Skip to main content

10 PILOT WEEK

Thanks for taking one for the team. Hopefully some of the other shows will be better.

...haha!... I did commit myself to watching ALL of the 'Pilot' shows so a deal is a deal Meglos... even with the upcoming Kyle Sandilands one of who I NEVER watch... yes... I'm a glutton for punishment I know lol!... I must admit it though... the only one that I'm looking forward to is the Rove Variety show on Saturday night to be honest... Australia is so in need of a Variety show in the vein of 'The Don Lane show' or 'Rove Live' or 'Hey Hey it's Saturday' of days gone by where they have visiting stars and bands from overseas on instead of just getting glimpses of them if you're lucky enough in the Morning Shows where they just fob them off basically... or a 5 second spot on The Project etc... I'm so hoping that Rove's show is given the green light as a future permanent show... it better do... imagine the overseas and local stars and bands having a venue to promote themselves to us at all times... that's a Gold mine just waiting to be tapped into for sure... I hope that it does well... cheers.

You should check out ABC more @Mr Stickyfingers they have interesting chats with celebs all over the place, in their breakfast news, and across a whole raft of other shows, one on one, Ahn, Matter of fact, Julia's show, etc
Then there is Interview with Denton.

...trust me when I say this Meglos my friend... you missed nothing... you saved yourself the wasted hour or so that we will never get back for the rest of our lives... you are the lucky one... cheers.

Actually you are missing a LOT.
The opportunity to see how/what a network is THINKING
Regardless of the quality this is something to actually get behind and a way to have some input
Don't sit back and whinge about how shitty TV is if you don't take this opportunity to tell someone that matters, ie tell 10

You should check out ABC more @Mr Stickyfingers they have interesting chats with celebs all over the place, in their breakfast news, and across a whole raft of other shows, one on one, Ahn, Matter of fact, Julia's show, etc
Then there is Interview with Denton.

Actually you are missing a LOT.
The opportunity to see how/what a network is THINKING
Regardless of the quality this is something to actually get behind and a way to have some input
Don't sit back and whinge about how shitty TV is if you don't take this opportunity to tell someone that matters, ie tell 10

...I really don't like interviewing panel type of shows much at all kxk unless of course a favourite person of mine is the one being interviewed... most times I find that I don't really need to know more about people that I'm not interested in to begin with lol!... so I rarely bother to watch them at all...

...I don't believe that I'm actually missing anything too much so far kxk to be honest... I know that we have the opportunity to 'vote' on whether a show is good or not but I gather that we can vote on each show after Rove's Saturday night show has played out first so I'm holding back until then because all we have to do is go onto Tenplay and tick the vote on whether you like it or not... here is the link...

https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/pilot-week/have-your-say/which-shows-would-you-like-to-see-again

...but in the meantime I'm enjoying my head off in either praising or ripping the shit out of the shows as they are being shown... sadly 'Skit Happens' started off quite well and then slowly lost steam in it's humour for me... that fridge skit was just plain ridiculous... and the panel show 'Disgrace' on straight afterwards was just plain boring for me so you're right so far... I am whinging about it at the moment until I do my vote after Rove's show... I am hoping that between now and then that I don't have to whinge about them all but have the opportunity to praise them instead (although with the Karl Sandilands crap I have already decided to whinge that about because I despise that pig so much)... and also... as I said here...

...me niether my friend... that's for sure... but Channel 10 are saving themselves so much money in rather than commit themselves to a whole pre-made series... in doing these 'Pilot' shows at least they'll know not to commit themselves to untried shows and losing big money I imagine?... cheers.

...I think that I do have an idea of what the network is thinking... what they are doing is a brilliant move... it's a great idea... instead of getting small groups of 'test people' to gauge the shows out as they probably already do why not just put it out there for all to see (and vote upon) to see whether to invest more money into these shows or not?... well done Channel 10... I hope that they do it all of the time in the future to be honest... (watch Channel's 9 and 7 copy this format quick smart in the future eh?... lol!)...

...but getting back to what I was saying... these first two shows have been duds for me so far so I'm hoping that the next ones are worth praising rather than rubbishing (minus the Sandilands one of course)... as I said earlier... I'm really looking forward to Rove's new show... I hope that it's the one renewed... (there is only going to be the one renewed isn't it?... I'm sure that I read that somewhere?)... if so... Rove!... win this!... lol!... cheers.

@Mr Stickyfingers ........my you are missing a LOT, was directed at the person you were addressing ie
@Meglos ....

What do you mean about panel interviews? ABC does one on one shows, plus AM News/Breakfast they do in depth interviews with just the 2 presenters - ie proper journalists, they just did one with Rake/Richard awesome
EG did you see when julia Zemiro did her show with Louis Theroux, ie she takes them back to their old life/growing up/schools etc
She also did Alan Davies, from QI etc, she does the best people, Alan's story was kind of sad

And FYI, you can vote numerous times, you just have to refresh, and there is no WINNER takes all kind of thing

So....being reported in the media....good for 10, making some buzz happen, and at least 299,000 viewers, I would call that a success

Verdict =
Everyone hated the shitty Skit show, tasteless and unfunny
Everyone liked Sam, and could see him doing more TV work, the show was liked, but mostly Sam as a host is liked, I agree he is better suited to this
This kind of show could work once a week, straight after the Project, and sometimes using people from the Project & HYBPA, Sunday nights

Last edited:
@Mr Stickyfingers ........my you are missing a LOT, was directed at the person you were addressing ie @Meglos ....

Thanks, but I'm fine really. Life is too short to watch shitty television that you're not interested in. I am loyal to the shows I watch and never miss an episode. However I'm not going to watch something I'm not interested in just because a channel wants me to.
With these pilot week shows, if there hasn't been something to interest me before it airs (good word of mouth, interesting stars or good ads) then that's it, they've blown their chance of getting me as a viewer. There is way too much on television at the moment already (as unlike you I record the shows and watch them in full, I can't stand channel chopping).

But my point is you are missing an opportunity to take part in a concept that gives us a chance to speak to a network......and I hope this is the beginning of a regular event.
OK if you aren't interested, I am fascinated that 10 has done this

Yes it is a good idea, and I hope they get one or two good long-running shows out of it. I hope they listen to the viewers who vote, too.
If there is enough good feedback on a show I missed (like if people here love it - still not a guarantee but it helps) then I might catch up later. I don't think I watched series one of The Bachelor, but once I started discussing it on here I never missed an episode.

LOL
We may not always agree but we are happy campers and in general never foes....well I love Sticky and his wonderful romantic attitude
We are Doctor Who lovers....DW people are the best kind of people:)

Sometimes @Mr Stickyfingers misreads posts......I think he needs new specs

And it has been a while since I posted your favourite style of frock @Mr Stickyfingers .......I found a new floral designer

df1d176c102bb206aa82bdddb3553f5a.jpg

f6f0a0ca91827670002592d5f12ade4a.jpg

223be48dea23eacac8d5d4a01df1bb3a.jpg

Stella de Libero ......lush aren't they
https://www.pinterest.com.au/search/pins/?q=Stella de Libero&rs=typed&term_meta[]=Stella|typed&term_meta[]=de|typed&term_meta[]=Libero|typed

@Mr Stickyfingers ........my you are missing a LOT, was directed at the person you were addressing ie
@Meglos ....

What do you mean about panel interviews? ABC does one on one shows, plus AM News/Breakfast they do in depth interviews with just the 2 presenters - ie proper journalists, they just did one with Rake/Richard awesome
EG did you see when julia Zemiro did her show with Louis Theroux, ie she takes them back to their old life/growing up/schools etc
She also did Alan Davies, from QI etc, she does the best people, Alan's story was kind of sad

And FYI, you can vote numerous times, you just have to refresh, and there is no WINNER takes all kind of thing

So....being reported in the media....good for 10, making some buzz happen, and at least 299,000 viewers, I would call that a success

Verdict =
Everyone hated the shitty Skit show, tasteless and unfunny
Everyone liked Sam, and could see him doing more TV work, the show was liked, but mostly Sam as a host is liked, I agree he is better suited to this
This kind of show could work once a week, straight after the Project, and sometimes using people from the Project & HYBPA, Sunday nights

...haha!... oh okay kxk... I thought that you meant that I was missing a lot lol!... I didn't take any offence by it but you did make me rethink what I had written lol!... (for the better of course)... lol!... and...

...yes I love it when people like Julia do those type of interviews etc... they are always fun and informative kxk... it's just panel shows themselves where they try to upstage the guests themselves (The Project for one... Stefanovic for another) then I refuse to watch them with panel shows like that for me at least... we are always listening to their drivel and then the audience always laugh hysterically no matter what they say... and the other type when it's anything to do with Politics my brain zones out in 3 seconds flat... they're just not my 'cup of tea' so I never usually watch them unless it's someone that I like... that's why I always love it when you give me the heads up if you think that I would be interested in that person (Professor Brian Cox etc)... so please keep letting me know if that slips through my net if possible my good friend... lol!... cheers.

LOL
We may not always agree but we are happy campers and in general never foes....well I love Sticky and his wonderful romantic attitude
We are Doctor Who lovers....DW people are the best kind of people:)

Sometimes @Mr Stickyfingers misreads posts......I think he needs new specs

And it has been a while since I posted your favourite style of frock @Mr Stickyfingers .......I found a new floral designer

Stella de Libero ......lush aren't they
https://www.pinterest.com.au/search/pins/?q=Stella de Libero&rs=typed&term_meta[]=Stella|typed&term_meta[]=de|typed&term_meta[]=Libero|typed

...hahaha!... we NEVER usually disagree much Affable but on the odd occasion my brain wanders off on it's own holiday for a few minutes and kxk gets me back on the right path again on many occasions my friend lol!... we could never not be friends I imagine... kxk is one of my female 'buddies' on these forums along with several others lol!...

...it's funny that you say that about me needing new specs kxk because I'm getting my second new lens in my other eye in about 10 days time... ($3,000 dollars later with a $1,000 rebate) so that will be my second eye operated done at last... and THEN I will be getting my new glasses made up lol!...

...and... beautiful wonderful Floral dresses!... you know that I love them so well on all ladies in the world... it makes them look so feminine and beautiful... my sweet darling wife always wears floral tops etc because she knows that I love them... and yes... I'm definitely a true Romantic at heart... you know me well kxk my friend... lol!...

...wow!... some of those photos look like Oil Paintings to me... what a superb bunch of images... Stella de Libero designs some brilliantly lavish dresses doesn't she?... thanks for the link kxk... cheers.

Back