• Stay steady around 450k

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Average in the lower 400 thousands

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Get this show cancelled

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters
Tuesday: 313,000

And it was 20th! Eep. If it drops out of the top 20 I'll have to start asking David Knox for its number.

I guess some of the Celeb Apprentice and BB audience cross over. It was the finale of Celeb Apprentice last night, likely some people chose to watch that over BB.

Also Who Do You Think You Are launched last night scoring big ratings for SBS at 370k, further impacting BB.

Last edited:
Is there a pattern for the lowest rated of the week? For the casual viewer Tuesday is the one you can miss without really missing anything.

Monday and Tuesday's episodes get pretty similar ratings around 350-360k with Wednesdays being the lowest rating.

Not being in Australia - does anyone have an explanation for so much streaming of episodes? Maybe people want to fast forward?
Or is it just that streaming is easier? I have n’t had regular cable for years, not sure how common that “cord-cutting” is in Australia.
I record all the reality shows I watch, because it means I can skip the ads and all the pointless recaps. The show usually goes for 1hour and 40 minutes when watched live, so it’s good to cut that down a bit.

So more than half the show's views are actually catch-up viewing.
Sorry I should correct this:

7 Day Consolidated is the 5 Capital City Overnight + Regional Overnight + Time Shift + BVOD. So actually more than half of viewing is still on the night, but not by much. Last Wednesday it was 56% overnight / 44% catch up, for example. Still significant numbers though.

Sorry I should correct this:

7 Day Consolidated is the 5 Capital City Overnight + Regional Overnight + Time Shift + BVOD. So actually more than half of viewing is still on the night, but not by much. Last Wednesday it was 56% overnight / 44% catch up, for example. Still significant numbers though.
in some ways if I wasn't chatting in here with y'all I could see the appeal of binge watching each week over the weekend.

in some ways if I wasn't chatting in here with y'all I could see the appeal of binge watching each week over the weekend.
I'm the opposite. I'll watch while chatting here and miss half of what's going on in the process, but don't feel like I could sit and focus on the whole show without y'all.

Tuesday: 328,000

Ouch, BB was only 1k higher than Wimbledon which aired from 9:30 to midnight on 9. Also Ninja Warrior flopping big time like I predicted.

The Cheap Seats also outrated both BB and Ninja Warrior in all key demos.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220629-101750_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220629-101750_Samsung Internet.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Ouch, BB was only 1k higher than Wimbledon which aired from 9:30 to midnight on 9. Also Ninja Warrior flopping big time like I predicted

Ninja Warrior was massive just a couple of years ago. Everyone really has tuned out of free to air tv. I had no idea it was even back so channel 9 marketing outside of their own channel (which I’ve just now realised I don’t watch at all) might not be as effective as it used to be.

Ninja Warrior was massive just a couple of years ago. Everyone really has tuned out of free to air tv. I had no idea it was even back so channel 9 marketing outside of their own channel (which I’ve just now realised I don’t watch at all) might not be as effective as it used to be.

There is so much choice these days that people are not willing to sit through 90 min/2hr episodes of reality TV 4-5 x a week. That is why I like Masterchef, only their Sunday episode is 90 mins, the rest are 1hr episodes.

Last edited:
Back