Skip to main content

…MR STICKYFINGERS (sort of) BOWS OUT FOR A WHILE…

I wasn’t too sure as to where to post this information so I decided to open it in my own thread so please pardon the grandstanding… (Tim please feel free to move the thread elsewhere if you see fit to do so… I’ll understand)…

…to all of my wonderful fantastic friends that I have made on this brilliant website… (thanks to Tim)… I have to let you all know that I am taking a backseat in my posting on this website for a while… there will not be any more dumb-ass drawn out ‘Sticky rants’… no more marathon reads… no more of my gabbling on about shit etc probably for a few months… I will be though… a ‘lurker’… I will be doing some short posts when I am capable of doing it… they will be slow in response I’m afraid… I won’t be able to reply to all posts so please don’t think of me as being rude to you…

…it has taken me an just under an hour to type this post up until this point so far as an indication of what my response time will be in responding to your posts…I am typing with one hand unfortunately… the reason being…

…on Thursday 19th of this month I suffered from a ‘Trans Ischemic Attack’ (please excuse me if I spelled it wrong)… from what I’ve gathered it’s a mini stroke… there was a sharp pain at the base of my brain on the right hand side that rendered all of my left side without any control… I do have some slurred speech… my left hand is almost non-operable… (hence having to type with my right hand only)…

…I’ve had an MRI done of my brain… (yes I apparently do have one lol)… I’ve had an Ultrasound on my neck… (methinks that they believe the blockage was in a vein or whatever within my neck area)… and had a woman with a laptop do a scan of my heart in all various positions too…

…on Thursday 26th I did a cognitive test… (not sure what the test was called?... perhaps the ‘Heiferfluganflunkan test’ or whatever?)… to see if my brain is working or not… I scored 97 out of 100!... I would have got more but one of the questions were… ‘who is the Premiere of NSW?... I answered “you mean… who is it this week don’t you?”... seriously… I don’t follow politics... I don’t even watch the news on TV!... I don’t know and don’t friggin’ care who it is for crying out loud lol!...

…I’ve had a hard appraisal by the Doctor in charge of rehabilitation… I had to do some hard exercises and was told that within the next week that I was going into another hospital to do my rehabilitation… her assessment result?...

…my chances are with hard work and grim determination on my part that I am likely to make a full recovery within a few months!... apparently I have strong upper body strength... they believe that for my age… (61)… I am pretty fit!... I was quite shocked to hear that to be honest lol!...

…I’ve had the ‘Physio’ people making me trying to walk again… I was in the gymnasium for 2 and a half hours today…it was unbelievably hard but I won’t let it beat me… NOTHING will stop me from achieving my goal of full recovery… I am the most stubborn bastard on this planet that I know so it’ll be a walk in the park lol!...

…I am unable to do any ‘Photoshopping’ or artwork at the moment and it is killing me!... (from being in Hospital)… but it’s an incentive for me to recover from this setback so that I am ready for the next round of ‘Big Brother’… lol!

…I have been totally overwhelmed and humbled by the amount of support that I have received from my family and friends… it makes you take stock of just how much people actually love you and just how much of a hollow that you would leave if you no longer were in their lives… quite humbling indeed!...

…anyhow… that’s all of it in a nutshell my dear peoples… as I said earlier… I’m sorry if this thread may seem like a bit of ‘look-at-me!... look-at-me!’ grandstanding on my part but that was not my intent… I couldn’t think of just where else to post this…

…just in finishing…keep on posting you marvellous wonderful people… give this new recruited ‘lurker’ some great things to read… (especially Meglos / Nutmeg and others in the… ‘Doctor Who thread’… with those reviews!)...

…just as a sidenote… this post has taken me 4 hours to type it… hence the warning about slow responses to your posts lol!...

…well… see you all later…happy posting peoples!... I love you all… cheers.

UPDATE:... I typed this 2 days ago and have only just achieved an internet connection... instead of re-typing sections of the post I'll just add to it now...

...I've been told that I did have an actual stroke and not a ‘Trans Ischemic Attack’... (I didn't know that there was any difference)... I have made quite considerable progress with my rehabilitation I am told... I've managed to move my left hand a lot more than I had before and am able to keep my balance better and am walking a lot more steadier so that is some good news at least...

...on Monday or Tuesday they are transferring me to a rehabilitation hospital up at Katoomba or Springwood in the Blue Mountains which is about a hour and a half away from Windsor where I live... at this point of time I am going to be there for 2 weeks initially... apparently it's like going to 'boot camp'... (I'm not a celebrity... get me outta here!)... so yeah...plenty of hard work ahead of me... I'm up for it though... nothing will stop me!... anyhow... that's all folks!... lol!... cheers.

I have just learned what happened to you. I am really sorry and sad.
It is so nice of you to have taken the trouble to tell us, in spite of how hard it was to type.

I don’t really post anymore but I will always care for posters I truly like, and you are on the top of my favourite posters. Your support when I was sad and had trouble in the forum, I will never forget, you are such a nice person. I am not surprised that you are surrender by people who loves you, how could they not.

I hope with all my heart you recover fully and quickly. Unfortunately, it seems that the work you will have to do is going to be so hard, as you said a boot camp.

Don’t worry about answering my post, I know you appreciate it, take care of yourself is the best thing you can do for your friends.

MR STINKYFINGER.jpg

I wasn’t too sure as to where to post this information so I decided to open it in my own thread so please pardon the grandstanding… (Tim please feel free to move the thread elsewhere if you see fit to do so… I’ll understand)…

…to all of my wonderful fantastic friends that I have made on this brilliant website… (thanks to Tim)… I have to let you all know that I am taking a backseat in my posting on this website for a while… there will not be any more dumb-ass drawn out ‘Sticky rants’… no more marathon reads… no more of my gabbling on about shit etc probably for a few months… I will be though… a ‘lurker’… I will be doing some short posts when I am capable of doing it… they will be slow in response I’m afraid… I won’t be able to reply to all posts so please don’t think of me as being rude to you…

…it has taken me an just under an hour to type this post up until this point so far as an indication of what my response time will be in responding to your posts…I am typing with one hand unfortunately… the reason being…

…on Thursday 19th of this month I suffered from a ‘Trans Ischemic Attack’ (please excuse me if I spelled it wrong)… from what I’ve gathered it’s a mini stroke… there was a sharp pain at the base of my brain on the right hand side that rendered all of my left side without any control… I do have some slurred speech… my left hand is almost non-operable… (hence having to type with my right hand only)…

…I’ve had an MRI done of my brain… (yes I apparently do have one lol)… I’ve had an Ultrasound on my neck… (methinks that they believe the blockage was in a vein or whatever within my neck area)… and had a woman with a laptop do a scan of my heart in all various positions too…

…on Thursday 26th I did a cognitive test… (not sure what the test was called?... perhaps the ‘Heiferfluganflunkan test’ or whatever?)… to see if my brain is working or not… I scored 97 out of 100!... I would have got more but one of the questions were… ‘who is the Premiere of NSW?... I answered “you mean… who is it this week don’t you?”... seriously… I don’t follow politics... I don’t even watch the news on TV!... I don’t know and don’t friggin’ care who it is for crying out loud lol!...

…I’ve had a hard appraisal by the Doctor in charge of rehabilitation… I had to do some hard exercises and was told that within the next week that I was going into another hospital to do my rehabilitation… her assessment result?...

…my chances are with hard work and grim determination on my part that I am likely to make a full recovery within a few months!... apparently I have strong upper body strength... they believe that for my age… (61)… I am pretty fit!... I was quite shocked to hear that to be honest lol!...

…I’ve had the ‘Physio’ people making me trying to walk again… I was in the gymnasium for 2 and a half hours today…it was unbelievably hard but I won’t let it beat me… NOTHING will stop me from achieving my goal of full recovery… I am the most stubborn bastard on this planet that I know so it’ll be a walk in the park lol!...

…I am unable to do any ‘Photoshopping’ or artwork at the moment and it is killing me!... (from being in Hospital)… but it’s an incentive for me to recover from this setback so that I am ready for the next round of ‘Big Brother’… lol!

…I have been totally overwhelmed and humbled by the amount of support that I have received from my family and friends… it makes you take stock of just how much people actually love you and just how much of a hollow that you would leave if you no longer were in their lives… quite humbling indeed!...

…anyhow… that’s all of it in a nutshell my dear peoples… as I said earlier… I’m sorry if this thread may seem like a bit of ‘look-at-me!... look-at-me!’ grandstanding on my part but that was not my intent… I couldn’t think of just where else to post this…

…just in finishing…keep on posting you marvellous wonderful people… give this new recruited ‘lurker’ some great things to read… (especially Meglos / Nutmeg and others in the… ‘Doctor Who thread’… with those reviews!)...

…just as a sidenote… this post has taken me 4 hours to type it… hence the warning about slow responses to your posts lol!...

…well… see you all later…happy posting peoples!... I love you all… cheers.

UPDATE:... I typed this 2 days ago and have only just achieved an internet connection... instead of re-typing sections of the post I'll just add to it now...

...I've been told that I did have an actual stroke and not a ‘Trans Ischemic Attack’... (I didn't know that there was any difference)... I have made quite considerable progress with my rehabilitation I am told... I've managed to move my left hand a lot more than I had before and am able to keep my balance better and am walking a lot more steadier so that is some good news at least...

...on Monday or Tuesday they are transferring me to a rehabilitation hospital up at Katoomba or Springwood in the Blue Mountains which is about a hour and a half away from Windsor where I live... at this point of time I am going to be there for 2 weeks initially... apparently it's like going to 'boot camp'... (I'm not a celebrity... get me outta here!)... so yeah...plenty of hard work ahead of me... I'm up for it though... nothing will stop me!... anyhow... that's all folks!... lol!... cheers.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Whose ...ellipsis... filled posts will I read now?! The only other ones are @Kingston's... and... well... need I say more...

:p

I will wish you good luck with the recovery but, like everyone else here, I know you're more than capable of getting back to full strength without luck because you're a tough-but-young-at-heart old bugger. :kiss:

Sending you all the love and best wishes, @Mr Stickyfingers. I'm so sorry to hear you've gone through this. You're one of the most enthusiastic posters on this site and I enjoy everything you write. I admire the fact that you took the time to write out that post for us—there's no way in hell I could be bothered! By the sounds of it you're already making a speedy recovery, but here's to an even speedier one.

...oh wow!... thankyou so much for your kind words and thoughts on my well being... it really does inspire me so much and really warms my heart... I really do believe that we have a cyber family on hand at all times on here to help each other out in times of need no matter how much we bicker and snarl at each other at times lol!... it's truly inspiring... it really is... all of you are really great people and I appreciate you all...

...some feeling and dexterity has returned to my left hand due to me putting it through some rigorous exercises... (no... not that!... lol!)... I'm determined to get it back to where it was... I've managed to start wiggling my toes again on my left foot but cannot lift it in an upward direction yet... there is still some numbness on the outer part of my left leg below my left knee... (I failed the 'blunt/sharp' test)... I can feel the strength coming back to my body thank God... anyhow... that's about all I can tell you up to this point...

...(and yes Trala... I have positive proof that I have a brain!)... this post only took me an hour to write this time because I now have more clarity of thought and better concentration powers kicking in... I don't feel as drained as I did in my first post so perhaps my posts won't be as infrequent as I first imagined that it would be a few days back... here's hoping anyway... I've got to go...I'm am now getting tired... keep posting... and bickering... and arguing... I love it all... again... thankyou so much for your kind words... cheers.

I'm sorry Mr Stickyfingers. It's good to hear you're feeling a little bit better. One of my relatives had a minor stroke last year. It was a big shock physically and emotionally. The changes are so sudden and unexpected, but he's slowly recovering and accepting it all. Take it easy and good luck.

Sticky, I am so sorry to hear this has happened, I know you are strong, your will power and humour will help you gain a full recovery, no words can express how sorry I am, but you have a cheerleader in us here, please take care of yourself!

...oh wow!... thankyou so much for your kind words and thoughts on my well being... it really does inspire me so much and really warms my heart... I really do believe that we have a cyber family on hand at all times on here to help each other out in times of need no matter how much we bicker and snarl at each other at times lol!... it's truly inspiring... it really is... all of you are really great people and I appreciate you all...

...some feeling and dexterity has returned to my left hand due to me putting it through some rigorous exercises... (no... not that!... lol!)... I'm determined to get it back to where it was... I've managed to start wiggling my toes again on my left foot but cannot lift it in an upward direction yet... there is still some numbness on the outer part of my left leg below my left knee... (I failed the 'blunt/sharp' test)... I can feel the strength coming back to my body thank God... anyhow... that's about all I can tell you up to this point...

...(and yes Trala... I have positive proof that I have a brain!)... this post only took me an hour to write this time because I now have more clarity of thought and better concentration powers kicking in... I don't feel as drained as I did in my first post so perhaps my posts won't be as infrequent as I first imagined that it would be a few days back... here's hoping anyway... I've got to go...I'm am now getting tired... keep posting... and bickering... and arguing... I love it all... again... thankyou so much for your kind words... cheers.

... ♥♥♥ ...

Mr Sticky!

I am so sorry to hear this, I will be praying for you if that's ok with you (I will probably anyway lol!). You are such a champion and I wish you all the best in a speedy recovery. If anyone can do it, I'm sure you can!

I'm glad to hear you have a great networks of friends and family supporting you. You better get better soon... These forums wouldn't be the same without your colourful and animated posts.

Godspeed!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Whose ...ellipsis... filled posts will I read now?! The only other ones are @Kingston's... and... well... need I say more...

:p

I will wish you good luck with the recovery but, like everyone else here, I know you're more than capable of getting back to full strength without luck because you're a tough-but-young-at-heart old bugger. :kiss:

Bitch be stealin my style...

...(and yes Trala... I have positive proof that I have a brain!)... this post only took me an hour to write this time because I now have more clarity of thought and better concentration powers kicking in... I don't feel as drained as I did in my first post so perhaps my posts won't be as infrequent as I first imagined that it would be a few days back... here's hoping anyway... I've got to go...I'm am now getting tired... keep posting... and bickering... and arguing... I love it all... again... thankyou so much for your kind words... cheers. 0

Get betta SOON ol soldier !

I hear ya...you are to be commended for toughing it out

More power to ya...

Guess you got to see some tittays and lotsa love from us all here....In the end, we are all one family

Of course, i am the good looking one

Incidentally, the last mini-stroke i had was by accident whilst reading ZOO magazine

I ended up with somewhat of a mess on my hands,......

Battle on !!

we are with ya :)

DoctorWhoHelloSweetie-1.gif

So sorry to hear @Mr Stickyfingers , but very glad to hear things are slowly improving already.

Thank you so very much for posting. The forums would have gone into meltdown if you had just disappeared with no explanation. We would have been searching the whole of Australia looking for you.

It's just too bad the cognitive test doesn't ask questions like who fell in love with Aisha or which girl was obsessed with Ed on Big Brother, you would have been perfect.

I believe you are an amazing person and you can accomplish anything with your determination. You will recover.

If you feel down or discouraged, please come by for a pep talk if you can. If you can't get online, please remember we are all here cheering you on.

...a quick update for you my friends... I was transferred to the Katoomba Hospital Rehabilitation Centre... (boot camp)... at 4.00 this afternoon... tomorrow begins the hard work...whatever they throw at me I'm up for it!... bring it on!... I am proud of myself today... I did a hard session in Physio this morning and managed to flex that numb leg muscle that wouldn't work before... I also managed to raise my toes off the floor at last... (only just though to be honest)... I know that it's only little baby steps and not leaps and bounds but what the hell eh?...

...I have achieved more flexibility with my left thumb at last instead of it just sitting there staring at me lol!...my thumb can now touch my third finger tip... it can't touch the finger tip on my pinky finger though... oh well... more hard work lol!... anyhow folks... that's it from me for now... keep on posting peoples... cheers.

...a quick update for you my friends... I was transferred to the Katoomba Hospital Rehabilitation Centre... (boot camp)... at 4.00 this afternoon... tomorrow begins the hard work...whatever they throw at me I'm up for it!... bring it on!... I am proud of myself today... I did a hard session in Physio this morning and managed to flex that numb leg muscle that wouldn't work before... I also managed to raise my toes off the floor at last... (only just though to be honest)... I know that it's only little baby steps and not leaps and bounds but what the hell eh?...

...I have achieved more flexibility with my left thumb at last instead of it just sitting there staring at me lol!...my thumb can now touch my third finger tip... it can't touch the finger tip on my pinky finger though... oh well... more hard work lol!... anyhow folks... that's it from me for now... keep on posting peoples... cheers.

Awesome progress! :)

Good to hear Sticky! Any progress is surely good and it will all take time, but you sound like you are on the right track.

ive always found these threads to be pretty dreadful. they are the type of thread that i want to reply to, and feel i probably should reply to... but i am never quite sure what i am supposed to say.
the fact that you can make a full recovery makes it easier though, so best of luck.

Don't despise small beginnings. You have the best attitude for success! Keep it up mate. Still praying for you :)

Hey Sticky

Good to see you recovering.

I was thinking, given that you type with one hand, while the other hand lays in your lap and gets sticky, in essence you have been preparing for this moment your whole cyber life.

Keep up the hand exercises and you will throwing the bird like a bogan in no time!!

:)

I thought I would be really smart and look up the address to send you a card and a small gift.

Then I realized that I couldn't address it to Mr. Stickyfingers...though it would be quite funny for them to try to deliver it.

Hang in there! You are doing well already. You can do this.

Please keep updating us.

Back