Skip to main content

‘Big Brother: Secrets & Lies’

They sure were a bit experimental with their camera work during the semi-final, ey? :p

I'm the type of person who wants people that've actually, properly contributed to the show throughout its entirety to win, and for me that means Gina or Dexter. Gina, preferably.

1. Gina
2. Dexter
3. Charlie
4. Jack and Joe
5. Sam

The last two are interchangeable for me, because I dislike them both immensely. I'd say Jack and Joe to come fifth so their egos deflate a bit, but for it to really hit them they should've gone out on Friday, or a couple of weeks ago, so it's kind of irrelevant now. I just don't want them to win by any stretch of the imagination.

i agree, there are no 'deserving' winners this year. From the very first episode i never had a favourite housemate, so BB has done a good job in choosing those housemates if he wanted controversy.
Plus from other discussions and comments on youtube that i have seen, people seem to be rooting for Sam. i just see it as pitiful.. It's not about who you WANT to win, its about who you DON'T want to win

Am I in the minority? I actually really liked this series! I've been backing Gina, and to some extent Dexter, from week 2 or so. I've never even been that annoyed with Charlie. The only people in the finale I've never really cared for are the twins. While Sam hasn't been all that entertaining, he never really annoyed me.

And going beyond the final housemates, I actually liked the majority of all the housemates and was only really annoyed by a few.

nutmeg I wouldn't be too sure about that there was a decidedly public effort on other forums and twitter from Ginxter fans to vote out Sam as it would almost 100% mean one of them would win.

I am so far behind this year it is bad, but I kinda lost interest after Dan went.

i am for Sam cause I like him cause he seems game for the whole thing. He hasn't played the manipulative strings that some of the other have.

Hi, Nutmeg and Dystopia, I am from the UK myself and therefore have a bit of information which could be useful...
Many thanks for that. :)

Just watched the eviction and the subsequent BOTS. Sophie, Dexter and Gina have one thing in common: Delusions of Grandeur. It seems Sophie didn't even remotely consider that she might be the one getting evicted. She was seriously surprised... I wasn't and I gloated. Good riddance.
Strangely Emma, AJ and Rylan seemed just as surprised :confused: Maybe they never even watched the show or based their conclusions solely on what they were fed through social media or the producers gave them the same songsheet... or all of the above.

I still want Sam to win (but totally respect why many of you disagree). Though with the Twins being saved first at last eviction, that seems unlikely...
Is that actually an indication of the number of votes? I have long thought that they announce the first save according to public opinion, i.e. the jeers and cheers. This way, the TV audience won't switch the channel when the commercials start - because they always do after the first save.
In fact, I have successfully predicted as to who would be announced as having been saved first on several occasions.
Any thoughts? Has anyone else dabbled? :cool:

Not sure if they could, the voting lines freeze don't they and reopen after they announce who is safe? To falsify that would go against gaming regulations.

I was a little surprised at Sophie going, I really thought Charlie would go.

Jack & Joe received the fewest votes to evict because they had the least amount of people targeting them. Sam had many Dexter and Gina fans wanting to get him out, and Sophie had Sam fans. The casual viewers voted usually voted between Sophie and Charlie, with Sophie being evicted. However she only had 2% more than the second placed housemate, who was Sam and Charlie. Jack & Joe aren't too popular, they had just not been part of a tactical ploy in order to remove a popular housemate. Therefore not being a target.

I love how they call themselves the 'Great British Public' - so funny.

Very few actually do use that phrase. The awful host Brian Dowling used it as one of his crappy catchphrases. I'm also annoyed on the American show when the host says about things like voting for have/have not food 'it's your vote AMERICA!'. And that kind of thing is copied a bit in the Canadian and Australian shows.

Definitely backing Gina for the win - she was an excellent housemate! She's had a journey and definitely grown/changed as a person during the experience whilst always staying true to herself and providing plenty of controversy along the way!

With the finale tomorrow I am kinda sad it is ending - so glad Celebrity BB is starting so quickly. I hate to see a season end. I get over it quickly, but while I am still invested in it, it seems like a loss.

As my last post before they crown a winner, I wish all the contestants luck. I really think that it is a huge deal to expose yourself for judgement in front of hundreds of thousands or millions of viewers, so everyone who made it this far deserves to win, if only for that.

But I still hope it is Sam. Many people think that he didn't give enough to the show, but I think he deserves it for his consistent decency, his sense of humour (not the corny gags but the fluid one-liners he chucked in) and the fact that he managed all this with the barriers he has to deal with - if nothing else, he has missed some of the usual childhood development that regular kids usually enjoy. His parents didn't even know he was deaf until he was three - current early childhood education acknowledges how important those formative years are for good learning outcomes. Well done Sam.

Gina has been a cow but she never hid from that and has been kind to people in the house who other HMs were hating on, e.g. Dexter, Sam, Callum. Dexter is confusing as fuck and I don't trust him, but he has made this season - and I really think his lines are blurred between reality and what he wants to be reality - and that's not a crime. Charlie has flip-flopped her way through the show, which annoyed me, but she has been a consistently sweet girl. And I agree with Dexter about the Twins - once they stopped TRYING to be funny they actually became funny, and real.

Bring on the finale.

Not sure if they could, the voting lines freeze don't they and reopen after they announce who is safe? To falsify that would go against gaming regulations.
You are right... now that you mention it. Not sure that is a regular process though. There's just too much manipulating going on. Next season I'll take notes on paper :confused:
Gaming regulations? Are they the same as here? Do they even exist? They jeer some contestants when they enter and leave the house yet, they have regulations? Weird... ...a lawless society I always thought.

Caught the winner by accident surfing online. Worst winner since Rachel Rice (had to look up her name). It's been a great series but I'm not sure I can endure watching the finale. Seriously whyyyyyyyyyy?

I stopped watching ages ago but just searched who won. All I can say is LOL. That is terrible!

The amazing thing is that people were passionate enough to actually spend their money to make them win. Did they not watch the show? Do people vote for housemates solely due to what region they were born in?

I watched the whole series and I am so disappointed Sam won as he was not the housemate who contributed the most. It should have been Dexter or Gina and Sam third.

Back