Skip to main content

Today I ........

I put a trailer load of cow manure in a compost heap last year which has been fermenting nicely over the last 12 months... I shall put a few scoops of that soil around the seedlings when I plant them to give them a kick starter... Plants love poo :biggrin:

Yeah I'm pretty sure my bird of paradise plants are starved of nutrients and need to be pulled out of the pots and given a new mix to grow in. And also, despite apparently being fine about being in full sun, I've got a slightly bigger shade cloth so they don't get blitzed quite so much. Not quite getting the tropical vibe I was looking for from the anaemic looking foliage. March and April are the two hottest months. Even with all my efforts I can't spend time out there between 11am and 3pm.

Look forward to seeing your hedge progress.

OOoohhh that does sound like a whole lot of feels!! Glad to hear you're detangling from the ex (especially if you were both co-habitating post break up). Sads about leaving your childhood home, but freakin WOO-HOO!! on moving into your first new home!!!!!!

Hope the moving gods are with you (packing & unpacking sucks soooo much) but it'll be worth it.

Here's to you :)
OGC.458bf238b217b8a3f456913948d02c0d

Thanks for the well wishes! We weren't cohabiting post breakup (she moved back to her previous living arrangement, I moved back in with the parents) but I had a storage container full of furniture and stuff from when we had lived together. It's time to associate this stuff with some happier memories. The weekend moving was stressful, but the new place is really coming together and I'm loving it.

The weekend moving was stressful, but the new place is really coming together and I'm loving it.

That's one of the upsides to moving. You get to sort your shit out and start fresh, and create your new home. Good for you.

Thanks for the well wishes! We weren't cohabiting post breakup (she moved back to her previous living arrangement, I moved back in with the parents) but I had a storage container full of furniture and stuff from when we had lived together. It's time to associate this stuff with some happier memories. The weekend moving was stressful, but the new place is really coming together and I'm loving it.
All the best and good luck for the future 🏡
I did actually say the above but forgot to add it as a quote before, and it was left hovering mid-thread with people probably wondering (again) what I'm posting about, given my ability to post in the wrong threads!
So, continue loving your new life :)

In late October when I went to collect Ruby from Phnom Penh, I pinched a bit of branch from a frangipani near her pagoda. After drying it for two days I planted it in the garden, than later transferred it into a pot. Seems to be liking it! (before and after)

Untitled-3.jpg
Untitled-4.jpg

Instead of today I ..., it's tomorrow I fly overseas for the first time since the pandemic. New York, England, Scotland. Will check in here to see what's going on when I can. Take care all XXX

Happy travels February! Hope you have a great time.

Instead of today I ..., it's tomorrow I fly overseas for the third time since the pandemic. Bali. Will check in here to see what's going on when I can. Take care all XXX

Going to a wedding and will also do some diving.

Wow that sounds great too. Happy travels!

Wow that sounds great too. Happy travels!thanks

Cheers!

Can I go on a... what do you call something that is rant like but not a rant or coming from bad place? I am kind of jacked up on adrenelin, a bit drunk just wanting to fall asleep but not sleepy.

Today I went to Bali. Alarm set for 5:15am. Managed to get out of bed about 30 mins later. One of those moments all the cost for a good automated coffee machine are worth it. Get to the airport around 7am for a 9pm flight. The whole process was quite good to be honest.

I've had flights where I have rocked up about the same time and literally been the last person to check in. When I went to Fiji last year, I literally joined a long line and no one joined behind me. Yet I was not the last person checked in because I had all my covid stuff worked out.

I have a ritual at airports. I eat a Whopper, but it was just the breakfast menu at this time :(. So I had a pint for some reason. I saw people having them, mimosa's and so why not?

My window row was two seats with no one next to me, so that's a score. For most of the flight I watch youtube streams I downloaded onto my phone. I was not awake enough to watch season three of Succession like I had hoped. There was some doozing off. Moments of awake and moments of sleep time. At one point I started watching The Man With the Golden Gun but despite liking that film it put me to sleep. When I was more awake I watched this week's South Park which was meh and pointless.

6 hour flight. Then a two and a half to three-hour private transfer. The awkward moment when he says I can sit in the front but I just want to be spread out in the back. I feel bad because he's driving all day but I am also there for the service. I listened to stuff and dozed for the first half or so of the trip. We got chatty in the last hour. He mentioned how tired I was. So I think my rudeness is averted. I'll get him to drive me other places.

Arriving in the afternoon was just dead time. Can't sleep. It's raining. If I went for a spa treatment I'd fall asleep. So I went into town, which isn't really walkable, it is but on the road. Nothing there. It's basic. This place literally is just to do the diving. There also are cool things you can do in the area. But here... there aren't even bars. Just restaurants that serve booze.

Hotel is small but nice. I'll sort out what diving I'm doing tomorrow. I'll get a massage or something. The spa treatments are all long ones. Unless it's a pedicure, which is pointless for me. Most treatments start at 90 mins for other treatments.

If people here are getting a massage, go they talk to the person? Like chit chat? I don't, but I know people who do. I think that's weird. They think it's weird not to.

Tomorrow is first proper day. I will get up, eat..... massage?... sort some diving stuff out. Dive the next day.

My big surprise at Sydney was now you have to check your bags in yourself, tag them and stick them on a conveyor belt. Scan your passport a trillion times! It was a nightmare! No one knew what they were doing. Every one was asking for help as the computers all came up.with errors. Staff all over the place helping as best they could. An absolute shamozzle. And to save a few jobs at bag check in after everyone has already checked in online ?
Absolute nightmare!

My big surprise at Sydney was now you have to check your bags in yourself, tag them and stick them on a conveyor belt. Scan your passport a trillion times! It was a nightmare! No one knew what they were doing. Every one was asking for help as the computers all came up.with errors. Staff all over the place helping as best they could. An absolute shamozzle. And to save a few jobs at bag check in after everyone has already checked in online ?
Absolute nightmare!

Self-check-in is either easy or a mess. All the staff standing around to help everyone. Why not counters? Then the worst is when there's no one to help.

When I went to NZ recently my baggage was extra heavy. At Melbourne I had a short wait to a counter. Normal check in. Paid the 4 bucks. On my way. Checking out of Auckland it was all self check in with barely in staff. I get the too heavy thing. Get printed a ticket to go pay at a desk or else my luggage won't be on my flight. Where is that desk? I don't know. I have to then hunt around to find someone who can tell me. It's an unattended counter with a line. After 15 minutes someone arrives. My issue was just tap and go the fee. The guy in front of me missed his connecting flight but his luggage didn't. Didn't know what to do. It was a simple, "go here." Yet he and people like me had to wait another 25 minutes because people infront of us had all sorts of issues like mismatching names on tickets and passports. Absolutely a worse customer experience. All the while, when not being helped there were people in Air New Zealand outfits watching us.

Slight typo there, it was a $40 fee.

Actually on top of that, further into the process of departure, the Auckland airport baggage scanning was a shit show. One lady trying to direct multible lines of people to different numbered places to put their stuff to be scanned. I swear I saw her physically assault someone going the wrong way.

Then me at my numbered station. I have a jacket. Backpack. Camera. Had to take laptop out. I needed three trays. They're there. ready for the x ray converyor. For some reason the guy wouldn't put all of mine together. So I am sitting there watching them put one of my trays, it disappears and a bunch of other trays. Then my next one. More other trays and so forth. Was so disorganized. At a basic human experience level, it's not nice to be watching all your possessions being split up and going away from you. You can never let your guard down someone won't steal something.

Anyway. Today was my last day of diving. Kind of sad I didn't do more. 12 dives over 4 days. I wish I had more days. Was great and lovely! While the want and love of doing it is still there when you're not. When you're doing it is such a good feeling that you almost forget how awesome it is. So right now I want to book another trip. While I still will in 4 months, I'll have gotten over the rush of how cool it is.

I went to Sydney last week. The last time I was there was 1999 on a business trip, I worked in the city and they put me up at a rather plush hotel in the city also. I remember they were filming The Matrix when I was there.

I noticed so many changes since I last was there. Sooooo many new big buildings. I love the harbour, and caught many ferries to places I have never been before. I ate all my meals either at or from China town. Lovely food and cheap.
This time I met friends who flew down from Brisbane & we shared an apartment on the 49th floor of a city building. It was really fun. I loved it.

aj.jpg
ak.jpg

Today i am torn - do i hold a family meeting or not?

What's my problem?

Well! I dunno if i'm leaving with a genius or a serial killer - I FOUND A PADDLE POP STICK IN THE SHOWER! Just left it in the rack with the soap. Like who da fuck ate an ice cream *in* the shower??!! what's worse, is it sat there for a week (i gave in & chucked it out *shudder*)

OGC.37c5ae62888ee51b285610983e4097e1

Today i am torn - do i hold a family meeting or not?

What's my problem?

Well! I dunno if i'm leaving with a genius or a serial killer - I FOUND A PADDLE POP STICK IN THE SHOWER! Just left it in the rack with the soap. Like who da fuck ate an ice cream *in* the shower??!! what's worse, is it sat there for a week (i gave in & chucked it out *shudder*)

OGC.37c5ae62888ee51b285610983e4097e1
Reminds me of times when I'd do the rubbish, and there'd be chocolate wrappers or whatever in the wastepaper bin in the toilet. Not a bathroom, but a separate toilet. Who sits on the bog popping choccies in their mouth???

Back