Skip to main content

Hey Friends!

I think Taras would have done really well in a classic series of Big Brother with daily shows and live stream (and without the disadvantage of competing against fan favourite OGs). It is a shame we didn't get to see a more nuanced portrayal of him in the edit.

As far as Reggie lying and breaking her word, that actually makes me respect her win much more. I was rooting for Reggie and am very happy she won again, but from the edit it did feel like perhaps she did not really play the game or actively earn her win. I can understand Taras being bitter especially if she swore on her kids or something like that, but I think that is all fair game. This current format is about strategy and manipulation and I wish they would have shown all that in the edit. But that would go against the false narratives the producers were pushing.

@DumbDumbTerry was it frustrating that producers pushed this strategic incarnation of Big Brother whilst simultaneously punishing you in the edit for your "villainous" ways? As a viewer it is certainly frustrating that they can't seem to make their mind up about what they want this show to be.

@DumbDumbTerry Also what were some of the less "family friendly" antics that stand out from your series? Anything that in series past would have ended up on Uncut or even just conversations you all would have that were probably cut because they are not suitable for younger audiences.

ā€¦hey Taras!ā€¦ Taras Taras Taras!ā€¦ Iā€™ve actually thought of a SERIOUS question all by myselfā€¦ nobody helped me or anythingā€¦ do you think or know whether the makers of Big Brother such as Producers etc actually read our comments and suggestions on THIS WEBSITE to improve the show?ā€¦ they might be in for a few shocking home truths from some of our posters because as you knowā€¦ we donā€™t hold backā€¦ but at least theyā€™ll know where theyā€™re going wrongā€¦ shitā€¦ Iā€™d even start up a thread just for them to communicate with us lol!ā€¦ anywayā€¦ thatā€™s my SERIOUS QUESTIONā€¦ cheers.

Following in the theme, the more I hear from you and the more interviews I watch the more I know that even the housemates are feeling there is so much we missed due to the edit in terms of the relationships, the personalities and the gameplay of all people, not just how the producers wanted the game play to be portrayed. What is one thing you would like to see change/different about BB to help with this?

I asked Tully about the crying one I did this season and she reacted with the angry emoji. Don't know if serious or tongue in cheek.

Even the meaner ones are done with love though. Even though I don't think about it at the time, all the ones of Dumb dumb and Johnston comes
from a testament to how well liked they were on the show. Johnston's head on Krystal doesn't work unless we like him.

My series of Dumb Dumb being a bad ass taking people out doesn't work unless we enjoy him on the show and his game. Even if we can disagree with some stuff. Compelling character!

I'd be extremely surprised if Johnson hasn't been on here but hasn't revealed himself. There have been way too many comments about his hair. And yes I did crack a joke (or two) way back at the start but since then it got out of hand and we may have scared him off. Kinda got to bullying stage IMO. So if you read this Johnson, sorry about that, and I hope you'll say hello and talk to us as Taras has.

I'd be extremely surprised if Johnson hasn't been on here but hasn't revealed himself. There have been way too many comments about his hair. And yes I did crack a joke (or two) way back at the start but since then it got out of hand and we may have scared him off. Kinda got to bullying stage IMO. So if you read this Johnson, sorry about that, and I hope you'll say hello and talk to us as Taras has.
Yeah and for a large part of the show he was just referred to as ā€œpenisā€. šŸ™„

I try to stick by the guideline not to say anything online that I wouldnā€™t say to a person face to face.

I know I made comments a few times about how he always looked upset or angry and I hoped that he was actually enjoying his time. Thatā€™s not his fault though, thatā€™s what the editors chose to show us.

ā€¦when doing Photoshops of housemates I have often thought about how the housemates themselves will feel when or if they ever see themā€¦ I think itā€™s a bit like a Cartoonist doing a Caricature of someoneā€¦ they over exaggerate certain facial features like giving them a larger sized nose or forehead etc to get the desired laughs etcā€¦ most times those people laugh along with everybody else and take it with a grain of saltā€¦ the cartoonist is not out to upset themā€¦ theyā€™ve paying a kind of homage to themā€¦ normally there is no malice intended towards themā€¦

ā€¦in factā€¦ one of my artistic friends did a Caricature of meā€¦ she drew me with a massive bald head with little fluffy wisps of sideburn hairs either sideā€¦ a slightly crooked nose (I broke it as a kid) that was obviously a lot bigger in the drawingā€¦ when she showed it to my sweet darling wife and myself we both cracked upā€¦ my wife laughed because it was kind of like how she has quite often pictured meā€¦ I wasnā€™t offended that my wife has pictured me like thatā€¦ I laughed because I was thinking ā€˜ahhhh!ā€¦ I do have a boofed head like that and those bloody sideburns need to go!ā€™ā€¦ againā€¦ I wasnā€™t offended nietherā€¦ I laughed as loud as anyoneā€¦

ā€¦whenever Iā€™m doing Photoshops (of sayā€¦ Johnson for example)ā€¦ if Iā€™m about to finish it and release it the next day I tend to bag that person in the Live Episode thread that night and then release the Photoshop the next day for the maximum punchline that dayā€¦ itā€™s kind of setting it up for the most laughs hopefullyā€¦ itā€™s the risk that you takeā€¦ thereā€™s never any malice towards them intendedā€¦ sureā€¦ we step over the mark sometimes (we usually know by the lack of ā€˜likesā€™ but itā€™s too late to take them down by then) so you have to take the good with the bad Iā€™m afraidā€¦

ā€¦if I was a housemate and secretly kept coming on here and never saw Photoshops of myself Iā€™d be very worried indeedā€¦ it means that Iā€™m not worth in investing time on because Iā€™m not making enough impact in the houseā€¦ itā€™s a litmus test on how soon I will be leaving the houseā€¦ most of my Photoshops were of Reggie/Johnson and Tarasā€¦ funny how they were the final 3 standing eh?... but yeahā€¦ no malice ever intendedā€¦ Johnson might not think it but he was one of my favourites in the houseā€¦ Iā€™ve given him some hell at times but he was such a good subjectā€¦ I know that he wouldnā€™t piss in the swimming pool for instance but the images that I had at the time made it possible for me to make it looked like he didā€¦ Iā€™d like to shake Johnsons hand one day (as long as he didnā€™t punch me with it lol!)ā€¦ he seems like a really nice guyā€¦ but yeahā€¦ no malice whatsoever for sureā€¦

ā€¦wellā€¦ thatā€™s my take on it folksā€¦ the Photoshop thread becomes an addiction that doesnā€™t stop until the final endsā€¦ itā€™s all in fun and hopefully the housemates take it in the lighthearted spirit thatā€™s intended to beā€¦ cheers.

@DumbDumbTerry

Youā€™ve mentioned that at F5, you thought Brenton was the only one you could beat in a public vote, as you thought you couldnā€™t win against Reggie, Johnson or Aleisha. This meant you couldnā€™t get a F3 combo where you were confident of winning. I was wondering how far back in the game did you have this ā€˜I canā€™t get a winnable F3ā€™ perception? Was there a particular elimination or point in the game where you came to that conclusion? Also, did you have an ideal F3 that you thought gave you a good shot at winning, but werenā€™t able to make happen?

Last edited:
Hey, I thought Iā€™d ask as well. How did you exactly get on the show? Weā€™re you scouted, or did you apply? Were there any other times you did try to get on or at least contemplated doing the show earlier? We have gained knowledge in the fact that youā€™re a massive Survivor fan, but was there anyone from BB or even Survivor that influenced your game going in?

Hey, I thought Iā€™d ask as well. How did you exactly get on the show? Weā€™re you scouted, or did you apply? Were there any other times you did try to get on or at least contemplated doing the show earlier? We have gained knowledge in the fact that youā€™re a massive Survivor fan, but was there anyone from BB or even Survivor that influenced your game going in?

Taras says in one of the recent videos that he was scouted. He was contacted 3 weeks before he went in the house. I find the whole recruitment thing kind of disappointing. Sure it worked out with Taras but it would be better all around if people who applied to be on the show were selected. Itā€™s just an extra layer of tight control that production of this era have over the finished product.

Yeah and for a large part of the show he was just referred to as ā€œpenisā€. šŸ™„

I try to stick by the guideline not to say anything online that I wouldnā€™t say to a person face to face.

I know I made comments a few times about how he always looked upset or angry and I hoped that he was actually enjoying his time. Thatā€™s not his fault though, thatā€™s what the editors chose to show us.
I would say it to his face though :p

Back