Skip to main content

2022 Speccy Awards šŸ†

Keen for this! Seeing a few votes come my way last year made me smile. I love the recognition this gives to all you amazing people keeping our love for the show (or lack there of these days) alive!

Keen for this! Seeing a few votes come my way last year made me smile. I love the recognition this gives to all you amazing people keeping our love for the show (or lack there of these days) alive!
Agree. Its a great concept that makes our little community all the more that little bit special. Big props to Consuela for consistently taking the time and effort to do this year after year.

Thanks Consuela
Must admit, looking back at all the past winners and runners-up made me smile... a reflection of years gone by. Easy to forget how fun these forums were at times. Nice to be reminded of the titles I was awarded over the years... now I'm just a bitter fag.

Thank you @Consuela for keeping it going for so many seasons.
Will this year be the year that neither of us wins for insightful commentary?

Forgive me, but I've been a lurker / poster on here for many years, and I have never known about the Speccys. I know, right?

This is a truly a great thing. As Fuzz said, "Its a great concept that makes our little community all the more that little bit special". Nice work Consuela.

So, forgive my naivety, but where do we see past winners and runners up, and where / when do we see this year's results?

Forgive me, but I've been a lurker / poster on here for many years, and I have never known about the Speccys. I know, right?

This is a truly a great thing. As Fuzz said, "Its a great concept that makes our little community all the more that little bit special". Nice work Consuela.

So, forgive my naivety, but where do we see past winners and runners up, and where / when do we see this year's results?

If you go to the voting page, on the left hand side is a list of all the awards. Once you click on that, you can see the previous years winners and voting percentages.

We'll probably get the results of this years awards in a week or two.

The forum awards have been around in some form during each era of BB. We had no awards during the last hiatus but did have a few during the 2008 to 2012 hiatus.

The awards were traditionally held in the new year but since @Consuela has taken up the mantle theyā€™ve been held at the end of the current series.

You can view results from 2013, 2014, 2020, 2021 by visiting the voting site, select the menu in the upper left corner, select from the list of awards, and then the year. All other years have been lost in the archives.

C3817C7F-345D-4D01-97AC-D3EC6C1DE362.jpeg32037B27-0463-4797-B456-86E7FA605259.jpeg

If you go to the voting page, on the left hand side is a list of all the awards. Once you click on that, you can see the previous years winners and voting percentages.

We'll probably get the results of this years awards in a week or two.
The forum awards have been around in some form during each era of BB. We had no awards during the last hiatus but did have a few during the 2008 to 2012 hiatus.glass

The awards were traditionally held in the new year but since @Consuela has taken up the mantle theyā€™ve been held at the end of the current series.

You can view results from 2013, 2014, 2020, 2021 by visiting the voting site, select the menu in the upper left corner, select from the list of awards, and then the year. All other years have been lost in the archives.

Kingston_Speccys.jpg

Ahhh. Thanks guys. Go the voting page and click the links. Pretty obvious really. Silly me. šŸ¤£

Wow, I remember a lot of those names from years gone by. Quite notalgic indeed.

"We'll probably get the results of this years awards in a week or two." I look forward to it.

And, @Kingston , yeah, it must be the glasses. šŸ‘“ :thumbsup:

Mister stickyfingers fits many of these categories.

Cami get some award for being here since Tullyā€™s first season even though I live in NY? Like an honorable mention. /s

Iā€™m joking because I donā€™t fit any category but I like this community very much.

There are so many people who deserve a mention, I found it really difficult to name one person. I also wanted to mention posters who I think could be forum heroes and ensure the rest of us can post comfortably without being trolled or intimidated, and rather are inclusive. I think these people are Kingston and Timmy.

Bleachy is the happiest person and most positive person, if he doesnā€™t win it then I donā€™t know who else could possibly win that title. I know Iā€™ll be getting more negative by the season. I have complained almost for every show this season, I should probably stop watching with this attitude but thankfully bleachy is here to remind me to see the better in things. Temporarily, but hey itā€™s not complete disgust in how bb has turned. Just 90%

Freddy, Mattyzee, mattyo all amazing new comers. Please be back if bb is back.

Up all night for challenging my thoughts with his differing opinions and ideas.

So many more posters deserve a mention.

And consuela for taking their time to do these awards.

The votes for the 2022 Speccy Awards have been counted and approved by the Pillow.

šŸ† OUR WINNERS ARE...

Member of the Year
@timmy - Thank Dog you were rescued from that well. Without you this place wouldn't be the same.

Thread of the Year
BBAU Rewatch by @Zcsund1234 - Is there something to be gleaned from the fact reminiscing about seasons past was so popular?

Speculator Memorial Award
@MADONNA - You came and went like that British accent of yours leaving us to wonder whether you'd ever return.

Award for Best Newcomer
@MattyZee - In the battle of the Matty's only one can reign supreme. We crown thee MattyZeeGreat.

Award for Most Respected Member
@bleachy_dude - We could power the country should we ever find a way to capture and store your endless positivity.

Award for Most Loyal Supporter
@the Theorist - Taras may have lost the vote but he can claim the honour of the Theorist Seal of Approval.

Award for Most Fickle Supporter
@bleachy_dude - While you may well be a diehard fan of the show, your love for the HMs isn't as solid.

Award for Quickest Wit
@Kingston - You've aged well like a fine wine and at last we can finally appreciate your delicate palette.

Award for Creative Excellence
@up_all_night - That it's taken this long to recognise your greatness is criminal. Revel in this long overdue honour!

Award for Insightful Commentary
@the Theorist - To use a tennis metaphor we were at two sets all. But ultimately it's game, set, match to the Theorist!

Award for Outstanding Trolling
@Kaz - Like an elder statesman you returned to steady the ship. To lead from the front and show us the way.

Staff Appreciation Award
@Brekkie - This category has become a North Korean election. The results are already known!

Congratulations to all our deserving winners!
giphy.gif

And thanks for participating! Full votes can be found here.​

Back