Skip to main content

BBAU Rewatch

The only thing I remember is Tim after he won while they were talking to Jade walking around the empty house saying I don't want to leave. I think he contemplated jumping in the pool but he had his good clothes on? But the rest of that finale is a blur to me.
The walk through the house part was the only thing I enjoyed for Tim on the night. But even then, it was cut short because it wasn’t us viewing Tim on his own without production involvement. And then it was all over. It was like announcing the winner of the voice or something. Would have liked camera shots on hms reactions that he won, just something more. They are wasted so much time on prior segments.

I feel like a lot is missed without the feeds like the 2013 one, I probably could have benefited from reeding the daily feed.

So if I was to start watching 2006, is there a summary of each days feeds to read while viewing?

Interesting point and totally agree. I think Tahan had more life experiences. you’re right her family instilled a strong sense of identity in her and also strong values which she proudly shares. She also learnt through life lessons how ro rely on herself. Going to Melbourne for uni on her own and bf dumped her so she made it through on her own. She knows she’s capable.
I think that's the key to casting in general - it's casting people who have a story to tell and have had to exist outside of their own bubble. It's not even about age - a 19 year old may bring much more to the table than a thirty something in that regard.

I think that's the key to casting in general - it's casting people who have a story to tell and have had to exist outside of their own bubble. It's not even about age - a 19 year old may bring much more to the table than a thirty something in that regard.

Agreed 10000% I think Aleisha is someone who is a great example of this. Life experience IMO should be measured by quality of quantity. A person can have lived a long time without much having happened to them to create a large impact, whereas Aleisha had more life experience than your average 21 year old.

That’s true. They should also cast on how a person reacts, get an idea on whether they hold back for other purposes. For example someone like Matt did have a story, a very interesting background- but did he hold back? I guess he did because he seemed to play it safe and not get involved a lot of times. Jade did too gathering from comments made by Tahan as she wanted to make it in acting so was careful about how she came across. So was it lack of life experiences alone there, I’m not so sure. But zcsund gave a good example of age being irrelevant.

Was watching Vesna’s eviction and the Big Brother 2005 finale for fun.

I just love how much the audience were there for Vesna. They were chanting her name! (On both shows) So iconic. 😁

Vesna will forever be a legendary housemate!
9-BA0-CCCE-4-AF2-4537-B801-C59-CB370-B7-DE.jpg

I say go ahead if you have questions; It’s off season, and honestly, there’s no point to a forum if you don’t discuss things.
haha Thanks for the encouragement. Did you guys have favourites from the start? Were you happy w/their gameplay?

Leah was one of those housemates that I thought was gonna be memorable after seeing her intro package and then she was just kinda just there until she left. 03 had some very memorable housemates but a ton who were fairly uninteresting too (her, Claire, both Jamie's, Vincent, Patrick).

I suspect if we remembered housemates by their intros rather than their time in the house how we rated former housemates would end up quite different. I think quite a few found out the hard way that being the interesting one amongst their own friendship group doesn't translate to being the interesting one in any group of people.

haha Thanks for the encouragement. Did you guys have favourites from the start? Were you happy w/their gameplay?
Like, for the season that just aired? Because pre-season I was absolutely rooting for the series to be be a banger just off including Tim alone, and ended up giving up halfway through because the it got way too stale and formulaic. Didn’t help that the newbies were portrayed as rather 2d either.

Recently finished a watch through of 2012, and even now I’m still not sure how Ben won. There’s glimpses where I kinda get it, but even in the final week the editing was undercutting him being nasty to Estelle. Production definitely fucked up showing the voting percentages final week, but I think it was more borne of a desire to make the vote more tense for viewers than rigging in his favour. Still, hard not to feel like it was Estelle’s to win after Michael; though for better or worse, the unpredictability of Australia’s vote does give it a better sense of excitement than today’s curated edit.

Next on my todo list is 2014, though I doubt I’ll figure out how Ryan won there either.

Like, for the season that just aired? Because pre-season I was absolutely rooting for the series to be be a banger just off including Tim alone, and ended up giving up halfway through because the it got way too stale and formulaic. Didn’t help that the newbies were portrayed as rather 2d either.

Recently finished a watch through of 2012, and even now I’m still not sure how Ben won. There’s glimpses where I kinda get it, but even in the final week the editing was undercutting him being nasty to Estelle. Production definitely fucked up showing the voting percentages final week, but I think it was more borne of a desire to make the vote more tense for viewers than rigging in his favour. Still, hard not to feel like it was Estelle’s to win after Michael; though for better or worse, the unpredictability of Australia’s vote does give it a better sense of excitement than today’s curated edit.

Next on my todo list is 2014, though I doubt I’ll figure out how Ryan won there either.
Golly! Thanks for the truly in depth reply to my query. Now I wonder what other show I can ask you about lol. I found this site in April 2021. I have a discord group of friends who have watched telly together since 2008. We're mostly Yanks, but we started w/BBUSA & BBUK way back when. They are sensitive to spoilers & I prefer to know. If I don't like a result, I'll skip an episode or may stop watching a series altogether. Thus I loved finding youse guyse.Cheers!
Post script
Did they change the voice of BB? He seemed (blush) sexier, cheekier & um...more teasingly fun last year imho lol Crushing on a voice, why yes I am that shallow!

Last edited:
Back