Skip to main content

Hey Friends!

G'day Taras just asking a question about the "Ride The Lightning" by "Metallica" t-shirt that you were wearing in a couple of episodes there mate. I also noticed that Drew was also wearing this exact same t-shirt when he was in the house. Just give us a rundown of what the "clothing" situation is like in that house? lol

I also noticed that Tully on a certain episode was wearing another style of "Metallica" t-shirt? Are all you guys Metallica fans? LOL!

Sorry mate but being a Metallica fan I notice these things...

Cheers!

Thanks for answering my question Taras.
Thanks for pronouncing my username exactly right too!
You come across so well in these videos, so much more relatable.
If only they had showed these sides of you on the show, I would have had a whole different viewing experience.

vid1

vid2
You are the man!
some more observations:

When you talk about being an anxious wreck in the house, this is why I have always said as much as I love watching these shows I could never actually go on (not that I even remotely expect I would even have a chance). But I think it would just do your head in. I'd be suspicious of anyone talking about anything, always thinking it was about me. I've heard people say on this format and on Survivor that if people aren't talking to you, that it is a bad sign. I could NOT handle that, I would be like the annoying needy friend constantly looking for reassurance from everyone. I seriously don't think it would be good for your mental health, let alone dealing with the online onslaught afterwards! props to you!

Sleeping in a cupboard cradling in the foetal position crying into your crotch, with your tears wetting your balls OH MY GOSH I laughed so much at that! you're a wordsmith hahahaha.

The deal falling out with Dave is so fascinating, and I think that would have made great TV, frustrating that we didn't get to see it in fullness.

Glad I was able to be a voice in the crowd FOR you Taras. It was bleedingly obvious almost everyone wanted Reggie to win. I had a few conversations with people lining up outside and then again sitting in the pavilion about you. Most people would finally agree with me that you had played the best game (or maybe they were just trying to shut the big, loud mouthed man up) haha, but they still wanted a Reggie win.

You have an interesting take on 'flying under the radar.' Yes, the best gameplay would be to be playing a big game but to remain target free, literally FLYING under the radar. As opposed to just coasting along not doing anything to play the game but also being inoffensive enough not to be a target.

You did say something along the lines of being better to the camera (in the DR etc.) and I think maybe this is the only thing you could have done differently to improve your shot at winning (not against Reggie). That's the charm that Tim has and David from Survivor has. Maybe being a better show "commentator" ingratiates yourself with production more? In saying all that there were plenty of diary room moments with you that we loved. That's where Daddy T came from wasn't it? I also remember early on when you had a good relationship with Estelle and you said something along the lines of "I am her people and she is my people." Maybe what Tim and David do better is commentate on other people, or other game moves as well as describing their own big moves in a way that endears them to the audience.

All that to say, I love that you were authentically yourself and even with what we did get to see, I loved watching you!
Thanks for answering my question Taras.
Thanks for pronouncing my username exactly right too!
You come across so well in these videos, so much more relatable.
If only they had showed these sides of you on the show, I would have had a whole different viewing experience.

Ohhh I have to go back and listen to the way he said it, also is @Isee pronounced like he did (Izzie) or is it "eye see"??

You are the man!
some more observations:

When you talk about being an anxious wreck in the house, this is why I have always said as much as I love watching these shows I could never actually go on (not that I even remotely expect I would even have a chance). But I think it would just do your head in. I'd be suspicious of anyone talking about anything, always thinking it was about me. I've heard people say on this format and on Survivor that if people aren't talking to you, that it is a bad sign. I could NOT handle that, I would be like the annoying needy friend constantly looking for reassurance from everyone. I seriously don't think it would be good for your mental health, let alone dealing with the online onslaught afterwards! props to you!

Sleeping in a cupboard cradling in the foetal position crying into your crotch, with your tears wetting your balls OH MY GOSH I laughed so much at that! you're a wordsmith hahahaha.

The deal falling out with Dave is so fascinating, and I think that would have made great TV, frustrating that we didn't get to see it in fullness.

Glad I was able to be a voice in the crowd FOR you Taras. It was bleedingly obvious almost everyone wanted Reggie to win. I had a few conversations with people lining up outside and then again sitting in the pavilion about you. Most people would finally agree with me that you had played the best game (or maybe they were just trying to shut the big, loud mouthed man up) haha, but they still wanted a Reggie win.

You have an interesting take on 'flying under the radar.' Yes, the best gameplay would be to be playing a big game but to remain target free, literally FLYING under the radar. As opposed to just coasting along not doing anything to play the game but also being inoffensive enough not to be a target.

You did say something along the lines of being better to the camera (in the DR etc.) and I think maybe this is the only thing you could have done differently to improve your shot at winning (not against Reggie). That's the charm that Tim has and David from Survivor has. Maybe being a better show "commentator" ingratiates yourself with production more? In saying all that there were plenty of diary room moments with you that we loved. That's where Daddy T came from wasn't it? I also remember early on when you had a good relationship with Estelle and you said something along the lines of "I am her people and she is my people." Maybe what Tim and David do better is commentate on other people, or other game moves as well as describing their own big moves in a way that endears them to the audience.

All that to say, I love that you were authentically yourself and even with what we did get to see, I loved watching you!

Ohhh I have to go back and listen to the way he said it, also is @Isee pronounced like he did (Izzie) or is it "eye see"??
Love you Bleachy! Only thing I can think of is I feel like they didnt show enough of my "cheeky" munchkin stuff and thats why I came across as villainous. I think I prob did quite a bit of it, all tongue in cheek, but I either didnt do it well enough or they picked and chose the bits that didnt make me look good, or a bit of both.

Most of what you said Bleachy I agree with you. However as I watch these vids the one thing I am taking from it is that there seems to be an expectation to play a character rather than be your authentic self. That may be what BB has become but I don't know if it is what it started out as. (maybe it is and I am just rose coloured glasses about that) I think it would be difficult to work out what character production wants you to play to get you the furthest in the game.

Thanks Tman for not only answering all our questions but being so honest and forthright and simply being yourself. Its very easy to slip into portraying an image of yourself to push certain agendas. I dont see that at all. Just a fun personnable intelligent chap who is genuine through and through.
I also appreciated your commentary about the hierarchy always changing. Whether its intruders coming in or a person being evicted, you have to be fluid and re-asess as the game moves forward. One stagnant strategy cannot last. The best players are constantly aware of the ebbs and flows and how people are constantly acting to new scenarios and this is one of the key tenets of being successful in the game imo. Its certainly what makes Tim an exceptional player. Its akin to 3d chess where you read the board but have to forecast moves ahead as pieces are taken off the board

Btw- the otter question of mine was a jestful observation and defintely a compliment.
Otters are renowned for their cheekiness, being hard working and industrious, incredible engineers and intelligent to the point where they build and create slides and the like for example for pure fun. So taking that all in, and your svelte observation, seems to fit the narrative of the otter being your spiritual animal.
All the best for whatever future endeavours you embark upon and look forward to your continued contributions on here
your brother in zen, fun and chaos
Fuzz

Last edited:
Hello Taras, some housemates thought Estelle was the least genuine, why would they possibly come to that conclusion?

Back