Skip to main content

The Bridge Australia

Why didn't they select Bushy to walk across the bridge? I am sure he would have share equally

You would think so, would't you? Maybe some of them were suspicious of his "I don't need nothing" shtick. Ironic giving him $20k really.

Also note that the people who took the cash were entirely correct in their decisions as they'd have walked away empty handed otherwise.

Ok well it's been 24 hours so SPOILERS ahead...

Well you could see the producers' hands much more obviously in the finale, especially the highly contrived tribal council, but also again in the order in which the remaining contestants walked the bridge at the end. Also Bardie obviously being told how to say "I don't have any money for you" after kind of blowing it with Elliott and Maddie. Like @the Theorist, I'd have liked to have seen a bit more of the post-prize divvying up (or not, as it turned out). Dean sure looked pissed off. But something like in BB where they get to have their say in the car while being driven away (a rowboat might work here) would have been good just to get their final, pissed off, thoughts.

Bardie played the perfect 'honest/trustworthy' game. I can understand why many of them thought she'd divide it up, I probably would have trusted her. She reminded me of Holly from Gogglebox (well, not as dumb, obviously). And Bushy would probably have been my other contender if I was voting and hadn't been sucked into an alliance.

The alliance getting exposed was terrible but also great. Definitely added a bit of drama that the finale needed. I don't think a single one of that lot would have shared the prize at all.

I really enjoyed this show. It was like 'slow reality' and I enjoyed that pacing, it suited the setting. The scenery and cinematography were beautiful. Casting was good, even though I thought the gay guys were a bit cookie-cutter cliche. Look forward to another season. Will be interesting to see how future contestants approach it, although looks to leaning a bit more into Survivor a la @Brekkie's comment above. I might search down some of the UK version.
I think you've summed it up quite well... Most of my thoughts are the same..

I was glad that the alliance with Maddison & Alira was exposed... I couldn't stand that Alira šŸ¤® & so glad to see her face when Elliot exposed them & said, "Be careful who you vote for" šŸ˜ƒ

And I agree that there should have been a 'row boat' scene where you see Dean etc spit the dummy big time... I still cant understand why he'd be super annoyed though, he was always saying to the camera that if he walks the bridge he'd keep the $$$ too..

I found the concept a bit hard to grasp at the start... You all pitch in but someone goes alone and takes it for themselves, but then, its somewhat similar to other reality shows where you help your alliance move forward to get to the end... But like BB & survivor, only one person wins and takes the money.. So I just had to think of it as a game & when they vote for someone to cross the bridge, they're in fact voting for someone to win the game....

I found it interesting that during the 'speeches' various people stated they would definitely split the $$$, but they never said how they would split it... And no one quizzed them on it either, would you split it evenly or take $199,000 for yourself and give everyone else $100 - technically, that is splitting it, just not evenly.... :)

Worth noting too in the British version (and others I think) they didn't pre-select who would cross the bridge. Instead they all crossed the bridge and only found out upon reaching the prize that only one would win it.

I get the impression this series kind of fizzled out in the end - perhaps too focused on the end point rather than the journey of getting there given they knew from the start what the endpoint would be.

I found it interesting that during the 'speeches' various people stated they would definitely split the $$$, but they never said how they would split it... And no one quizzed them on it either, would you split it evenly or take $199,000 for yourself and give everyone else $100 - technically, that is splitting it, just not evenly.... :)
haha I noted that too, and would have totally played it the same way.

The second series of every other version has seen the same twist...

Two teams on separate beaches racing to build a bridge first
I like that twist, it would certainly get them motivated to make the bridge faster :biggrin:
I love Elliot the most
I had a thing for Maddison's legs šŸ˜, especially when he was straining them in those shorts... all those muscles & bits flexing šŸ’•

Worth noting too in the British version (and others I think) they didn't pre-select who would cross the bridge. Instead they all crossed the bridge and only found out upon reaching the prize that only one would win it.

I get the impression this series kind of fizzled out in the end - perhaps too focused on the end point rather than the journey of getting there given they knew from the start what the endpoint would be.
Why give them $100 when you can give them $0.01? šŸ˜‰

So I see in Nine's Upfronts, they have a show called Not The Bridge The Summit.

The Summit (aka The Money Trail)
In the rugged Alps of New Zealandā€™s southern island, a group of strangers will embark on an epic quest unlike anything ever seen. With their backpacks containing an equal share of 1 million dollars, the group must reach the peak of a distant mountain in just 14 days to win the cash theyā€™re carrying. Along the journey theyā€™ll need to work as a team as they tackle dangerous terrain, wild conditions and overcome adrenaline-charged challenges that block their path to the mountain. But what happens when members of the group fall behind, will the rest of the trekkers slow down and risk not reaching it up the mountain in time? Or will they cut them loose and press ahead to cash in?

In a thrilling tale of endurance, survival and greed; morals will be tested, physical limits pushed, and bonds broken. Will they reach the summit in time and who will walk away with the money? A blockbuster action adventure filled with cliff-hangers; this is The Summitā€¦getting up is just the beginning! The Summit is a 9Network and Endemol Shine Australia (A Banijay company) original series, produced by Endemol Shine Australia.

I really enjoyed this.

I loved seeing Elliott slip over on the bridge. And Bardie has since bought a new work ute and has her branding on it. She hasn't posted pictures wearing her construction uniform for awhile so it's possible she has launched her own business.

So I see in Nine's Upfronts, they have a show called Not The Bridge The Summit.

The Summit (aka The Money Trail)
In the rugged Alps of New Zealandā€™s southern island, a group of strangers will embark on an epic quest unlike anything ever seen. With their backpacks containing an equal share of 1 million dollars, the group must reach the peak of a distant mountain in just 14 days to win the cash theyā€™re carrying. Along the journey theyā€™ll need to work as a team as they tackle dangerous terrain, wild conditions and overcome adrenaline-charged challenges that block their path to the mountain. But what happens when members of the group fall behind, will the rest of the trekkers slow down and risk not reaching it up the mountain in time? Or will they cut them loose and press ahead to cash in?

In a thrilling tale of endurance, survival and greed; morals will be tested, physical limits pushed, and bonds broken. Will they reach the summit in time and who will walk away with the money? A blockbuster action adventure filled with cliff-hangers; this is The Summitā€¦getting up is just the beginning! The Summit is a 9Network and Endemol Shine Australia (A Banijay company) original series, produced by Endemol Shine Australia.
This must be the 'Reality TV Show' format for this decade... Come up with anything, build a bridge, climb a mountain.... & the standard twist is to only allow one person to get the $$$$... thus we have a great show in the eyes of the producers.... I think Gordon Gecko from the 80's lost all his money on the share market & became a reality tv show producer... Greed is Good.... :cool:

Yes, well there's the domino show, Lego ripoff. And for The Summit, the conversation was probably something like this:

"We have to make our show different enough that people won't notice"
- "I know! Instead of the contestants going to the destination to collect a bunch of cash, let's give them the cash and make them take it to the destination!"
"Brilliant!"

Madison has spoken to Benjamin Norris. Some of us already knew but confirmed that Madison had actually applied for Big Brother. Shame he wasnā€™t, to be honest.

At just six episodes they made a big mistake not releasing it all at once considering the initial interest was high but fizzled out almost immediately. Had episodes 4, 5 and 6 been there at the beginning suspect more viewers would have made it to the end.

I just caught up. As much as I did enjoy this I found the ending to be extremely foreshown in the edit. There was constant positivity for Bardie throughout and so much foreshadowing of people saying they want her to be the one to cross the bridge. In retrospect it was also heavily implied in Bardie's confessionals that she would take most if not all of the money if she was the one to be chosen to cross the bridge. I will admit however, I was shocked when she chose to take it for herself and only shared with Bushy. I was happy with the result because I really did like her and it was nice to see someone of her archetype win a show which doesn't happen very often down under. Her social game must have been incredible out there.

I think this was a good cast, I liked a lot of them. I really did appreciate the strategic minds of Allira and Maddison. I did like Tony and Tiana's story arcs, I particularly liked how Tiana's story ended. I enjoyed the drama Rhiannon brought early on, I did also like Bushy, Jessi and Justin as likeable figures. Dean and Georgie annoyed me the most with how much on their high horse they were. Maddie and Steve were IMO the duds of the cast. Elliot was fairly unimportant but mega cute. I feel like had there been more episodes I would have enjoyed this group a lot more.

I agree with most of the comments about wanting to see reactions after Bardie's decision (specifically Dean) and would also like to see some form of reunion type show to see them discuss the series. I think there is potential for the show to become really great but I also expect it to decrease in quality in all honesty if it returns for future seasons. Overall it probably the standout AU reality TV show I've watched this year.

I just caught up. As much as I did enjoy this I found the ending to be extremely foreshown in the edit. There was constant positivity for Bardie throughout and so much foreshadowing of people saying they want her to be the one to cross the bridge. In retrospect it was also heavily implied in Bardie's confessionals that she would take most if not all of the money if she was the one to be chosen to cross the bridge. I will admit however, I was shocked when she chose to take it for herself and only shared with Bushy. I was happy with the result because I really did like her and it was nice to see someone of her archetype win a show which doesn't happen very often down under. Her social game must have been incredible out there.

I think this was a good cast, I liked a lot of them. I really did appreciate the strategic minds of Allira and Maddison. I did like Tony and Tiana's story arcs, I particularly liked how Tiana's story ended. I enjoyed the drama Rhiannon brought early on, I did also like Bushy, Jessi and Justin as likeable figures. Dean and Georgie annoyed me the most with how much on their high horse they were. Maddie and Steve were IMO the duds of the cast. Elliot was fairly unimportant but mega cute. I feel like had there been more episodes I would have enjoyed this group a lot more.

I agree with most of the comments about wanting to see reactions after Bardie's decision (specifically Dean) and would also like to see some form of reunion type show to see them discuss the series. I think there is potential for the show to become really great but I also expect it to decrease in quality in all honesty if it returns for future seasons. Overall it probably the standout AU reality TV show I've watched this year.
Iā€™m at home having a sick day and stumbled across this thread. Iā€™m glad you appreciated the strategic mind! I tried lol. Unfortunately most people didnā€™t realise it was a game or realised too late.

Disappointingly I feel like with only 6 episodes there was a lot that people missed. Hopefully a season 2 (or ā€œThe Summitā€, which I agree looks like the same premise on a mountain lol), will be longer so more of the storylines can be told.

Iā€™m at home having a sick day and stumbled across this thread. Iā€™m glad you appreciated the strategic mind! I tried lol. Unfortunately most people didnā€™t realise it was a game or realised too late.

Disappointingly I feel like with only 6 episodes there was a lot that people missed. Hopefully a season 2 (or ā€œThe Summitā€, which I agree looks like the same premise on a mountain lol), will be longer so more of the storylines can be told.
So did Dean have a meltdown after the cameras stopped rolling? Or anyone really?

Back