Today I ........

February

I think, therefore I am, I think ...
Today I was cooking dinner when the house was struck by lightning.
Made alot of banging and shaking and blew up the fusebox. No power. No internet (wifi). Limited time until my phone runs out… 😳
Wow, I hope everything gets restored to normal quickly for you.
Our building got struck by lightening years ago. When we lived in a flat.
It was really eerie and a nasty electrical smell hung in the air after. It shorted out our TV and VCR. Pre Wi-Fi days.

February

Oooooh. In the light of day we can see bits of chimney strewn throughout the garden.
Attic is full of rubble.
Oh wow. This is not a trivial repair.
Wow, that was some strike! Was it a massive storm?
I think when we got hit, it hit the aerial so no structural damage.

Thing

Garden Variety Troll.....
Awesome site donor
Today I was cooking dinner when the house was struck by lightning.
Made alot of banging and shaking and blew up the fusebox. No power. No internet (wifi). Limited time until my phone runs out… 😳
Wow, that would be my biggest fear... My house is completely made out of metal, even the walls are metal. I built it out of steel girders & cold room panels which are foam sheets sandwhiched between 2 sheets of metal. & I have used a shipping container for another room. (In case we get a cyclone, I can just retreat into the shipping container..) So in an electrical storm I sit in the middle of the room not too close to the frame or walls :biggrin:
Those flash bangs from close lightening strikes are so scary. There must be a lot of energy in a lightening strike to shatter bricks :oops: & a very tricky repair job. Mother Nature can be so mean sometimes ....

timmy

BEEUUUUWWW!!
Awesome site donor
Oooooh. In the light of day we can see bits of chimney strewn throughout the garden.
Attic is full of rubble.
Oh wow. This is not a trivial repair.

Wow, that sounds awful. Hope insurance will cover it?

My house is completely made out of metal

Are there big trees around that would more likely take a strike? Maybe you could investigate installing a lightning rod if not?

Mooseface

Little known member
Wow, that was some strike! Was it a massive storm?
I think when we got hit, it hit the aerial so no structural damage.
No not really. It was a small storm. Just really unlucky/lucky. We weren’t hit personally. I had just been out jogging in the fields - no trees - so I am glad I didn’t become a human lightning (non) conductor.

February

No not really. It was a small storm. Just really unlucky/lucky. We weren’t hit personally. I had just been out jogging in the fields - no trees - so I am glad I didn’t become a human lightning (non) conductor.
1662354165338.gif That would have been awful!

Thing

Garden Variety Troll.....
Awesome site donor
Are there big trees around that would more likely take a strike? Maybe you could investigate installing a lightning rod if not?
There are actually, all around me - I live in a small valley on top of a mountain range... I was working with some friends unloading a trailer as quickly as possible as a storm came over us. There was a lightening bolt that went horizontally above us which made all our hair stand up - it was so freaky.. we just stared at each other for a second and made a bee line for our cars & drove home (f*** the trailer :roflmao: )