Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Totally agree! I can't keep up with what I have already which is only Fox and Netflix let alone subscribing to more. Why would I pay so much a month for stuff I'd never get around to watching?
I am finding that I am more often waiting for a show to finish before I start watching it. Too much time wasted on shows that get cut without resolution, or end up only released on the sly (Netflix I’m looking at you) or having to wait two years for a second season. If it’s something that I’m not desperate for I’ll wait to see what wraps up with a positive reputation and watch then.

I think increasingly too with archive content now so easily available more and more people turn to rewatching their old reliable favourites rather than risking wasting their time on something new.

I mention this show on the previous page, but god damn the season final of Severence was great.

Such an amazing show. I started a couple of weeks ago. Got through it all within less than a week. After last week's episode. I rewatched the season so far before the season final. So good! A model of how you build to an amazing season final. The only annoying thing will be the wait for the next season.

Now I need another show to obsess about.

Weekly watching a few things. Halo, I don't know the games, it's an interesting B sci-fi show that seems like an expansive and interesting galaxy. Still just setting the stage. Definitely not for everyone.

Picard, this show is mostly bad. Where my biggest enjoyment is from how dumb it is. Watching to see how they can top themselves in being dumb. They have no clue what they are doing. As with the previous season, or all seasons of Star Trek Discovery. We've now reached the point in the season where they'd thrown out their season plan and just making up a completely new one.

Moonknight, started out pretty good, but in the latest episode (2), the main character was annoying and unlikeable. Although he has multiple personalities, the other one seems better. I will keep watching though.

I know it’s somewhat of an unpopular opinion on here, but I really like Sonia Kruger. But seeing her credits for the Gold Logie Nomination really highlight that she’s probably doing too much, not that I wouldn’t do the same if I were offered. Not her fault necessarily.

Gold Logie for Most Popular Personality on Australian Television​

• Hamish Blake, Lego Masters Australia, 9Network
  • Julia Morris, I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!, Network 10
  • Karl Stefanovic, Today/60 Minutes, 9Network
  • Melissa Leong, MasterChef Australia/Celebrity MasterChef Australia, Network 10
  • Ray Meagher, Home And Away, Seven Network
  • Sonia Kruger, Big Brother, Holey Moley, Dancing with The Stars: All Stars, The Voice Australia, The Voice Australia Generations, Seven Network
  • Tom Gleeson, Hard Quiz, ABC

That said. I’m still voting Sonia for Gold! Go Tina Sparkles 🤩

I know it’s somewhat of an unpopular opinion on here, but I really like Sonia Kruger. But seeing her credits for the Gold Logie Nomination really highlight that she’s probably doing too much, not that I wouldn’t do the same if I were offered. Not her fault necessarily.

• Melissa Leong, MasterChef Australia/Celebrity MasterChef Australia, Network 10
  • Sonia Kruger, Big Brother, Holey Moley, Dancing with The Stars: All Stars, The Voice Australia, The Voice Australia Generations, Seven Network

I'd rather vote for Karl.

Stone the flamin crows! - all this time as Alf and Ray Meagher has only won it once! He has my vote.

Just submitted my votes for the first time on the Logies. Bit sad that Big Brother doesn't even get a mention in the list for the "most popular reality program"... :(

Oh well if Sonia wins something i'm sure BB will get mentioned somewhere on these awards...lol

Cheers!

Best “show” on at the moment, free too
Depp v Amber, live, free every day all over YouTube

Depp has a real lawyer, I think Amber could only afford bottom of the barrel
They are so bad, doubt that older woman has ever been in court before
It is very entertaining watching a psychopath get tangled in her lies
20-40 objections sustained all the time in a row Ambers lawyer
Don’t think she has a clue, about court

Amber is sooooo bad for #metoo and real victims

Also good to watch real court v USA fiction courts

Best “show” on at the moment, free too
Depp v Amber, live, free every day all over YouTube

Depp has a real lawyer, I think Amber could only afford bottom of the barrel
They are so bad, doubt that older woman has ever been in court before
It is very entertaining watching a psychopath get tangled in her lies
20-40 objections sustained all the time in a row Ambers lawyer
Don’t think she has a clue, about court

Amber is sooooo bad for #metoo and real victims

Also good to watch real court v USA fiction courts
I have been watching lawyers reacting to it on you tube too - quite interesting to see how they react to Elaine leading the witness and trying to get away with it etc.

Ambers lawyers are shit, they have no idea, I have seen students do 100% better
Wish we got some jury vision tho
Jonny had way better taste in women previously, she is very pretty but seems very obviously
mentally unwell or maybe just a dumb narcissist

Ambers lawyers are shit, they have no idea, I have seen students do 100% better
Wish we got some jury vision tho
Jonny had way better taste in women previously, she is very pretty but seems very obviously
mentally unwell or maybe just a dumb narcissist
if you look up lumber and law or Runkle of the Bailey on you tube- they are laywers who have managed to be in the courtroom this week, and have given some feedback on the jury.

Thanks
I watch the live court feed on LAW &CRIME YouTube
And some body language stuff, and a few bits of others commenting

Wow wish I had a friend like Jonny so many free loaders are probably pissed off Amber
ended the generous free ride, penthouses everywhere

Thanks
I watch the live court feed on LAW &CRIME YouTube
And some body language stuff, and a few bits of others commenting

Wow wish I had a friend like Jonny so many free loaders are probably pissed off Amber
ended the generous free ride, penthouses everywhere
1653010789276.png
FYI

I mention this show on the previous page, but god damn the season final of Severence was great.
I’ve heard it’s very good, I’ve dl’ed it.
Picard, this show is mostly bad. Where my biggest enjoyment is from how dumb it is. Watching to see how they can top themselves in being dumb. They have no clue what they are doing. As with the previous season, or all seasons of Star Trek Discovery. We've now reached the point in the season where they'd thrown out their season plan and just making up a completely new one.
Gave up on both of them. Strange New Worlds is seeming to be a lot better (only 3 eps) and truer to the original Trek, though it‘s not immune to the typical problems of modern sci-fi.

I’ve heard it’s very good, I’ve dl’ed it.

Gave up on both of them. Strange New Worlds is seeming to be a lot better (only 3 eps) and truer to the original Trek, though it‘s not immune to the typical problems of modern sci-fi.

I am enjoying Strange New Worlds. I'll watch the third episode tonight. There's a lot to like about it. I hope as it goes on they can get a bit deeper with the plots, still very simple Star Trek type stories. Leaps and bounds better than Picard or Discovery.

Other Sci-Fi.

The Orville is back soon. Same with For All Mankind, which is one of the best shows on TV.

I finished HALO last night. I understand it shits all over the established HALO lore and people are rightfully justified in being annoyed. However not knowing any of that, I enjoyed it as a B-grade Sci-Fi series

Except for whatever reason, there's a side plot involving a character that is completely unlikeable and not really connected to the main plot.

In the first episode, there's some desert planet that is rebelling against the Space Government. Aliens show up because there's an ancient buried artifact there.

The village gets attacked by the aliens, getting thoroughly defeated. Masterchief and the military show up, fight the aliens and take the artifact. There's one teenager left alive. Masterchief dumps her in the next episode. Then the plot goes on about the alien artifact and the fight over it with the aliens. Masterchief goes on a journey of self-discovery. Conflict with scientists, the spartan program, military bureaucracy and all sorts of entertaining and interesting stuff. The main plot of the show.

Yet it then keeps cutting back to this side character and what's going on with her. Where it's just an emotional teen with a bad haircut having temper tantrums with adults with her own plot of wanting to continue the resistance on her planet. Clearly, the writers don't care about it, it was so poorly done. It's got to have been some mandate from the studio. The scenes even seemed to be much lower budget.

It's funny how little they gave a shit. It was so lazy to the point of comedy. She's driving across a desert in a jeep with no windshield. There's a giant sandstorm. She just drives into it. No googles. No scarf around her face. Just eyes wide open, happily driving through it. With a CGI overlay of sand blowing past. No fucks were given.

Once her plot for the season wraps up in an ENTIRE episode dedicated to her.

. She says something like, "I'll see you soon." To another side character who is leaving her planet.

To which he replies, "I fucking hope not."

Echoing the sentiments of the audience.

One of the new Bachelors seems like a catch (the middle one).
thebachelorau_283428288_709219336994703_2500344561922697902_n.jpg

(Yes I know it was a long time ago but it shows the dangers of letting kids use social media - it will haunt them forever).

725ffee8e7710e174a3b1c09e42ca527.jpg

Back