Skip to main content

Deaths of Minor Celebrities

Love this song too. I never even knew she was on the Horses song until saw it on news.com. She was known for so many other things, like this and Melting pot from When the cats away, as well as her solo work.
I've posted a few clips in the What are you listening to? thread. Room the Echoes was Peking Man's biggest hit. I remember it was #1 for weeks. There were two different videos for it but this one at least has her in it, the other was a stylised computer generated animation? Aussies will only know her for her solo work, so I thought I'd post those older clips. She was so stunning.

What a loss. I'm actually really upset at this news, probably because she was only 57 and that's not much older than me.

It's a shame that nothing by Peking Man charted in Australia.
'Melting Pot' by When The Cats Away did scrape in, followed by 13 solo singles and a duet with Rick Price, plus the uncredited vocals on 'The Horses' which really lifted that song.

The fact they used a model to mime her lines in the video didn’t encourage people to ever associate the song with her.
weird... if they wanted a good looking person on the video she is was gorgeous anyway.

The fact they used a model to mime her lines in the video didn’t encourage people to ever associate the song with her.
She was out of the country when that video got taped, according to this Daily Mail article. "In retrospect it was probably a little bit silly because the song was so huge. But at the time I was young and a bit stupid, I did what I thought was right. But it was absolutely no disrespect to Daryl."

weird... if they wanted a good looking person on the video she is was gorgeous anyway.

She was out of the country when that video got taped, according to this Daily Mail article. "In retrospect it was probably a little bit silly because the song was so huge. But at the time I was young and a bit stupid, I did what I thought was right. But it was absolutely no disrespect to Daryl."
Yes, it was ultimately her decision not to be in the video, I still think it’s not quite right to put her vocals onto someone else. Backing vocals coming from nowhere is fine in a video.

Yes, it was ultimately her decision not to be in the video, I still think it’s not quite right to put her vocals onto someone else. Backing vocals coming from nowhere is fine in a video.

I agree, that would have been better.

😢 Queen Elizabeth 😢
What a shock.
I don't think Her Majesty's death sort of fits into this thread, she is (or was) a major celebrity ... So sad, pity she didn't make it to 100, she could have written herself a congratulatory letter...

I don't think Her Majesty's death sort of fits into this thread, she is (or was) a major celebrity ... So sad, pity she didn't make it to 100, she could have written herself a congratulatory letter...
Yes, by the time I thought that, it was too late. I think the shock at 6am didn't have me thinking straight.
Maybe @Brekkie could remove it for me?

Back