Skip to main content

10 PILOT WEEK

Good, that is all you were good for home couch potatoes your wish came true sticky

...YES!... a Live Band!... you're right sweet kxk... my dream has come true!... this makes it a prefect show for me now... even with Merrick lol!... brilliant formula Rove... I'll vote my head off for you now my friend... cheers.

...if Rove's show isn't a permanent fixture within the future then there is no hope for Live Variety for many years to come methinks!... I absolutely adored that show... brilliant concept... brilliant show... cheers.

...thanks to all of you wonderful posters tonight... you have really made me enjoy this show more with you all commenting on it... cheers.

I hate to be the spoilsport but I hated that. I found it a total ordeal, and the comedy was on par with the other Pilot Week shows - very weak.
I had high hopes for this as I like Rove and loved the concept, but it failed to deliver.
The only plus points for me were Judith Lucy's voiceovers, and the Delta Goodrem sketch.
The celebrity interview was boring, the musical guest was boring, the family at home was a total waste of time, Merrick and the wedding was a waste of time. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but I would struggle to watch this again.

I hate to be the spoilsport but I hated that. I found it a total ordeal, and the comedy was on par with the other Pilot Week shows - very weak.
I had high hopes for this as I like Rove and loved the concept, but it failed to deliver.
The only plus points for me were Judith Lucy's voiceovers, and the Delta Goodrem sketch.
The celebrity interview was boring, the musical guest was boring, the family at home was a total waste of time, Merrick and the wedding was a waste of time. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but I would struggle to watch this again.

Yah, it was pretty standard and everyone was trying hard. It was basically Rove Live again.

But given time for it to get some bigger names and acts on, it could pick up. It’s certainly a show you’d watch if there was nothing else on, but if you missed it you wouldn’t mind.

The Skit Show that was repeated afterwards isn’t funny at all. I think they spelt ‘shit’ wrong in the title...

Wow the ratings for Saturday Night were truly horrendous. It only got 203k. I dont think you could say any of the shows in pilot week were an outright success given none of them managed to even reach 500k and apart from a few they did poorly in the demos too.

I kind of zoned out after ......the bad comedy kept coming......zoned out a bit after Delta.....what a surprise, she was the highlight
Somebody give her a permanent gig as a Bunnings hype girl
Came back for Miranda gorgeous girl, and the music was good.

Rove is a good pro host, his interviewing appears to be vastly improved
The format was rather boring
Couch potatoes sucky idea....maybe get a Goggleboxer if you keep this element

Good points, Rove, Tom, Judy, Delta, music.....the Bribane girl was ok
All the rest =crap

Was I too harsh on Rove's show? Probably, but it's only because after Whovians, I expected his hosting to be top-notch, and because the blurb for the show promised a hook it didn't deliver - the bit about "bringing back pop stars from the past" made it sound like a great nostalgia party, but all we got was the recent Conrad Sewell. It was touted as the Aistralian version of Ant & Dec's Saturday Night takeaway, but I imagine that doesn't depend so much on weak comedy to pad it out.

Reactions: kxk
Rove's thing didn't rate too well, so I don't like his chances of getting a regular live entertainment series back on air.
I subjected myself to "Trial By Kyle" - total trash TV, I doubt I had any braincells left after an hour.

Interesting. Rove's doesn't deserve to come last, as despite its faults it was still watchable. Most of the others seemingly weren't (excluding Taboo).

Interesting. Rove's doesn't deserve to come last, as despite its faults it was still watchable. Most of the others seemingly weren't (excluding Taboo).

They gave him the wrong day and time slot.

No way was I going to watch his show over the footy (especially considering the Sydney vs Hawthorn match). Also plenty of people who go out on Saturday nights..

They gave him the wrong day and time slot.

No way was I going to watch his show over the footy (especially considering the Sydney vs Hawthorn match). Also plenty of people who go out on Saturday nights..

Yes, even I watched the footy live and watched Rove afterwards, so it was on too early to catch a proper audience.

Back