Skip to main content

Report: "Uncertain future" after "ratings disaster"

SBS could do a great BB if they were interested. We'd get the most diverse group of HMs ever. Something like BBUK's recent season. I guess now that Seven has set a precedent with a $100k prize it's not out of the question. They put up that much for Alone Australia, after all.

SBS could do a great BB if they were interested. We'd get the most diverse group of HMs ever. Something like BBUK's recent season. I guess now that Seven has set a precedent with a $100k prize it's not out of the question. They put up that much for Alone Australia, after all.
Indeed. Plus SBS, unlike the ABC, recieve funding from advertising, which means they can use this for the winners prize money.

The Seven execs are now trying to make out this series of Big Brother was originally commissioned to only air on 7+ and was only given a 7.30pm slot on the main channel to give it some exposure.

On 7Plus, he points to Big Brother and the success of its online-only companion, Big Brother Uncut as an example of walking that tightrope well.

Ross: “Uncut has been doing fantastic streaming numbers for us, as is the series as a whole. This series was commissioned for 7plus initially, and we then were looking as to how much exposure we give the show on the main channel. I said to give it some exposure at 7:30, and that lasted a week.

“These younger-skewing shows, having them on the main channel can be a bit of a balancing act, but you want to give shows a profile to also drive people to 7plus. You can’t have them existing in a vacuum and expect people to find them.”

And if you believe that you'll believe anything!

The Seven execs are now trying to make out this series of Big Brother was originally commissioned to only air on 7+ and was only given a 7.30pm slot on the main channel to give it some exposure.

Err if you wanted an audience to engage online wouldn't you just spend money and effort with engaging with your audience online? Better social media strategies, podcast/vidcasts, forums, extra scenes on you tube etc.

every cloud has a silver lining. ;)

Looks like they final got around to setting up bigbrothercasting.com.au so it doesn't just say applications are closed.

Although its not open for applications, its open for "expressions of interest". So production are stupid and think there is a chance... 😂

I'm not sad, I'm relieved. Don't want Seven bringing that shit back again. Thank dog that pathetic era is over.
Agreed! It was nice to have it back in the beginning but it really lost touch with what it should’ve been. Why they didn’t listen to the fans is beyond me.

Not for the first time that Blackbox article clearly knows nothing more than what was known already - everybody knows it's been axed, everyone knows Seven won't confirm it'll be axed. That article provides no new information.

I am not sad at all that this iteration of BB is gone for good. With BB UK being back , it's an excellent replacement until BB Australia gets rebooted (we all know that it will be eventually) with a live format.

Channel 7 really did run the show into the ground. The concept was not faithful to the original or what fans of the series wanted. Rest it for a year or so and bring it back on Channel 10, with for the love of god in a live format.

Channel 7 really did run the show into the ground. The concept was not faithful to the original or what fans of the series wanted. Rest it for a year or so and bring it back on Channel 10, with for the love of god in a live format.
"Big Brother is going live in 2025, please welcome your host, Sonia Kruger!"

Back