Skip to main content

‘Big Brother: Secrets & Lies’

I don't like Dan, you apparently do. A difference of opinion - nothing else. I have no inclination to justify my views or argue with you in any shape or form because you are simply rude. Grow up.

Ignore List.

So in other words it's an irrational argument... I don't how anything I've said is so extremely rude that you've added me to your ignore list... I've dished out much worse to people that weren't as deserving...

Anyways I'm not going to loose any sleep over being called rude...

Awww, fans are a big part of why I love BB. We can all watch the same thing and form completely different opinions. Wouldn't be half as much fun if we all agreed. Now kiss and make up you two.

On a lighter note, did anyone see the bit on BOTS where the hosts locked in who they thought the final three would be. Anyone else want to play?

My prediction is:
1) Gina
2) Sam
3) Twins

Though I would like Sam to win - he's the only one who hasn't carried on like a maniac at some time, though I am also happy to see someone who has given more to the show to win.

Just managed to catch up a bit. The 'Bee task' [Day 56 (Thur 8 Aug 2013)] and the previous night's BOTS.
I've always had a soft spot for the delectable Emma Willis with her sexy knees and hocks and her slightly hysterical sounding voice. However, during that BOTS episode she took the 'towing the line' role a bit to far for my taste. She's turned into the perfect BB-whore, executing each whim of the producers to perfection. Shame on you Emma, you sounded like one of our aussie 'journalists' or 'politicians' for that matter when they are trying to communicate i.e.: You asked but you didn't wanna hear the answer...!!! ...just so that you could dutyfully stick to the script. Disappointed but still think you're hot! Oh, and by the way Emma, our own host Sonia Kruger is beginning to imitate you now, there, that's how impressive you are!

The 'Bee task' wasn't funny enough to be a joke – it was simply pathetic. Once again those highschool dropouts who comprise the BBUK production team these days have blatantly favoured Gina to be the, well... the Queen – surprise, surprise.
This was so high school... or should I say kindergarden. The Queen aka Gina behaved like the perfect bully and needless to say her main target was Hazel. When Hazel responded by ignoring the cow's orders and called her and her chief lieutenant Charlie "fuckin' little bitches" the Queen was not impressed and turned up her venometer. Well.
Afterward the bitching continued – Sophie and Charlie now are firmly on Gina's side. I don't mind any HM to move into a particular camp, that's part of the game. But Charlie turning into a bitch and deriding her former buddy in order to gain favour with Gina is a bit low. I'm over Charlie now, she's nice but a tad too naive.

Haven't watched the evictions yet but I have a good idea.

Awww, fans are a big part of why I love BB. We can all watch the same thing and form completely different opinions. Wouldn't be half as much fun if we all agreed. Now kiss and make up you two.

On a lighter note, did anyone see the bit on BOTS where the hosts locked in who they thought the final three would be. Anyone else want to play?

My prediction is:
1) Gina
2) Sam
3) Twins

Though I would like Sam to win - he's the only one who hasn't carried on like a maniac at some time, though I am also happy to see someone who has given more to the show to win.

I highly doubt Gina could win. I even think that if she is nominated this week, she would be evicted. She's like Deana from last year, a fan favorite, but fan favorite never win.

I think Sam and Dexter have higher chances to be honest. My bet would be on Sam, because lately is has grown on me and in the polls. It's like when you're disappointed by all your friends you turn to that boring person but at least you know he won't disappoint you. Plus iff I'm honest, I don't really care about any of the housemates still in the house but him.

My prediction is:
1) Gina
2) Sam
3) Twins

Now that I've seen the evictions and the subsequent BOTS I guess I can play, though my mother always advised me against gambling of any kind :)

1) Sam
2) Twins
3) Charlie

Mine is not a prediction but a shot in the dark. Considering the way 'The Great British Public' have been carrying on of late, I for one am not prepared to wager one way or another.
The mantra in the past has been: vote out the boring HMs, keep in the entertaining ones. Perhaps my notion of 'entertainment' is completely askew... the recent arguments aka bitch-sessions between Gina and Hazel where in my mind most entertaining - yet 'The Great British Public' turns around and evicts Hazel.
With whom will Gina argue now? Certainly no other remaining HM will dare to stand up against Gina the way Hazel did. I reckon she will now sink her dagger into Charlie who is ostensibly the most docile of the lot.

So it's all guesswork from now on. I don't think Gina will win in the end - unless the producers in the spirit of political correctness desperately need a black girl to win. If there is a shred of sanity left in the minds of 'The Great British Public', they'll get rid of Sophie next. BTW, I noticed how Hazel, after her eviction, referred to Sophie as a sweet girl and expressed how fond she was of her. This was a typical case of the HMs not seing what we, the audience see rather than the other way around.
I doubt that Charlie is going to win it, though she deserves it considering everything that happened. From the very beginning she was compromised through her mother and once she was gone, things didn't get better for Charlie.
Dexter IMO still has a chance but in the end 'The Great British Public' will probably favour the Twins over him.

And if 'The Great British Public' is indeed as 'proper' as was apparent when there was an outcry over Hazel's appaling behaviour yes, she dared to FLIRT -- 'The Great British Public' will surely give the prize to Sam, seeing that he was at a disatvantage from the first day. For Sam to hang in there and still retain his sense of humour deserves respect.

I love how they call themselves the 'Great British Public' - so funny.

I'll stick with my prediction above because that is the game. BUT I think you are all right about Gina. The way she has been carrying on (especially not letting Hazel have a respectful send-off) was just awful. I would think a lot of Gina fans who were waning might have gone off her then. I was disappointed to see Hazel go, she wasn't perfect (she wouldn't have made it into BB if she was) but she had a lot of good qualities and provided some entertainment. Plus those audiences are BRUTAL and she handled herself really well - a good sign for future employers that she can be professional under pressure (if you discount the mutual motor-mouth arguments with Gina).

Yes, Hazel did handle herself well and I feel quite triumphant about that. I managed to catch the following BOTS and again she came out shining. The "Dazel" affair was regurgitated once again - yet Hazel didn't budge, she stuck to her guns. Good girl.
There was a guy on the panel who defended Hazel just the way I would have. Goes to show that some folks in the audience are perceptive and don't just follow the current trend. In the context of defending Hazel and pointing out how conniving and bitchy Gina really is, he even mentioned an incidence that occured on the second or third day: The nasty argument between Gina and Jemima.
It got out of hand as these stoushes usually do. At some stage Gina blatantly played the race card. Consequently Jemima was called to the DR and in line with political correctness reprimanded. To me, it stuck out like a sore thumb but nobody commented on it. At the time I thought that Gina knew exactly that if she played the race card things could only go her own way.

I just watched the final Noms. It seemed to me that Sophie was still wiping and rewriting her tablet when she was called up to reveal her decision. Anyone see it too?

Oh... and it never occurred to me... could Gina have a Caribbean background? If she does then the 'Beach Holiday' was yet another push by the producers to promote Gina.

At some stage Gina blatantly played the race card. Consequently Jemima was called to the DR and in line with political correctness reprimanded. To me, it stuck out like a sore thumb but nobody commented on it. At the time I thought that Gina knew exactly that if she played the race card things could only go her own way.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/322417/BB-GINA-BIGGEST-FAKE-EVER
Gina's ex-band manager said in that article link that she plays the race card, although he also sounds like he has sour grapes, e.g. he complains about her not being able to sing or dance - didn't he audition her before hiring her? I never thought Jemima was racist with what she said, but I did think she was racially insensitive saying it in front of a black person. But then they both went crazy and it was impossible to back either of them, IMO.

I just watched the final Noms. It seemed to me that Sophie was still wiping and rewriting her tablet when she was called up to reveal her decision. Anyone see it too?

It sure looked that way, and her face looked a bit devious too.

Oh... and it never occurred to me... could Gina have a Caribbean background? If she does then the 'Beach Holiday' was yet another push by the producers to promote Gina.

She's half Jamaican and half Cuban, according to that article link. The bit I really didn't like was Levi telling her that she has inspired the whole Caribbean race in Ireland (?? I must have misheard the Ireland bit) - just more outside info being sent into a house that is supposed to be in seclusion.

Many thanks nutmeg for your sleuthing - I am hopeless in that department.

The Daily Star article pretty much confirmed most of my suspicions re Gina. Though some of the toffee-nosed Britains may be inbred and/or simplistic, they usually have a pretty good grasp on the English language. Gina does not. All huff and no puff. I think this is important. You can't just pull posh language out of your sleeve when all you've used in the past is... well... 'common' language. Excuse the expression but it's appropriate.
My suspicion was confirmed again when Gina's boyfriend was presented to us as a nominator. I can't speak for anyone else, but I as the parent would not support my daughter and finance her whims if she chose such a deadbeat as her companion. Parent-daughter love has nothing to do with it. Tough love.
It certainly defies logic that Donovan Dwyer wouldn't audition his charge before giving her the job. In his defence, in one of the most recent episodes available to a mere torrenter, Sophie encouraged Gina to sing along to "We Are Family". Gina was... well, Gina was there but not her voice. Sophie did a much better job - plenty of practice on Ibiza no doubt. Later I saw Sam taking Gina for a 'run' in the yard - after a few steps Gina was in trouble. If you sing, whether you smoke or not, you have more stamina. Horses mouth.

As expected, Gina has plunged her dagger into Charlie now and she's twisting it with all her might. But "Oh no Brutus, not again..." Charlie says "...I'm onto you this time." Ironically Gina suspects one of Charlie's fans for the tweet which suggests Gina to be sly. Oh how ruffled she was - delightful. Let the bitching return.

For the first time I've actually appreciated the "Twins". Still don't know who's who - but they're all right when they're not playing to the cameras or are purposely acting. Much more amusing than they are funny when on cue.

In conclusion the three I don't want to win are Gina, Dexter ad Sophie. My favourites are still Sam and Charlie.

Over and out - hail Caesar :D

Hi, Nutmeg and Dystopia, I am from the UK myself and therefore have a bit of information which could be useful. I wouldn't trust much of what the Daily Star says, and that article was released after Gina pulled the race card. If you've watched the evictions, you'd notice that Gina has been popular, however after the past two weeks, she is no longer a major fan-favourite, due to her treatment towards Hazel. Realistically the only housemates with a chance of winning is Dexter, Gina and Sam. As Charlie, Sophie and the Twins aren't too popular. Although with this weeks eviction Sam has got a lot of haters who want him out, so we may possibly have a surprise, if not it's between Charlie and Sophie.

Wow how the heck did Sophie get more votes than Charlie or even Sam?

Definitely want a Dexter & Gina final two. It's been their show all season.

I've actually watched every episode this series! It's been my favorite Channel 5 series so far!

So the finale, I think either Gina or Dexter should win. I'd even be ok with Charlie winning, to be honest. My thought process is the winner should be whoever was the best housemate and had the most impact. If you take Sam or the twins out of this series, things probably would have been just about the same. But if you removed Gina, Dexter, or Charlie the series would have been drastically different. I hate when people say Gina or Dexter don't need the money. That may very well be true, but the winner should be based on their time in the house. I don't care what you are like outside the house, because I'm not watching that daily and once the show is over, I'll go back to not caring.

My dream final would be:
5th - The twins
4th - Sam
3rd - Charlie
2nd - Dexter
1st - Gina

I've actually watched every episode this series! It's been my favorite Channel 5 series so far!

So the finale, I think either Gina or Dexter should win. I'd even be ok with Charlie winning, to be honest. My thought process is the winner should be whoever was the best housemate and had the most impact. If you take Sam or the twins out of this series, things probably would have been just about the same. But if you removed Gina, Dexter, or Charlie the series would have been drastically different. I hate when people say Gina or Dexter don't need the money. That may very well be true, but the winner should be based on their time in the house. I don't care what you are like outside the house, because I'm not watching that daily and once the show is over, I'll go back to not caring.

My dream final would be:
5th - The twins
4th - Sam
3rd - Charlie
2nd - Dexter
1st - Gina

Lol, did u also post a similar comment to this on an article on bbspy? It's very similar to a comment I read earlier. Anyways, completely agree with you on this. Gina or Dexter to win! If Sam gets into the Final Two then :mad:.

Plus, Gina and Dexter were massively booed when they entered the house and were underdogs in the first week or so and Sam was the bookies' favourite to win. I hate it when the bookies get it right and I want someone who was predicted to be the least likely to win at the beginning actually ending up winning. Sorry, weird thought of mine.

What do people predict will happen? If online polls are anything to go by, the voting will be very close between Dexter, Gina and Sam.

My Prediction:

1. Dexter
2. Sam
3. Gina
4. Charlie
5. Jack and Joe

It's the same old question : why do you vote for someone to win ? Personnality or Entertainment ? Do you give the money to the one who was the biggest part of the show regardless of his/her human qualities, or do you vote for the housemate you think would deserve the money because of the person he/she is even though he might not have been the most entertaining ?

If you asked me 2 weeks ago, I would have been for Gina to win but since the Hazel thing, I don"t really want her to win. I liked that she entered as such a childish bitch, with an horrible "I'm so much better than you" attitude, always talking about how much she hated all the housemates but redeem herself, it seemed like she really grew up. But the way she handled the Hazel thing showed that she didn't. If there's something I don't like it's when bullied people turn into bullies.

Dexter has always been a meh to me. I don't really care about his character and don't really know who he is for that matter. Is he not supposed to have a girlfriend ? Did I miss something or what ?

Jack and Joe were funny the first week, now their laugh is just like noise to my ears. I find it crazy that they don't reallly exist by themself, there's basically no difference between the two of them personnality wise.

Charlie, to me, was very lucky the whole series. She found herself in entertaining situation, but she never had to do anything, other people would make it entertaining for her. Because she isn't a big character or anything, she's just that nice girl sitting next to whatever is happening and trying to get a piece of it by acting innocent. But the way she suck up to Gina irritates me along with her thing with Dexter.

Sam is clearly one (if not the) least entertaining housemate of the whole series when you look at the storylines they used. He's always sitting on the corner or saying a dirty joke you have hard time to understand because of his accent. But the last weeks, he showed more of his personnality. To me he's just a nice young boy who for some reasons ended up being the one housemates confide in. And you can say whatever you want, but he did play a very good game, he was only nominated once. So to me he's not boring, he's kinda like the UTR King of the series.

I am now for the UTR King to win!

So many valid comments here - and thanks AJ27 for your heads up about the Daily Star - it doesn't seem to be a publication that screams credibility.

I still want Sam to win (but totally respect why many of you disagree). Though with the Twins being saved first at last eviction, that seems unlikely, though maybe shifting from voting to evict to voting to save/win might mix things up, in whichever direction.

Everyone in the house has contributed in different ways and made it this far. Well done to them all and I won't be disappointed in any of them winning.

Back