Skip to main content

The Bridge Australia

I can’t stand most of the masculine toxicity and narcissism from most of the straight men on this, especially Dean and Tony.

I'm glad one of Jonesy and Dean is gone. And apparently Tony has said sexist shit, so I'm probably swayed by the fact I think he has a beautiful face, and because of that I find him the most attractive man there. Mmmm those dark, smouldering eyes.

ETA he dug himself a big hole at the end there though. Oops.

Last edited:
Episode 5 was very uneventful. The episode was mostly (pretty much entirely) filler, with constant flashbacks to last episode’s campfire chat and contestant packages, up until the final 15-ish minutes. I feel as though this is the point where viewers might lose interest, if they haven’t already.

I don’t blame
Tiana
for “betraying” the team. When you have that kind of opportunity, and little chance of actually making it to the end anyway, you’d honestly be stupid not to. I did enjoy the idea of the twist, though. No doubt the unfolding reactions and drama will be interesting to watch… but really shit we didn’t get to see literally any of it in this episode.

Confirmed that next week is the finale - thankfully. After the latest episode, as well as only getting one instalment a week, it’s becoming quite drawn out.

Difficult to imagine them actually completing the bridge in time now.

Also, I still hate Dean.

I love Elliot the most
I actually usually like strategic games players. But I have to give him props for sticking to his guns and refusing to join the alliance with Madison and Allira etc and not going around telling anyone about it either. Genuine guy.

I’d love for them to send him across the bridge …. And then him to keep the money to himself 😈 haha

I’d love for them to send him across the bridge …. And then him to keep the money to himself 😈 haha
It's going to be so anticlimactic if the person who crosses the bridge (if they even finish it in time) doesn't take it for themselves. Purely for entertainment purposes, I'd love it to be someone they think they can wholeheartedly trust to split it... who then turns around and decides not to.

It's going to be so anticlimactic if the person who crosses the bridge (if they even finish it in time) doesn't take it for themselves. Purely for entertainment purposes, I'd love it to be someone they think they can wholeheartedly trust to split it... who then turns around and decides not to.
I definitely agree.

Even though I’d like to presume the best of humanity and see the amount of effort most have put into this challenge be rewarded with some money, it will make for a far more interesting finale for someone they thought they could trust to just take the money. Or to only share it with a select few!

I don’t blame
Tiana
for “betraying” the team. When you have that kind of opportunity, and little chance of actually making it to the end anyway, you’d honestly be stupid not to. I did enjoy the idea of the twist, though. No doubt the unfolding reactions and drama will be interesting to watch… but really shit we didn’t get to see literally any of it in this episode.

I also agree that it made sense for the betrayal to happen. The amount of money is in almost every version of what might happen at the end probably more than she could have walked away with.
That said, I also would like to see more fallout. Can you imagine how you would feel as one left behind?
It is hard to see how they are going to complete in the time remaining, but I’d imagine production will give them a helping hand. Have any international series failed to finish the build? That would be very anticlimactic.

I actually usually like strategic games players. But I have to give him props for sticking to his guns and refusing to join the alliance with Madison and Allira etc and not going around telling anyone about it either. Genuine guy.

I haven’t caught up on everything yet, I just think he’s a cutie 🤣🤣🤣

I’ve accidentally seen spoilers for every episode and I keep forgetting to watch them. I need to make time to sit down and catch up on the last few eps.

Bartie is one of my favourites so far as a character.

I haven’t caught up on everything yet, I just think he’s a cutie 🤣🤣🤣

I’ve accidentally seen spoilers for every episode and I keep forgetting to watch them. I need to make time to sit down and catch up on the last few eps.

Bartie is one of my favourites so far as a character.
Haha I think I kinda gathered that 🤣

It certainly looks like she’s the fave to be voted to cross the bridge.

I think there could be a few interesting endings, but only if they don't split it completely... It would be interesting if someone took the $$$ and said, "I've decided to split it with these people but not you guys because you had a secret alliance that cut the rest of us out, so bite me" :roflmao:

Boooorrrriiiinnggg.

Maddison, Allira, Tiana and Steven carried the show from start to end. It’s a shame the majority of contestants were bland and stupid. I have so many choice words when it comes to Dean and Elliott…

Oh well. Glad it’s finished now.

I didn't watch this, or have plans to, but curious as to how it played out?
Did they get across and did they keep the money or split it?

I just watched the finale. I really thoroughly enjoyed this show. I didn’t even mind the 4 week drop schedule. I think any longer would not have helped, but it was the right amount of time to hold interest for me.

So Bardie only shared 20k with Bushie and kept the rest for herself. She kind of spoiled the suspense by telling Elliot and Maddy she was keeping the money as opposed to just saying I’ve got no money for you. But then she did end up giving money to Bushie so maybe that was the surprise they were going for.

I would like to think I would share the money, but I think her explanation of how the money would change her life is valid and it would be an excruciating decision. Maybe I would keep half and split the rest. Who knows.

I would be interested to know what the others would have done? I think most all would have taken the cash. The one exception might have been Dean.

Savage neatly got it haha. That would have been funny. I would have liked to have seen a clip of their feelings after walking away from Bardie, wonder how they REALLY felt. Maybe some sparks from Dean.

So are Elliott and Maddy a couple now? Anyone know?

And yeah I agree @timmy the final TC was GREAT! They probably should have gotten the impression that Bardie wasn’t really going to share when she talked about starting a business. She was gonna need more than 20k haha. But maybe it was a case of they all knew basically no one was going to share it and they deemed her most deserving.

Keen to see a future season and what twists it might bring.

I just watched the finale. I really thoroughly enjoyed this show. I didn’t even mind the 4 week drop schedule. I think any longer would not have helped, but it was the right amount of time to hold interest for me.

So Bardie only shared 20k with Bushie and kept the rest for herself. She kind of spoiled the suspense by telling Elliot and Maddy she was keeping the money as opposed to just saying I’ve got no money for you. But then she did end up giving money to Bushie so maybe that was the surprise they were going for.

I would like to think I would share the money, but I think her explanation of how the money would change her life is valid and it would be an excruciating decision. Maybe I would keep half and split the rest. Who knows.

I would be interested to know what the others would have done? I think most all would have taken the cash. The one exception might have been Dean.

Savage neatly got it haha. That would have been funny. I would have liked to have seen a clip of their feelings after walking away from Bardie, wonder how they REALLY felt. Maybe some sparks from Dean.

So are Elliott and Maddy a couple now? Anyone know?

And yeah I agree @timmy the final TC was GREAT! They probably should have gotten the impression that Bardie wasn’t really going to share when she talked about starting a business. She was gonna need more than 20k haha. But maybe it was a case of they all knew basically no one was going to share it and they deemed her most deserving.

Keen to see a future season and what twists it might bring.
When it became apparent that Bushy was last to cross the bridge, I guessed that Bardie was going to give him something, too. I'm just spewing we didn't get to see Dean find out about this on-screen...

On that, what I would have loved to see is a "reunion" or a final circle session where they were able to delve into one last Q&A post bridge build. Not least because I'd have really liked to see the others' reactions to particular events... Dean finding out that Bushy got some money being one, but also everyone finding out Tony took the $10k.

And yes, according to social media Elliot and Maddy seem to be dating (and are currently overseas together).

Ok well it's been 24 hours so SPOILERS ahead...

Well you could see the producers' hands much more obviously in the finale, especially the highly contrived tribal council, but also again in the order in which the remaining contestants walked the bridge at the end. Also Bardie obviously being told how to say "I don't have any money for you" after kind of blowing it with Elliott and Maddie. Like @the Theorist, I'd have liked to have seen a bit more of the post-prize divvying up (or not, as it turned out). Dean sure looked pissed off. But something like in BB where they get to have their say in the car while being driven away (a rowboat might work here) would have been good just to get their final, pissed off, thoughts.

Bardie played the perfect 'honest/trustworthy' game. I can understand why many of them thought she'd divide it up, I probably would have trusted her. She reminded me of Holly from Gogglebox (well, not as dumb, obviously). And Bushy would probably have been my other contender if I was voting and hadn't been sucked into an alliance.

The alliance getting exposed was terrible but also great. Definitely added a bit of drama that the finale needed. I don't think a single one of that lot would have shared the prize at all.

I really enjoyed this show. It was like 'slow reality' and I enjoyed that pacing, it suited the setting. The scenery and cinematography were beautiful. Casting was good, even though I thought the gay guys were a bit cookie-cutter cliche. Look forward to another season. Will be interesting to see how future contestants approach it, although looks to leaning a bit more into Survivor a la @Brekkie's comment above. I might search down some of the UK version.

Yeah we definitely needed something more. Whether it would be a full reunion episode or even just a post interview monologue or like the car interview on BB.

I really enjoyed it, but I wonder whether I will continue to enjoy it. Now that the first episode is done and known, I highly doubt many if any people would share the money at the end, there really is very little reason to share the money other than needing to face each player to tell them they are not getting anything in return for their shared efforts in building the bridge.

Also I think it would take the suspense out of the moral dilemmas. Again, there’s absolutely no reason not to take money out of the kitty if offered as the chance of getting anything at the end is slim to none.

I wonder if Bardie got any counselling from producers? It's obvious that Dean and Bushy were kept until last for a reason (in Dean's case knowing he was second last, and having to see the case still filled with stacks of cash). Bushy being last seemed like too much of a coincidence that he turned out to be the only beneficiary.

I wonder if Bardie got any counselling from producers? It's obvious that Dean and Bushy were kept until last for a reason (in Dean's case knowing he was second last, and having to see the case still filled with stacks of cash). Bushy being last seemed like too much of a coincidence that he turned out to be the only beneficiary.
When she decided to keep the money I believe there would have been a discussion about the decision she made. So once she made up her mind then it was decided the order to walk the bridge, I think.
I can't see how they would be able to do another show like this, no one will trust any more. If she could not be trusted I would for sure not trust any one.
Why didn't they select Bushy to walk across the bridge? I am sure he would have share equally

Back