Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 20 Discussion (20 June, 7:30pm)

In another pre-recorded series, how should housemates be nominated?

• Winner of a challenge nominates

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • The whole house nominates after strategising

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • The whole house nominates with nominations kept secret

Votes: 47 78.3%

• Total voters
I don’t see many suck ups tbh, the majority of members Taras has interacted with here, both publicly and privately, were - and remain to be - supporters of his.

I genuinely don’t see what about Taras’ actions was so wrong. He’s one of very few actually doing something in terms of gameplay. (At least as far as what we’re seeing.)

What I saw as being the true problem last night was a misleading edit (particularly omitting strategic chats in favour of other HMs), unfair production interference (with Drew even still being there, this specific line-up of nominees should never have happened) and a set of HMs who didn’t jump at the chance to spectacularly blindside somebody who sat there feeling entitled, been all talk and hasn’t actually actioned any moves all season.

🤷‍♂️

I think the sudden change in behaviour is what has put many people off Taras now. If he was like this the whole way through like Tim, I don't think it would have been such a big issue. It just felt like because all the housemates saw him as flying under the radar he felt he had to make a big move. I also didn't like how he was acting towards Tully in the edit we saw.

Last edited:
I
Yeah this is one of the biggest grips I have with Aus BB and Aus Survivor in that everything is edited so that a 10 year old can understand it instead of actually showing the complexities of the characters and strategies that they have. US and SA Survivor will always have an advantage over Aus because they are more willing to show way more sides of all the characters and more complex strategy. Still enjoy the Aus shows but with the pretty good cast this season especially, it could truly have been a super memorable season that will likely end up just being 'good' to me.
I totally totally agree. I LOVE American survivor (I’ve never watched SA, but I will after this I reckon), and it’s all in the editing that USsurvivor thrives. I knew that that would potentially be a struggle with BB because the Aus versions of these shows are a bit lacking in that department.

I think the sudden change in behaviour is what has put many people off Taras now. If he was like this the whole way through like Tim, I don't think it would have been such a big issue. It just felt like because all the housemates saw him as flying under the radar he felt had to make a big move. I also didn't like how he was acting towards Tully in the edit we saw.
Tbh I would have loved to fly under the radar more, but it just didn’t end up that way. Yeah people think that just because I’m a happy go lucky guy that I don’t stand up for what I believe in, but the Tully situation looks bad because people want me to fit into this neat box of “goofball”, but I have morals and ethics and I’m not afraid to stand up for something if I believe in it. It’s pretty easy to make it look like I’m being mean to Tully when I tell her a third drink is selfish, and i think, that’s exactly what they want, so that it looks like I have a bad relationship with her and that’s enough for me to put her up and lie to her. Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything, and maybe I was mean, but I guess I would say that looking back on that situation it’s not something that I regret, or think I went to far with.

Jumping on this - I was one of the few Taras reached out to privately, prior to going public last night as well. (Hope you don't mind us saying so, Taras!)

He's also verified himself via social media to
It was shit.. There was enough dialogue and scenes uninterrupted to show Taras's intentions and actions.. His plea "I was misinterpreted in the edit" doesn't really wash.. His little campaign here shows a worried guy trying to cover his loss of positive image and recoup possible votes in the future.
All the suck up posts don't change my opinion and lots of people I talk to.
Savage. Calm down.

I think he’s explained quite well why he’s here and my interactions with him have been positive and genuine.

Tbh I would have loved to fly under the radar more, but it just didn’t end up that way. Yeah people think that just because I’m a happy go lucky guy that I don’t stand up for what I believe in, but the Tully situation looks bad because people want me to fit into this neat box of “goofball”, but I have morals and ethics and I’m not afraid to stand up for something if I believe in it. It’s pretty easy to make it look like I’m being mean to Tully when I tell her a third drink is selfish, and i think, that’s exactly what they want, so that it looks like I have a bad relationship with her and that’s enough for me to put her up and lie to her. Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything, and maybe I was mean, but I guess I would say that looking back on that situation it’s not something that I regret, or think I went to far with.
My issue was that most of the housemates ALWAYS helped themselves to a second or third drink. Aleisha ALWAYS hid drinks and had more than her "share".. and that was considered "funny" and "cute". But the ONE time I had an extra drink... you came for me like a raging bull in a China shop with, what I believe to be an aggressive tone. In front of everyone. It felt like you were putting me on display and making sure everyone else was aware of my Very Selfish Dead and I didn't appreciate it, especially with our friendship the way it was.
I never took more than my fair share. I hated the hiding and stealing of food and drinks. You know that.
So for you to decide to bark at me the one time I had an extra drink... felt calculated.
I stand by that.
This was also off the back of the fashion show that you made unnecessarily personal. So yeah, I felt a bit thrown. And confused at what was happening to our apparent friendship.

THE FACT THAT I AM EVEN TALKING ABOUT ONE EXTRA SELZER AS A GROWN-ASS 34-YEAR-OLD WOMAN IS HILARIOUS. 😂

My issue was that most of the housemates ALWAYS helped themselves to a second or third drink. Aleisha ALWAYS hid drinks and had more than her "share".. and that was considered "funny" and "cute". But the ONE time I had an extra drink... you came for me like a raging bull in a China shop with, what I believe to be an aggressive tone. In front of everyone. It felt like you were putting me on display and making sure everyone else was aware of my Very Selfish Dead and I didn't appreciate it, especially with our friendship the way it was.
I never took more than my fair share. I hated the hiding and stealing of food and drinks. You know that.
So for you to decide to bark at me the one time I had an extra drink... felt calculated.
I stand by that.
This was also off the back of the fashion show that you made unnecessarily personal. So yeah, I felt a bit thrown. And confused at what was happening to our apparent friendship.

THE FACT THAT I AM EVEN TALKING ABOUT ONE EXTRA SELZER AS A GROWN-ASS 34-YEAR-OLD WOMAN IS HILARIOUS. 😂
Hahah I know it’s crazy hey, here I am as a 34 year old doing the same!

Tully you’re a bloody legend. You wear your heart on your sleeve, you play passionately and I hope this isn’t the last we see of you. I’m so glad you were in this cast! Please come back and play with us haha.
You have been such a legend to me! I so appreciate it. 😘

Things like this are so disappointing. Like you think if there was someone you could somewhat trust it would be Drew considering your history, and whilst you're not together anymore, you are supposed to be friends I thought (you even invited him on one of your podcasts) and stayed in touch over the years, and as you commented when you got into the house he didn't send you a birthday message, as he technically couldn't due to already being in the Big Brother house. So there was a pre existing sense of faith to be able to put in with him.

Like some say it's just a game, but I don't think it's as simple like a board game or video game or cards, or whatever. These are people you are living with day by day, etc and so there's some I think you should really be able to have a strong trust with. Then on top of that you couldn't have it with Tim either! I really felt that you thought you would be able to rely on Tim and Drew in there because of your history and how you chose to invite them to the upstairs room at the start as you trusted them to tell you what had been going on.

So yeah... real bummer that the two you most you had a longest relationship with you couldn't really trust in the end. I guess at least you had Estelle, and Trevor out of the OGs, and maybe Layla (we didn't really get a feel for Layla so not too sure of you with her there). There's also Reggie but with her vote at the end it's hard to fully decipher, and Dave was a bit confusing with the confrontation you had with him and Tim about voting you. I am also wondering if your relationship with both Tim and Drew is now better or worse since you did the 7 format of the show. Like before this I feel like you probably had trust in them, but since they messed you up a bit here, it's hard to think where you stand with them now.

Anyway, thanks for coming back and posting here, and would love to continue to hear anything you able to continue to share and contribute!

I agree. I agree I should have been able to trust Tim and Drew but sadly, I'm not surprised that I couldn't. And there's no use harping on about that or getting bogged down.
Am I disappointed? For sure!
But it's a game. And they are within their rights to play it however they like!

Layla was an amazing support to me but was taken way too soon. I would have been fucking lost without Estelle. She felt like a friend from home, someone I never had to question. The trust was there, end of story. No if's, but's or maybes.

Re: my relationships with the boys... it's fine. It will ALWAYS be fine. I haven't heard from Drew but Tim and I spoke briefly today via text. As I said today in many of my interviews, we're family now. Whether we like it or not. We were bound together before for life and now that bind has been reinforced.
You may argue with your family, not talk for weeks or months... want to punch them in the face but at the end of the day you still get together at Christmas and share a pavlova.
It's sad we couldn't band together and be some amazing, impenetrable alliance this time around (because my lord, we had an advantage) but I did the best that I could with what I was given. I played on my own, with no help or advantages or twists. And I'm proud of that.

Hey Tully … did you know that you contributed financially to this forum? The owner Tim once said that every time he put up an article about you back in 2013 the website almost crashed with traffic. Haha
@tee_smyth
You'll probably see more of Tully on the BB website after her appearance. I can tell you now she is cash. in. the. bank. Every time a Tully issue came up our website traffic exploded. She's gold for ratings.

Savage. Calm down.

I think he’s explained quite well why he’s here and my interactions with him have been positive and genuine.
I'm calm I'm calm. Wasn't that savage, but was the truth. So you want me to fawn over the cupboard sneak?

Hey its all good.. Taras is clearly a loverly guy..

Hey Tully … did you know that you contributed financially to this forum? The owner Tim once said that every time he put up an article about you back in 2013 the website almost crashed with traffic. Haha
@tee_smyth
I had NO idea but I am so, so damn glad I could help keep the BBB forums alive and well! I DO miss the website and articles though. 💔

I had NO idea but I am so, so damn glad I could help keep the BBB forums alive and well! I DO miss the website and articles though. 💔
Just listened to your podcast and you do deserve better than Drully :) Pleased you have found someone who treats you better than Drew ever did. Also did I miss the letters from home part of the cleaning challenge or did they not show that?

Back