Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2023 - Episode 7 & 8 Discussion (double header)

In your opinion, is Housemate Dion's personality?

• Awesome!

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Annoying!

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Mixed!

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a good thing that they won’t do another season like this. I still think 7 is our best bet atm to give a live series a go.

For if they do decide to switch to live.
giphy.gif

They could do what TVNZ did with the last season in New Zealand and dump it onto a sister channel at midday. 😂
I could be wrong but as far as I can tell this year it is on TVNZ + and that is it - I cannot see it on the schedule when I am scanning through. So they could go that way too.

I could be wrong but as far as I can tell this year it is on TVNZ + and that is it - I cannot see it on the schedule when I am scanning through. So they could go that way too.
Yeah it's online only this year.

When they picked it up after Mediaworks dumped it after one season in 2020 (and relegated it to late-night when the ratings were bad), TVNZ did 2021 online only. Presumably it pulled enough people online they then thought it would be worth their while to air VIP and 2022 on broadcast. However both failed and 2022 quickly got moved to a sister channel at midday. So they've switched back to online only this year.

Shame an international broadcaster is showing more sense than the originating network in Australia.

Yeah it's online only this year.

When they picked it up after Mediaworks dumped it after one season in 2020 (and relegated it to late-night when the ratings were bad), TVNZ did 2021 online only. Presumably it pulled enough people online they then thought it would be worth their while to air VIP and 2022 on broadcast. However both failed and 2022 quickly got moved to a sister channel at midday. So they've switched back to online only this year.

Shame an international broadcaster is showing more sense than the originating network in Australia.
TVNZ online is actually one of the best tv channel online I have used.

Are the people in the speakeasy a hologram?
They would have taped all the crowd parts first. You could see at times Dion and Taylah were alone there - that footage was obviously all taped after the crowd had left. Then the footage edited to look like the crowd was intermittently there and gone for all 36 hours. And the producer would have been instructing Dion "do the worm!" and for the crowd to do the conga and whatever. All completely orchestrated.

They would have taped all the crowd parts first. You could see at times Dion and Taylah were alone there - that footage was obviously all taped after the crowd had left. Then the footage edited to look like the crowd was intermittently there and gone for all 36 hours. And the producer would have been instructing Dion "do the worm!" and for the crowd to do the conga and whatever. All completely orchestrated.
Thanks for that timmy. I was getting confused as it all looked so real, but then I didn't think they'd be allowed to mingle with "outsiders"

If only producers here would take note of Big Brother UK and how good this current season is, because they've gone back to basics.
I am so over vacuous reality TV like Love Island and Married At First Sight and the Bachelor or Bachelors, which is all the networks in Australia want to produce, and sadly this incarnation of Big Brother is more of the same.

Channel 7 next year has some show involving honeymooning married couples being dumped on a deserted island and being made to fend for themselves, a la Survivor - yikes!

The oddest thing is how dismissive this series is not only of the core Big Brother format but Seven's own format too. We've gone from challenges and "an eviction every episode" to just 2 challenges in 8 episodes.

Continuing to catch up on last night. Sucks for Zach to go home on one vote, voted by the person who was already evicted.

The oddest thing is how dismissive this series is not only of the core Big Brother format but Seven's own format too. We've gone from challenges and "an eviction every episode" to just 2 challenges in 8 episodes.

And they’ve lost the strategic chat / alliances which is the part that I enjoyed about this different format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back