Skip to main content

Today I ........

There were two tables and chairs and an umbrella provided (see the pic above). I've brought one table and some chairs inside for the kitchen though. Once my cashflow improves I will invest in pots and plants (and a pool). Strong USD is not helping at the moment, unfortunately. In the meantime when I'm out on my bike I'm looking at roadside plants I can pilfer. :biggrin:
I'm sure given time you'll have changed it a hundred percent and have it looking just as you want it.

Paddy and Sari a surprise match. I hope that one works. She seemed so quiet and not him, but thats changed already, so fingers crossed for them.

Paddy and Sari a surprise match.

You know what's weird about that is that the two venues bombed in Bali in 2002 were Paddy's Bar and the Sari Club. And yes this is still the wrong thread but it got my attention.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, today I... bought a bunch of tropical plants and planted them in the garden beds on two sides of the concrete yard. Should start to look lush in a few months. Then I want to get one of those above ground pools. It's just a pity they are so shallow though.
1665394477157.png

You know what's weird about that is that the two venues bombed in Bali in 2002 were Paddy's Bar and the Sari Club. And yes this is still the wrong thread but it got my attention.
That is bizarre, as right now I'm listening to one of the survivors of the bombings on the TV speaking about that bar and club.

Take a before and after so we can see your results 😊
Yeah I'll wait a couple of months for them to get a good foothold. Hoping it'll look very lush and tropical. Such a shame they concreted almost the entire yard, although the garden beds get really soggy and full of puddles in the rainy season downpours (every day). Still another six weeks of rain to go.

Meanwhile, today I... bought a bunch of tropical plants and planted them in the garden beds on two sides of the concrete yard. Should start to look lush in a few months. Then I want to get one of those above ground pools. It's just a pity they are so shallow though.
View attachment 59308
Container pool out of the question?

And pots can look good too on a lot of concrete.

Container pool out of the question?

And pots can look good too on a lot of concrete.

Actually I had considered a dumpster pool. There's a size roughly 2 x 4m which is about 1.5m deep which would be ideal. Except sourcing one here could be a problem. And I have no idea what they cost. Or if I can buy outright or have to rent it? 🤷‍♂️

Either way, pool and big pots for plants will have to wait for phase two. Already cost me a bit setting up in this house as it was lacking a few things (fridge, w/m, TV unit) and I have another project in hand which I'll post about in upcoming weeks if it goes to plan.

OK here's a pic of the majority of the plants (the rest along the other wall). They all survived the transfer into the garden bed without so much as wilting. A few months and they will hopefully take hold and look less sparse.

That's a mango tree in front, and tallest one the right is a citrus (both already here when I moved in).

Untitled-4.jpg

Golly, Timmy February & Seph
I came to this site for the banter about BB
but I've stayed because of the diversity of thought
so profound sometimes it makes me feel lucky to know youse guyse (& all the rest)
Cheers!
Here's someone growing quite a lot on her little balcony garden

OK here's a pic of the majority of the plants (the rest along the other wall). They all survived the transfer into the garden bed without so much as wilting. A few months and they will hopefully take hold and look less sparse.

That's a mango tree in front, and tallest one the right is a citrus (both already here when I moved in).

View attachment 59316
Looking good Timmy!

Golly, Timmy February & Seph
I came to this site for the banter about BB
but I've stayed because of the diversity of thought
so profound sometimes it makes me feel lucky to know youse guyse (& all the rest)
Cheers!
Good. Nice to have you aboard for other topics.

Back