chrissieswan_jpg.JPG

1416125679997_wps_5_SnipImage_JPG.jpg

At least now I know why her producer didn't get back to me after Chrissie said I could come in on the show.... HOW SAD!

'I am sad too and will miss each and every one of you...Business is business and I suppose a new station (kiis) needs a new show' she wrote.

Swan seemed to be in the dark about her departure after addressing her followers on Twitter earlier in the day who questioned the announcement.

After one follower asked why she was leaving, the former Big Brother contestants tweet back was ominous.

'@breephelpsy you'd have to ask them my darling. I've loved my time and had a ball! X'

1416125699638_wps_6_Chrissie_Swan_tweet_png.jpg

There currently seems to be no plans to keep Swan on radio as she remains unsure of what her role will be in the new year.

After a follower on social media asked if she would be making a return , she replied '@BlakeyBoy88 not sure Blake! We'll see xxx'.

The news comes a week after that the same Melbourne station announced it would be replacing Tim 'Rosso' Ross on the drive slot for the pairing of comedians Dave Hughes and Kate Langbroek.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rne-station-MixFM-prepare-branded-KIISFM.html

At least now I know why her producer didn't get back to me after Chrissie said I could come in on the show.... HOW SAD!

'You'd have to ask them!' Chrissie Swan is in the dark after mysteriously being dumped from Melbourne station MixFM as they prepare to be re-branded under KIISFM

In the past few weeks, Sydney FM radio stations have undergone some major changes for the 2015 lineup.

And now, Melbourne networks are experiencing the same dramatic shake ups after a surprising announcement from Australian Radio Network on Sunday.

Radio veteran Chrissie Swan has been replaced by comedian Matt Tilley on Melbourne breakfast radio station MixFM, while her former co-host Jane Hall stays on.

1416122962640_Image_galleryImage_Chrissie_Swan_from_The_Ci.JPG

The 41-year-old has co-hosted the breakfast slot since 2012 with Hall and ARN thanked her for her services in a prepared statement.

'Chrissie has been a valued member of the team at Mix101.1 and ARN, where her bright personality and infectious humour has endeared her to audiences. ARN wishes her every success in the future,' it read.

Taking to her Facebook page, Swan addressed the speculation, hinting that due to the re-branding of the Mix network, her services were no longer required.
1416122943016_Image_galleryImage_chrissieswan_jpg.JPG

1416125679997_wps_5_SnipImage_JPG.jpg

'I am sad too and will miss each and every one of you...Business is business and I suppose a new station (kiis) needs a new show' she wrote.

Swan seemed to be in the dark about her departure after addressing her followers on Twitter earlier in the day who questioned the announcement.

After one follower asked why she was leaving, the former Big Brother contestants tweet back was ominous.

'@breephelpsy you'd have to ask them my darling. I've loved my time and had a ball! X'

1416125699638_wps_6_Chrissie_Swan_tweet_png.jpg

There currently seems to be no plans to keep Swan on radio as she remains unsure of what her role will be in the new year.

After a follower on social media asked if she would be making a return , she replied '@BlakeyBoy88 not sure Blake! We'll see xxx'.

The news comes a week after that the same Melbourne station announced it would be replacing Tim 'Rosso' Ross on the drive slot for the pairing of comedians Dave Hughes and Kate Langbroek.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rne-station-MixFM-prepare-branded-KIISFM.html
I am so upset/frustrated about this. :( Chrissie is BRILLIANT on that show - I honestly fail to see their logic in axing her.

'She'll always have a soft spot in my heart': Newly evicted Leo heaps praise on Skye...after the two have several blowouts on Big Brother Australia
By Daniel Van Boom for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 23:40 AEST, 17 November 2014 | Updated: 01:27 AEST, 18 November 2014

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-blowouts-Big-Brother-Australia.html#comments
    Leo opened Monday's episode of Big Brother Australia saying that it didn't matter how he acted in the house because his housemates couldn't nominate him for eviction.

But the Canadian intruder's attitude didn't get him too far, as he was booted out of the house by viewers at the end of the show.

It also led him to several heated arguments with Skye, but in his post-eviction talk with host Sonia Kruger, 30-year-old Leo had nothing but praise for the bubbly blonde barista.

Scroll down for video

1416230753553_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_2014_Leo_Evic.JPG

It's all over! It was Leo who found himself having the eviction interview with Sonia Kruger after being eliminated from Big Brother Australia on Monday

1416230820977_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_11_17_23h55m.JPG

About turn: He had nothing but nice words to say about Skye, despite the fact that the pair had numerous arguments earlier in the show

It's time to go! Canadian surfer Leo evicted from Big Brother...
    video-undefined-233C4B2300000578-850_636x358.jpg

'I think she's an incredibly special girl, she's funny, she's interesting...at such a young age, it's such an incredible thing to witness,' Leo said.

'She will always have a soft spot in my heart, I'll always care about her.'

It was a much different man from the one viewers saw earlier in the episode, who proclaimed that he doesn't need to 'check his behaviour' now because housemates can't nominate each other for eviction due to the competition nearing it's final week.

Skye pulled him up after he made a few snide comments, but he reacted by saying she was making things about her.

'This isn't the Leo I know. One of us might go home and I don't want it to feel awkward...or like something's bothering you,' the Gold Cost resident asserted.

'It has nothing to do with you...not everything is about you,' he hit back. 'I'm not gonna tip toe around, I'm gonna say what I want and I'm gonna do what I want.'

'Okay great, so we're done, you don't care' Skye replied.

1416230910721_Image_galleryImage_Big_Brother_2014_Leo_Evic.JPG

Kind words: Speaking to Sonia and the live audience, he said that Skye had a 'soft spot' in his heart forever

1416230989370_wps_78_bbaus_1703_jpg.jpg

Mutual feeling: Despite their arguments, the Gold Coast barista was seen visibly upset after her Big Brother fling was evicted

The housemates weighed in on their relationship during the Hot Seat game, with Ryan saying 'I reckon they just use each other for affection in the house.'

'You need a way older chick,' Travis added.

After his eviction, Leo defended himself by saying 'those walls can do funny things to you...things happen and people say things.'

He also spoke about Skye honestly, explaining that the two 'had a chat and said we would wait out the game as friends and see what happened when we got on the outside.'

'No matter what happens with me and Skye, if I never see her again...that'll never change how valuable she was to my experience.'

1416231040206_wps_80_bbaus_1701_jpg.jpg

Right from the heart: Leo said that, even if they never speak again, Skye will always be 'valuable' to him

The model made one last reveal before making his exit - Leo isn't actually his real name, Ryan is.

His 'Leo' pseudonym was taken up due to there being another Ryan in the house already.

'When I was a little baby, the nurse that took me as a baby and put me into my mums arms for the first time,' he began explaining the name.

When she did that she leaned over and whispered into my mum’s ear “he has the spirit of the lion in him” so my mum used to call me Leo.'

1416231413537_wps_81_bbaus_1702_jpg.jpg

Last reveal: The model made one last reveal before making his exit - Leo isn't actually his real name, Ryan is. The Leo pseudonym was taken up due to there already being a Ryan in the house

1416231027007_wps_79_Big_Brother_2014_Leo_Evic.jpg

Last ones left: Leo's eviction leaves Priya, Skye, Ryan, David, Penny, Lina and Travis in the show's final week

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...outs-Big-Brother-Australia.html#ixzz3JM3qL0eT

Article by 2013 contestant Heidi:

Heidi Anderson: Reality bites after six weeks in Big Brother house
by: Heidi Anderson
November 19, 2014 12:00AM

BIG Brother wraps up for another year next Wednesday and I will be sad to see it go.

Watching the show this year was extremely therapeutic for me and great closure after my six-week stint in the house in 2013.

What the housemates don’t speak about enough, is the difficulty they face returning to “the real world” after their BB stint.

Coming out of the house for me was tough — I was so bloody excited to leave when I was evicted on September 9 last year, but that didn’t last long.

What you’re not prepared for when you hit reality is the array of comments on social media and the amount of opinions that are out there about YOU. I found this really hard to deal with and I can tell you that former housemates felt the same way as I did.

I was locked away from the entire world — 7 weeks in total including my one week stint in lockdown prior to the show.

As soon as you are evicted, you are thrown into a media circus of questions.

You go into these interviews completely blind as to what the Australian public have seen of you and what they think, and this can be really difficult.

I remember my first night of freedom as if it was yesterday, once I had done my exit interview with Sonia Kruger, I went back to the hotel where I caught up on messages and read through some of the comments online.

I instantly regretted it, so I stopped.

I read a couple of horrible comments and a couple of good ones. But who focuses on the good?

The next day I got up for my interviews with the Australian media, I had no idea what the public really thought of me after stopping myself the night before.

I went into these interviews with no clue as to how I was portrayed and I reckon that is one of the toughest parts.

I then refused to really interact with fans or post anything through social media for a couple of days. My friends and family, who know me well, know I’m a big softie and hurtful insults and comments would’ve broken me, so I chose to ignore it.

If you leave me a bad comment now, most of the time you’ll find I will block you straight away.

On occasions, if the trolls get me at the wrong time of the month, I’ll react with a reply ... but this rarely happens as I try to keep the negative out of my life.

I know a few housemates have suffered social anxiety after their stint too. Myself included. You walk into the house a no-one and you exit the place with fame (at least 15 minutes of it anyway ...).

This is extremely overwhelming at times and can be very daunting, something that you’re really not prepared for.

It’s weird, you prepare yourself for your time in the house and so do the producers. But the big issue for me was that I’d never really prepared myself for the exit and fitting back into “the real world”.

I’m not telling you this so you feel sorry for me or past housemates — I mean, we signed up for it after all.

I guess I’m telling you so that the keyboard critics can back off a bit with reality TV contestants and cut these guys some slack. No-one is perfect, at all.

And for those thinking of doing a reality TV show in future, I say go for it.

My only advice would be to have a strategy with a psychologist and keep off social media.

* You can hear Heidi Anderson this morning on 92.9 FM’s Breakfast with Heidi, Will & Woody. Follow Heidi on Twitter: @RealHeidi

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/opi...ig-brother-house/story-fnhocuug-1227127597955

SKYE’S NAKED AMBITION

Dave_L2-(2).jpg

They call him Strategy Dave. However, Big Brother’s newest evictee says it’s Skye who is the true game player!

According to David Hodis, the 20-year-old from the Gold Coast will strip naked during housemate confrontations to avoid the limelight transferring away from her.

“Skye took it to the next level,” David confesses to TV WEEK.

“If there was a conversation going on in which I thought she may feel threatened by or couldn’t be a part of because it might have been a little bit intellectual she would strip down to her birthday suit and she would come and stand in the conversation buck naked.

“She was aware that then the conversation wouldn’t go to air because she’s naked in the scene and therefore it couldn’t be shown.”

David calls Skye “a very strategic game player”, even when she’s under the influence of alcohol!

skye_em.jpg

“Once the first person is pissed, Big Brother will stop providing refreshments,” he explains.

“By the time the boys have had one beer, Skye would have had two glasses of red wine and the next thing her knickers were halfway round her ankles and she was just rolling around.

“So then all the refreshments would stop and she’d have the limelight!”

Despite Skye’s extreme strategies, David isn’t denying he had his own.

The 31-year-old radiographer admits he always planned to shave his beard on the show.

David_L.jpg

“I knew going into this game that I would not leave the Big Brother house with the beard,” he reveals.

“I never thought it would be as early as it was but drastic times called for drastic measures to save myself and Sandra.”

Given how open he is, surely David will spill on what Leo whispered in his ear as he was being evicted on Monday night?

Not so!

David says that will remain a secret but, “give Leo a few drinks and he’ll spill the beans for sure!”

“If there was a conversation going on in which I thought she may feel threatened by or couldn’t be a part of because it might have been a little bit intellectual she would strip down to her birthday suit and she would come and stand in the conversation buck naked.

“She was aware that then the conversation wouldn’t go to air because she’s naked in the scene and therefore it couldn’t be shown.”

Interesting, if it's true. It would be a flawed strategy though, they could easily zoom in on her face, or blur out her body, or air just the audio with footage of a closed door. Or they could have Mike Goldman explain what she's done in his voiceover. It's a risky strategy, especially when it's one that would put the production team offside.

There's an article in the Confidential section of today's Herald Sun newspaper:

HOUSEMATES MAY SIGN OFF

Big Brother is in its final week, and the big question is: Will it be back next year on Channel 9?

There is no doubt the ratings haven't been as strong as last year, but that doesn't mean it's the end of the franchise.

On Tuesday night, the show averaged 525,00 nationally, which aren't massive figures.

Host Sonia Krueger has done a great job as always, but there are a few things that have held it back this year.

The main thing is the fact that the show has screened much later than last year. The audience was strong when it screened at 7pm or in that hour, where A Current Affair is now, after the 6pm news went to one hour.

As well as the show screening later, it feels like the timeslot is all over the place. Does it start at 8:30pm, does it start at 8:40pm or even later?

Nine is yet to answer if next Wednesday's live final will be the last-ever episode on the network.

One thing in the show's favour is that for all the hours of weekly TV it produces, it's actually quite cheap to make. The Gold Coast home in the grounds of Dreamworld isn't going anywhere. It's used as a tourist attraction and for corporate retreats when the Big Brother show isn't filming.

As for the show itself, Melbourne could very well have the winner in 24-year-old Travud Lunardi. He is one of the hot favourites. Lunardi has had heaps of airtime thanks to his high energy - and, of-course, in traditional Big Brother style, his relationship in the house with fellow housemate Aisha McKinnon.​

There's an article in the Confidential section of today's Herald Sun newspaper:

HOUSEMATES MAY SIGN OFF

Big Brother is in its final week, and the big question is: Will it be back next year on Channel 9?

There is no doubt the ratings haven't been as strong as last year, but that doesn't mean it's the end of the franchise.

On Tuesday night, the show averaged 525,00 nationally, which aren't massive figures.

Host Sonia Krueger has done a great job as always, but there are a few things that have held it back this year.

The main thing is the fact that the show has screened much later than last year. The audience was strong when it screened at 7pm or in that hour, where A Current Affair is now, after the 6pm news went to one hour.

As well as the show screening later, it feels like the timeslot is all over the place. Does it start at 8:30pm, does it start at 8:40pm or even later?

Nine is yet to answer if next Wednesday's live final will be the last-ever episode on the network.

One thing in the show's favour is that for all the hours of weekly TV it produces, it's actually quite cheap to make. The Gold Coast home in the grounds of Dreamworld isn't going anywhere. It's used as a tourist attraction and for corporate retreats when the Big Brother show isn't filming.

As for the show itself, Melbourne could very well have the winner in 24-year-old Travud Lunardi. He is one of the hot favourites. Lunardi has had heaps of airtime thanks to his high energy - and, of-course, in traditional Big Brother style, his relationship in the house with fellow housemate Aisha McKinnon.​
Lol! Travud.

It's cheap to make and delivers demos.
I think it's a chance to return. Even if again to the late timeslot.

Hope this works guys.
Not sure how to embed pics though...

http://m.womansday.com.au/entertain...cial-big-brothers-lisa-and-jake-are-dating!/#
MORE SITES

Woman's Day > Entertainment > TV, Films and Books >

It’s official: Big Brother’s Lisa and Jake are dating!16/10/2014 12:14:48 PM

Their on-screen chemistry has turned into a hot romance off-screen.

Yes, it’s true! Evicted housemates Lisa and Jake are an official item. The loved-up pair were spotted getting hot and heavy at The Vibe hotel in Rushcutters Bay, Sydney – and yes they booked a room!

The couple were seen early that night enjoying a drink at party hot spot Kings Cross with Big Brother’s latest evictee Sam.

The couple now appear only too happy to flaunt their relationship, with our spies telling us they will be in a private box at Allphones Arena tomorrow night to watch Miley Cyrus strut her stuff at her Sydney concert.

Strip club manager Lisa, 29, who has previously dated Sydney nightclub entrepreneur John Ibrahim, is smitten with Jake and ready to give up her party girl ways to settle down with the 25-year-old property economics student.

Before entering the house she said finding love was certainly on the cards!

Lisa and Jake were spotted getting cosy in Sydney after they were both evicted from the Big Brother house.

“I’m definitely looking for a partner,” she says. “My friends are all married and they’re all having children and I’m kind of the left out single one.

“I’m open to the idea (of finding love in the Big Brother House) but I probably wouldn’t act on it until I was evicted.”

The pair were at the centre of a love triangle in the house, after fellow housemate – and Lisa’s partner - Skye shared a steamy kiss with Jake in the spa before Jake revealed his true feelings for Lisa. But Lisa refused his advances to avoid a bust-up with Skye.

They may not have walked away from the house with the $250,000 prize money, but they’re definitely winners in love. Could there be a Big Brother wedding on the horizon? Watch this space.

MORE SITES

About usCareersAdvertise with usContact usTerms of usePrivacy

© 1997 - 2014 ninemsn Pty Ltd - All rights reserved

Let's vote for the spunkiest and best housemate to win': Tahnee Atkinson shows off her support for Big Brother star Ryan
By JENNA GOOD and PENELOPE KILBY FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 18:57 AEST, 21 November 2014 | UPDATED: 19:57 AEST, 21 November 2014

Big Brother Australia's Skye has quite a crush on him.

And on Friday Tahnee Atkinson has revealed she's gunning for Ryan to win the show and has asked the public to help out her friend.

Along with a shot of herself with her arms around Ryan, who this week donned a mullet and gave Skye his best redneck impression, Tahnee didn't hold back as she called him a 'Spunk'.

Scroll down for video

235B49BD00000578-0-image-1_1416556577266.jpg

Vote to win! Tahnee Atkinson has revealed she's gunning for Ryan to win the show and has asked the public to help out her friend

She captioned the shot: 'Let's vote for the spunkiest and best housemate to win!!!'

Tahnee first shot to fame after winning Australia’s Next Top Model in 2009.

Revered for her voluptuous figure, she has used her curves to her advantage in carving out a high profile modelling career.

And on Thursday the beauty showed exactly why she makes a splash in the modelling world as she shared a selfie shot of herself pouting into the camera to her 48,000 Instagram followers.

2350682400000578-0-image-1_1416468084382.jpg

Model behaviour: On Thursday the beauty showed exactly why she makes a splash in the modelling world as she shared a selfie shot of herself pouting into the camera to her 48,000 Instagram followers

The 22-year-old used the shot to show off her new silver dangly earrings by Angel Diamond Dot.

Along with the shot she wrote the caption:

‘In love with these Ilunga earrings by my favourite girl@anglediamonddot.'

2348802400000578-2840351-What_a_view_Summer_came_early_for_the_Australia_s_Next_Top_Model-1_1416385165257.jpg

What a view! Summer came early for the Australia's Next Top Model winner, Tahnee Atkinson on Wednesday when she stripped down to her string bikini for some fun in the sun at Bondi Beach

The accessories worked perfectly alongside her grey cardigan and brought out her bright blue eyes.

And on Wednesday it came early for fans of the beauty stripped down to her string bikini for some fun in the sun.

Sitting against the stunning backdrop of Bondi's Flat Rock, the 22-year-old beauty glowed under Sydney's clear blue skies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...port-Big-Brother-star-Ryan.html#ixzz3Jo1Kbrcw

Reactions: Bae
Sonia Kruger and Todd McKenney talk about the future of Big Brother and Dancing with the Stars
Article%20Lead%20-%20wide6330309011oti5image.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.11osz6.png1416703194389.jpg-620x349.jpg

And it's goodbye: Jason Roses is evicted from Big Brother.

Sonia Kruger and Todd McKenney are waiting for phone calls this week that will reveal whether they have come to the end of reality as they know it. They are the stars of the longest-running reality shows on Australian television – Big Brother (13 years old) and Dancing With The Stars (10 years old). There's every reason to think they won't appear again in 2015.

BB's ratings have been disastrous – a mere 600,000 viewers in a week when the fans should have been getting excited about the final evictions. DWTS's numbers have been better than BB's, but the show "skews old" – to use the industry jargon – and when Channel Seven held a glitzy breakfast party last month to announce its schedule for 2015, DWTS was not mentioned.

Kruger and McKenney are troupers, happy to answer the toughest questions with charm and honesty, and professional enough not to be devastated if their shows disappear (Sonia can go back to Nine's shopping/chat show Mornings, and McKenney has a stage career). Here's how this column's robust discussions went with them last week, starting with Kruger …

Article%20Lead%20-%20narrow6330309011othsimage.related.articleLeadNarrow.353x0.11osz6.png1416703194389.jpg-300x0.jpg

Dancing with the Stars judge Todd McKenney.

Q: Why have the ratings for Big Brother been so terrible?

Kruger: "I look at the raw ratings figure and the commercial television creature in me can sort of feel my heart stop. But then I look at the demos and it's still up there in the demos that the network are looking for. The thing that's been the big success story of this series is Jump In [Nine's catchup service]. It's averaging 130,000 views per episode. Networks make quite a bit of revenue from those views. It's indicative of how we watch television now – particularly that younger demographic, they will watch it when they want, on their laptop or iPad or whatever. We're seeing a lot more fragmentation."

Q: Do you think the audience was down because Big Brother introduced too many gimmicks?

Kruger: "The trend is to make sure there's action going on all the time, instead of just relying on what might or might not happen in the house. When you look at shows like The Block or My Kitchen Rules, those kinds of reality programs have become a bit like Big Brother in that they are a soap opera and there is something happening every night. When the show was relaunched on Nine, the challenges became quite an integral part of the show because it definitely appealed to the younger audience. If you didn't have the challenges, there could be days when it's deadly quiet in there, there's no conflict and there's no drama."

Q: Shouldn't Nine just kill Big Brother, because it has jumped the shark?

"In my opinion, no. I think there will always be a place for BB on air. Where and when and in what capacity, I think that will continue to evolve. I was talking to [Nine's programmer] Michael Healey about this today. It could be that in the future, what we see is that GO! [Nine's digital second channel] runs Big Brother 24/7. If you look at the success of it overseas, globally it is one of those programs that can be reinvented. That's the beauty of it."

The final episode of Big Brother for 2014, and maybe forever, is on Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...-the-stars-20141118-11osz6.html#ixzz3Jqto2x7d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back