Skip to main content

BBUS 24 - Now airing on CBS

They might as well play out the eviction episode on Paramount+ in that case.

I assume this "festie bestie" twist is just playing in pairs, so another recycled element.

They might as well play out the eviction episode on Paramount+ in that case.

I assume this "festie bestie" twist is just playing in pairs, so another recycled element.
True and no reason they couldn’t have aired an encore on Friday for those who can’t be bothered to sub to Paramount+ and aired the episode as normal in Canada.

I doubt the besties twist will result in a double eviction… They’ll probably end up playing in pairs for the week but recycling the battle concept from the backstage twist.

Noticed last week the nominations block was a sofa rather than two chairs which usually makes it obvious a twist with more than 2 nominees is coming. That said I suspect they may just nominate one pair then evict one of the two.

Noticed last week the nominations block was a sofa rather than two chairs which usually makes it obvious a twist with more than 2 nominees is coming. That said I suspect they may just nominate one pair then evict one of the two.
That depends on whether it’s co-HoH or just one of the two.

If it’s a co-HoH the previous format has been they’ll nominate two pairs and the house will vote to evict one of the two pairs.

If it’s a single HoH their partner gets immunity, the HoH nominates a single pair, and the house vote to evict one of the pair.

IMO the co-HoH scenario would work best, if a battle will determine who’s actually leaving.

Seems it is the second scenario. HoH is individual with winner immune. One pair is nominated and collectively can be saved by the veto (only nominated pair, HoH pair and one other pair compete). Only one of the pair will be evicted but not confirmed if housemates vote individually or together.

Great read on production, insight on how poor this twist is, and what it’s going to do for the season moving forward.

Last edited:
Seen alot of posts off the back of this campaigning to drop it though TBF if they're smart enough to work out how to navigate this twist (and I'm quite surprised they are TBH) then if it gets them through to jury then fair enough. If they vote in pairs rather than individually it won't be so straight forward either, although I suspect it will still go their way.

If producers hadn't thrown in any twist they'd be complaints they hadn't botehered at all. Indeed this is one that is probably intended to weaken any early big alliance but has had the opposite effect. What the show really needs is players who can navigate their way past the bigger alliances in smaller numbers, as Kevin and Halena did in BB Canada. It's very rare you get anyone going in with a strategy to play outside of a big alliance.

Last edited:
Seen alot of posts off the back of this campaigning to drop it though TBF if they're smart enough to work out how to navigate this twist (and I'm quite surprised they are TBH) then if it gets them through to jury then fair enough. If they vote in pairs rather than individually it won't be so straight forward either, although I suspect it will still go their way.

If producers hadn't thrown in any twist they'd be complaints at all. Indeed this is one that is probably intended to weaken any early big alliance but has had the opposite effect. What the show really needs is players who can navigate their way past the bigger alliances in smaller numbers, as Kevin and Halena did in BB Canada. It's very rare you get anyone going in with a strategy to play outside of a big alliance.
If this group figured out how the game the twist it wasn’t hard to game in the first place. Watching yet another group manipulate the game to their advantage and easily pick off their targets does not make for interesting viewing. It’s one situation where no twist would have been the better option and I agree with Taran that it seems like it was designed to make it easier for production.

Seems to have been a (production prompted?) realisation amongst the men of the house at least about how Taylor has been treated and how she is getting pulled up on things (like complementing soup) that wouldn't cause an issue if anyone has said it. The guys are now pledging to protect her this week and next week and target those they feel are behind it.

Seems to have been a (production prompted?) realisation amongst the men of the house at least about how Taylor has been treated and how she is getting pulled up on things (like complementing soup) that wouldn't cause an issue if anyone has said it. The guys are now pledging to protect her this week and next week and target those they feel are behind it.
Imagine how much worse the rigging accusations would be if feeds were off this weekend.

That being said...I’m not sure I mind if production hinted to them. There was so much joy (in the houseguests) putting together the pieces and bringing Taylor into the fold that it’s hard not to feel a bit more optimistic about the season going forward.

And I know this is a broken record, but THIS kind of shit is exactly the type of magic that gets missed when it’s not live.

Imagine how much worse the rigging accusations would be if feeds were off this weekend.

That being said...I’m not sure I mind if production hinted to them. There was so much joy (in the houseguests) putting together the pieces and bringing Taylor into the fold that it’s hard not to feel a bit more optimistic about the season going forward.

And I know this is a broken record, but THIS kind of shit is exactly the type of magic that gets missed when it’s not live.
Exactly. I like to think they've figured it out themselves and that is the magic of BB and why people shouldn't be punished for everything they say or do by producers. It's much more satisfying to watch - and usually more beneficial to those directly involved - when they figure these things out for themselves and learn something from it. If they have genuinely figured it out for themselves, with or without a hint or two from production, it will be an experience they learn and grow from. Had producers just warned people on Taylor's behalf chances are they'd just resent Taylor even more and put the blame on her rather than her own behaviour.

To expand on that it seems the 7 in the house not in the majority alliance have realised what's going on and formed a competing alliance "the Leftovers" with the plan to get one out this week and take control.

The fandom has pretty much U-turned over the weekend - on Thursday night they were calling for a twist to be axed before it even began. How much of an impact that twist had on the gameplay over the weekend I don't know but pretty much nothing but praise for the show today after the events of the last 24 hours.

It’s still a shit twist and had the majority alliance been tighter it most definitely would have allowed them the best position to easily pick off their opposition.

It’s still a shit twist and had the majority alliance been tighter it most definitely would have allowed them the best position to easily pick off their opposition.
But now the other side are doing exactly that people are loving it. I did call Taran out on it yesterday when he was living for the drama of the weekend as much of the rest of us, but he's not opted to defend his position.

Just hope Wednesday's show really does the situation justice. We all know how in such circumstances CBS can edit the entire thing solely around a game perspective rather than capturing the human emotion behind it.

But now the other side are doing exactly that people are loving it. I did call Taran out on it yesterday when he was living for the drama of the weekend as much of the rest of us, but he's not opted to defend his position.

Just hope Wednesday's show really does the situation justice. We all know how in such circumstances CBS can edit the entire thing solely around a game perspective rather than capturing the human emotion behind it.
So all this happened in spite of the twist rather than because of it. The twist was pretty much designed to the give the dominant alliance the advantage.

The leftovers are in a great spot to give the other 7 exactly what they deserve and I’m living for it. That said watching one side of the house decimate the other isn’t ideal.

As we've learned this week things quickly change though. I think one or two will go but things can quickly change. Only takes one person outside the Leftovers to win HoH and target Joe/Monte or Brittany/Michael to level the numbers again.

As we've learned this week things quickly change though. I think one or two will go but things can quickly change. Only takes one person outside the Leftovers to win HoH and target Joe/Monte or Brittany/Michael to level the numbers again.
I think there’s potential the other side will end up pulling a Sov6 and targeting one of their own.

We'll see - Indy and Alyssa were the initial targets of the others looking to lay the blame anywhere but themselves.

Daniel is the target next week, paired up with Kyle who pretty much masterminded this plan with Joseph from what I've read. I think the hatred is strong enough they'll get rid of Daniel, but there is always that chance.

Probably one of the best episodes of the modern era. We need more of this style of storytelling where the footage drives the narrative rather than the story being told from the DR.

Back