Skip to main content

The Block

It’s time to get new Judges. They’re nice enough, but at this point, winning a room because of a cushion or styling is stupid. People aren’t buying the houses because of wallpaper or a nice rug.

They need a builder, a real estate agent and an interior designer. The builder judges the quality and finishes, the real estate agents judges the saleability and functionality and the interior designer judges the styling and all that bullshit that’s removed once the shows over.

Keep Darren, he’s the most tolerable out of the 3.

It’s time to get new Judges. They’re nice enough, but at this point, winning a room because of a cushion or styling is stupid. People aren’t buying the houses because of wallpaper or a nice rug.

They need a builder, a real estate agent and an interior designer. The builder judges the quality and finishes, the real estate agents judges the saleability and functionality and the interior designer judges the styling and all that bullshit that’s removed once the shows over.

Keep Darren, he’s the most tolerable out of the 3.
Many people have been saying that for years but do they listen? NO!

The current three judges also often don't agree...pointing out just how subjective the judging is...someone's trash is another man's treasure.

Many people have been saying that for years but do they listen? NO!

The current three judges also often don't agree...pointing out just how subjective the judging is...someone's trash is another man's treasure.
Exactly. Shayna and Neil bickering over whether a tile was the right shade of mustard isn’t exactly compelling viewing lol.

Still nothing that "blows my mind" unlike Darren's.T & SJ's kitchen was lovely but the tradies was better imo. Didn't care for the boys one at all...and that is coming from someone who has had an all black kitchen for many, many, years. Such ridiculous comments about A&S's styling. It's messy?..ffs that's not going to determine whether or not they get a good price for their house!

Last edited:
The way they FROTHED over T&SJ's kitchen was ridiculous. It was nice enough, but hardly worth the carry on, and definitely not a 30.

The tradies kitchen was way better. They're so tough on R&R. I personally didn't care for their kitchen either, but its hard to see them pump them each week over dumb shit. But in fairness, the cabinets were too high lol.

The way they FROTHED over T&SJ's kitchen was ridiculous. It was nice enough, but hardly worth the carry on, and definitely not a 30.

The tradies kitchen was way better. They're so tough on R&R. I personally didn't care for their kitchen either, but its hard to see them pump them each week over dumb shit. But in fairness, the cabinets were too high lol.
Totally agree. R&R's rooms are not that bad...sure they may be a bit conservative but they're not going to offend/polarize anyone either...unlike some of the other houses where you'll either love them or hate them.

The cabinets are interesting...who decided where they were hung? I thought the kitchen company installed them and surely they would know what the correct height should be?

They are reinforcing my opinion that the judges like T&DJ. It was not a 30 at all

They are reinforcing my opinion that the judges like T&DJ. It was not a 30 at all
100%
Also telling them they should do this as a career after the show. T&SJ are definitely their favourites.

Thankfully someone else agrees it wasn’t a 30. Even watching again tonight during the walkthroughs, it’s defs not a 30 haha.

It's them, as Scotty is looking to his right. And he gestures with his hand right to left. When saying no one is complaining about being disqualified.
Ah ok, thank you I didn't notice that. I like them but I wouldn't trust them, lol

Back