Skip to main content

I’m a Celebrity 2022 - Episode Discussion

I agree with Cal and Poh regarding the lack of awareness from Boey and Joey.

Julia Morris even misses the obvious jokes.
She slips in an ayewwww where it doesn't fit, but if she wanted one that was slightly funny she should have done it when Dr Chris mentioned TENPLAY I Will Always Love You (ewwwwwwww going on & on like Whitney).

It’s season 8 but I still enjoy Chris and Julia. I think they are the perfect hosts for this show. They have great comedic timing, adore each other, understand the format of this show and are great interviewers with the eliminated camp mates. I shudder to think who they would be replaced with if Chris and Julia moved on. Remember when everyone complained about Gretel? Look who we have as host of BB now. We didn’t appreciate what we had until she was gone.

In the UK version Ant and Dec have hosted every season. That is 21 seasons in total apart from the 18th series when Ant was suspended from TV appearances for a year. So there is a precedent for Chris and Julia to last a long time. I reckon they will stay with the show until one (or both) want to call it a day.

It’s season 8 but I still enjoy Chris and Julia. I think they are the perfect hosts for this show. They have great comedic timing, adore each other, understand the format of this show and are great interviewers with the eliminated camp mates. I shudder to think who they would be replaced with if Chris and Julia moved on. Remember when everyone complained about Gretel? Look who we have as host of BB now. We didn’t appreciate what we had until she was gone.

In the UK version Ant and Dec have hosted every season. That is 21 seasons in total apart from the 18th series when Ant was suspended from TV appearances for a year. So there is a precedent for Chris and Julia to last a long time. I reckon they will stay with the show until one (or both) want to call it a day.
Simply put Ant and Dec just aren't funny while Chris and Julia have their moments.That said the humour on the show does get a bit repetitive after a while so I can understand why people get annoyed. It also doesn't help that they carried the Ant and Dec show Ft: IACGMOOH style presenting over from the UK... IMO they spend far too much time on the presenters than they do on the actual celebs.

Last edited:
Simply put Ant and Dec just aren't funny while Chris and Julia have their moments.That said the humour on the show does get a bit repetitive after a while so I can understand why people get annoyed. It also doesn't help that they carried the Ant and Dec show Ft: IACGMOOH style presenting over from the UK... IMO they spend far too much time on the presenters than they do on the actual celebs.
Don’t get me wrong I completely understand after 8 seasons some of the jokes are a bit repetitive. Maybe it would be a good idea to retire some of them and keep it fresh with some new material. My point was just Chris and Julia are pretty good hosts for this show and I would hate for them to be replaced with someone or another duo who are subpar. I am going to enjoy this moment in time with Chris and Julia for as long as they are around because nothing lasts forever and one day it will be over. I’m A Celebrity is my favourite reality show and is pretty much the only show on TV that has any similarity to old school Big Brother where we get to watch them live in an extreme environment and get to hear their conversations and learn more about the person. I love that aspect very much. It’s what made Big Brother so brilliant in the original format and I miss that terribly.

Don’t get me wrong I completely understand after 8 seasons some of the jokes are a bit repetitive. Maybe it would be a good idea to retire some of them and keep it fresh with some new material. My point was just Chris and Julia are pretty good hosts for this show and I would hate for them to be replaced with someone or another duo who are subpar. I am going to enjoy this moment in time with Chris and Julia for as long as they are around because nothing lasts forever and one day it will be over. I’m A Celebrity is my favourite reality show and is pretty much the only show on TV that has any similarity to old school Big Brother where we get to watch them live in an extreme environment and get to hear their conversations and learn more about the person. I love that aspect very much. It’s what made Big Brother so brilliant in the original format and I miss that terribly.
I wasn’t hating but just saying I understand where the critics are coming from… TBH even if they were replaced they’d just be replaced with a copycat anyway so it’s not worth it.

Richard Reid was good value.
I also liked Freddie Flintoff, I didn't know him until I saw him on this, not being a follower of rugby in any form

I watched it.

David is such a tryhard

Love Dylan. Brooke laughes at anything.

I agree with you 💯 T.R. I think Chris especially has grown so well into the role, and Julia as well seems to improve…. There are cringe moments but also some good ones. I expect cringe, it’s light hearted fun and we just love it. Such s great start to the year.

We aim to watch it loosely and non seriously but end up hooked! Nothing else like it. Survivor (Aus) is good but gets repetitive, predictable, and they go with the same angle and we hear from the same people again and again saying basically the same thing. The episodes are way too long and I often want to fast forward .IACGMOOH has a lot of great conversations and fun games to have a late night drink to.

All said, onto my critique of contestant. Why is it that comedians are always the least funny while non comedians have the best lines!

As for my winner pick, I think Pho or Dylan are in my cool runnings for the winners at present.

Back