Skip to main content

2014 Media Articles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally forgot about this. Yeah it has been mentioned on here before, but not how and when we will be able to control what happens. I'm guessing that over the weekend there will be a poll or something where the viewers vote.
Thanks IM.

Who is Big Brother?
facebook.png

twitter.png

email.png

He has the most famous voice in Australian television, one of the most adored and feared personalities, but he is a celebrity you have never seen. And probably never will see.

Big Brother has been a household name in Australia since 2001, but little is known about the man with the deep voice who rules the Housemates.

The faces and names behind the voice are the best-kept secrets in the industry.

“Absolutely Big Brother is sworn to secrecy,” says the reality show’s executive producer Alex Mavroidakis.

“Absolutely they are publicly protected for this very reason: because there is an absolute fascination (with who he is).”

We can reveal there are three men who voice Big Brother: two were recruited several series ago and a new deputy starts this year.

Two have had voice training in the past while the third’s vocals just come naturally.

Most of the pre-prepared scripts are drafted by Mavroidakis, but there are still many off-the-cuff remarks that the trio is responsible for.

“Those guys are all very smart, quick witted,” the producer says.

“What you don’t hear is me and Big Brother talking as quickly as we can, trying to work out what the most hilarious line is or the most pertinent line is to say next.

“Not that we could ever do this because the mystery of Big Brotherwould be killed forever, but if a show within a show (should ever be made) they should have a camera in the control room. People are just talking on the phones, screaming at each other, paper’s thrown everywhere.

“It’s a mad environment but it’s a terrific place to work.”

None of the three Big Brothers are psychologists but before the housemates enter the trio is given access to their psychological reports so that they know their “trigger points”.

The Big Brothers go through extensive training so they can deal with any emotional turmoil faced by the housemates.

Their need is to be a “faceless father”, Mavroidakis says: exuding authority when housemates need telling off, provoking laughter when cracking jokes, and making housemates comfortable enough to spill their deepest and darkest secrets in the diary room.

“Their title is Deputy Big Brother and their job is to look after the welfare of the Housemates,” Mavroidakis says.

“In Australia, Big Brother is a character, and that’s the way we want it.”

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/latest/day-0/who-is-bb/

Who is Big Brother?

He has the most famous voice in Australian television, one of the most adored and feared personalities, but he is a celebrity you have never seen. And probably never will see.

Big Brother has been a household name in Australia since 2001, but little is known about the man with the deep voice who rules the Housemates.

The faces and names behind the voice are the best-kept secrets in the industry.

Ummmmm....

And who has that pic of the three of BBs together in 2012 or 2013 ?

From process of elimiation it is probably the guy in the pic above (cheeky permanently smiling BB)!

The old grandpa sounding BB was heard in the test run video, and of course main BB (Leon) is in the promo's.

From process of elimiation it is probably the guy in the pic above (cheeky permanently smiling BB)!

The old grandpa sounding BB was heard in the test run video, and of course main BB (Leon) is in the promo's.
He was the more nasally sounding one? Right?

Do you have that photo of the three, Leon, that one^ and the elder statesman?

You can see from his twitter and Instagram that Pete Cunningham has been back in Brisbane this week but he might have just come back for the baby christening and not Big Brother.

Last edited:
See this is when Alex picks my ass. "Publicly protected" yet Leon and one of those other dudes has corresponded with fans and HMs on Twitter with no attempt to hide who they are and even play up the whole "This is BB" thing. There's no need for him to say this bs to the media.

See this is when Alex picks my ass. "Publicly protected" yet Leon and one of those other dudes has corresponded with fans and HMs on Twitter with no attempt to hide who they are and even play up the whole "This is BB" thing. There's no need for him to say this bs to the media.
I see it as BB is like Santa and if Alex can keep the illusion going for one person, then there is nothing wrong with that. Some people don't do the whole SM thing and would have no clue who the voice(s) behind the man is.

I see it as BB is like Santa and if Alex can keep the illusion going for one person, then there is nothing wrong with that. Some people don't do the whole SM thing and would have no clue who the voice(s) behind the man is.
I'd be okay with that if he was just 'vague' with the details. However, don't outright say their identities are the best kept secret in the industry.

I'd be okay with that if he was just 'vague' with the details. However, don't outright say their identities are the best kept secret in the industry.
Tell me about it.

Like, I'm pretty sure they've even been mentioned in the end credits of episodes in the past.

It's fairly common knowledge who voices the alternating Big Brother's and has been for years. What Alex said in that article was just plain dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back