Skip to main content

Hunted Australia - Channel 10

One other thing I didn't get is how each team supposedly has one embedded operator but when they split up they manage to film both of them. Magic of TV and all that I assume.
One runner has to always have go pros attached. They dispatch another camera operator asap.

So in the last week I decided to get a vpn and go to the ch4 site and watch ukhunted. In that week I've seen season 4 5 6 and just today started on season 1. Their version is magnificent. It moves so quick you.dont really get bothered by the BS from our version. Hearing Ben say fuck a few times is kinda funny. I love ukhunted a lot.
The ending to season 6 actually had me jump out of my seat and clap and cheer. I was fkn happy for the winners.

There is a big twist they could use in a future season. Turn the tables. Have a season where the hunters become the hunted.
Let's see Ben Owen try to get to the end.

OK confession time, I stuck with it. :)

I think that's what happened with the 2 that were caught at Ballarat..

Meanwhile, when the hunters arrived and looked for the two guys on the platform, once again it was edited to make it appear like they had just missed them, with the train shown pulling away. But duh, the first place the hunters would look would be the platform the first train departs from, not other platforms. And how many platforms would be in use at Ballarat anyway?

OK confession time, I stuck with it. :)

Meanwhile, when the hunters arrived and looked for the two guys on the platform, once again it was edited to make it appear like they had just missed them, with the train shown pulling away. But duh, the first place the hunters would look would be the platform the first train departs from, not other platforms. And how many platforms would be in use at Ballarat anyway?
The story is too coincidental. The Hunters upon working out they took that pic in Ballarat went straight to the train station??? Why? They were alerted to a card transaction at the hotel, wouldn't you go there first?

Yes that rubbish where they just missed them, oh pullleeease, this is the crap that brings this show down.. It would be much more exciting if they time stamped their train departure vs Hunters arrival at the station, so we could see how close or far away they are... I mean what a croc of shit - if they were so SURE to go to the train station first... Then apparently just missed them and saw the last train carriage departing then why not send another team to intercept the train a few stations along the line & walk through it ???

They make out like they're right on their heels but oh no, they got on a train.. damn.. oh well nothing we can do now... lets drive off somewhere else... :rolleyes:

I think you're letting your scepticism get in the way of your enjoyment.

These chance captures happen - there was one in the last UK series where they both pulled into the same supermarket car park (fugitives after lunch, hunters after petrol). I suspect often in the real world too the long term fugitives where police probably wouldn't be out every day looking for them anymore are often caught by a chance sighting than off the back of intelligence.

The story is too coincidental. The Hunters upon working out they took that pic in Ballarat went straight to the train station??? Why? They were alerted to a card transaction at the hotel, wouldn't you go there first?
Because it's no good being a step behind the fugitives. They knew that those taking a picture to bait them and somewhat reveal their location and those checking out of a hotel by paying would be on their way out of the place so the train station is the most likely route out of there. It makes sense to send your available ground teams there first rather than going to the hotel to find out they've gone to the train station.

If they can block their ATM cards, then why didn't they just block every ones cards on day 1 ???
They don't explain things enough to remove doubt.
I find it rather coincidental that they seem to find peoples contacts the same day they make plans with them...
They've been on the run for 2 weeks and they haven't come across Puneets contact until today, which just so happens to be the day they decide to use him & the Hunters decide to track his friends phone, how fortunate :rolleyes: Same with Livinia - they happen to track Paddy the day they contact him. Not 1 week ago or 2 days ago - but today...

I do enjoy the concept of what the show is about, but I don't think they've executed it very well. I will watch the next few nights but I doubt if I will watch another season.

I do enjoy the concept of what the show is about, but I don't think they've executed it very well. I will watch the next few nights but I doubt if I will watch another season.
How are the recent ratings?

I, and everyone I know who watched, never continued past week 1. I sorta agree with you. It got a bit same-same too quickly.

Meh, I’ve checked out, sick of yelling at the tv in frustration. I agree with Thing, it’s all very coincidental, maybe if the hunters showed more of their failures, it would be a little more believable. Also not telling the viewers the rules is stupid, I have had to tell numerous people the rules I heard in here, as they don’t get it, don’t understand why the hunted don’t just lie low out bush for a week, or why they don’t just withdraw all the money in the beginning.
The bus driver who lagged on the girls knows they didn’t commit a crime, because it said so on the poster, he’s just an ass who wanted to be on tv is my guess. I reckon he might cop a bit of flack for it too, most Aussies don’t like a dobber.
The head Aussie copper makes me laugh and is the only enjoyment I get out of the show, his line about hide and seek and find had me cracking up…what an idiot, it was nice to see The Cheap Seats giving it to him too. He strikes me as a cop who gets his info any way he can “squeeze it out of them”. I also love how pissed he was that there is a copper in the hunted pack😆
I’m calling it now, if anyone wins, it will be the cop and the hairdresser, I don’t think head cop could take the shame of anyone else beating them.

I would still be watching but for the Comm Games...they take precedence over any show for me. I might do catch up if I have time.

It does make you wonder. If any of these detectives and cops are 'real', aren't they embarrassed to be doing a silly tv show rather than catching real criminals?

It does make you wonder. If any of these detectives and cops are 'real', aren't they embarrassed to be doing a silly tv show rather than catching real criminals?
My guess is the older cops are retired and seeking a bit of extra income.

How are the recent ratings?

I, and everyone I know who watched, never continued past week 1. I sorta agree with you. It got a bit same-same too quickly.
a.jpg

It appears a lot of viewers have similar experiences as you & your friends - figures seem to suggest it tanked slightly after week 1...

My guess is the older cops are retired and seeking a bit of extra income.

View attachment 59162

It appears a lot of viewers have similar experiences as you & your friends - figures seem to suggest it tanked slightly after week 1...

How does it show that? The ratings increased or stayed similar for 2 out of the 3 week 2 episodes and week 2 hasn't had catch up ratings added in yet.

I don’t think Lavinia has much of a chance now that she is by herself and has stayed in the bus. But gosh it would be satisfying for her to get away from the hunters right now.

I’m not sure that I’ll watch next season but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this season. Looking forward to the final episode and while I’ve wanted to cop and the hairdresser to win all season, I’d be okay with Stathi avoiding capture at this point.

If they can block their ATM cards, then why didn't they just block every ones cards on day 1 ???
It's a tracking tool so blocking them immediately removes one of their main resources.

The cynicism here is similar to what we had in the first couple of UK series but once you get past that and accept like in every other reality show the "reality" is within the confines of making a TV show for viewers to enjoy then it really stands out amongst other shows in the genre.

As for the last couple of nights. A bus is somewhat riskier than a train with only one exit point, and staying on it was just giving the hunters time. As for Staffi and Matt - if you're a drag queen arranging a meet knowing the call has probably been intercepted you don't go in full drag.

Still intrigued to see how the prize is split if one pair and one individual makes it but I imagine at least one will get caught. Wouldn't be surprised if the copper wins to see him hired as a Hunter next time around.

I know we're supposed to suspend disbelief and the hunters are supposed to pretend they only rely on what they're supposed to know - but surely it's a lot easier to find someone by finding the only ones who are being chased by a camera crew?
"We're looking for a couple of six foot drag queens"
"Roger! I have a dozen of them in my line of sight."
"Äre any of them being followed by a film crew?"
"Yes, there are two... umm I mean, I don't know, you said I'm not supposed to notice that..."

It's a tracking tool so blocking them immediately removes one of their main resources.

The cynicism here is similar to what we had in the first couple of UK series but once you get past that and accept like in every other reality show the "reality" is within the confines of making a TV show for viewers to enjoy then it really stands out amongst other shows in the genre.

As for the last couple of nights. A bus is somewhat riskier than a train with only one exit point, and staying on it was just giving the hunters time. As for Staffi and Matt - if you're a drag queen arranging a meet knowing the call has probably been intercepted you don't go in full drag.

Still intrigued to see how the prize is split if one pair and one individual makes it but I imagine at least one will get caught. Wouldn't be surprised if the copper wins to see him hired as a Hunter next time around.
They are tracked every time the card is accessed anyway, so I think it might be an odd choice to give them a debit card and then restrict the use of it. Future teams will remember this event and might either;
1. Withdraw all the $$ at the first atm they come across after the game begins (removing future tracking ability for the Hunters {providing they can withdraw all the $$ at once - we are not told the rules so we don't know if this withdrawing everything at once is allowed or not}).
2. Teams will not use it at all thinking it is possibly blocked (removing the tracking tool from Hunters altogether)
3. Just give it to someone else and say it probably wont work anyway but try it in 4 or 5 days when we are over the other side of the state & put a ski mask on or some disguise so they cant see your face. (throwing Hunters way off & rendering a good tracking tool useless)
I find myself oddly conflicted at how annoyed I am at the presence of a camera guy or crew & possibly a producer floating nearby vs say Survivor where the exact same is happening, yet you never seem to bother about them in that show. I think it is because they are so well concealed from the edit, whereas in Hunted you see the camera guy either in the car with them or closely following them in the street sometimes. I guess to enjoy it - you just have to get over it...

Which brings me to Matt's capture - he was hiding behind a tree up the street but where was his camera guy? Was it him standing out of the footpath filming him that the Hunters saw to alert them ??? I suppose if you are a fugitive in this show, then its incumbent upon you to realise that if you go into a high risk zone - your camera guy has to be considered as a risk of your position being noticed.

I have noticed on nearly all vehicle transports where a friend, Airbnb host, member of the public etc drives them somewhere - there is a big perspex divider between the front seat and the back seat. So I am guessing this is some sort of covid precaution that the production team had to implement, as not many people have these in their cars as a standard thing. So I guess there is some 'set up' requirements they have to go through when fugitives accept lifts from people in their cars. I noted that if the fugitives were driving themselves somewhere they didn't have one.

It would be interesting to see how they split the $$ up. Is it a 3 way split or 2 ways?? I'm thinking each person that finishes gets a split.

I would like to see the policeman win, but I am wondering if the edit is showing him getting caught or in a sprint for the finish line? You see someone scale a high fence and I think out of who is left that only the policeman guy has the physical ability to do that at that speed. I wonder if he is scaling the fence to evade a hunter behind him or if time is running out and its the shortest route to the extraction point???

I must admit, last nights episode was a good one, I did feel more engaged with the show.. I am sure the finale will be a close one...

Back