Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia Memorabilia and Articles Thread

Screen-Shot-2022-01-05-at-2-15-49-pm.png

img201.jpg

img210.jpg

img230.jpg

To be fair the 2007 cast was pretty decent - just would have been much better withou Hayley, Andrew and Billy at the centre of it all. Beyond that I think it's one of the better casts.

To be fair the 2007 cast was pretty decent - just would have been much better withou Hayley, Andrew and Billy at the centre of it all. Beyond that I think it's one of the better casts.
I don’t get why they put all the stakes on Hayley and Andrew when ultimately they aren’t that interesting to watch, would’ve honestly preferred if they excluded all 3 of them and just put in all the white room people instead, and then save the white room for the top 4 golden key winners so the housemates are nicely settled for a month at least and then get super rattled by 4 randoms suddenly appearing on a plasma.

I hate you kris noble u dumb boo boo looking ass bitch 🤬

I don’t get why they put all the stakes on Hayley and Andrew when ultimately they aren’t that interesting to watch, would’ve honestly preferred if they excluded all 3 of them and just put in all the white room people instead, and then save the white room for the top 4 golden key winners so the housemates are nicely settled for a month at least and then get super rattled by 4 randoms suddenly appearing on a plasma.

I hate you kris noble u dumb boo boo looking ass bitch 🤬
No seriously, I remember them not really serving anything. Other than an awkward three-way exes bullshit. Now I will say, Aleisha & Billy’s relationship was cute. But the other two basically did nothing lol. I agree I feel the 4 in the white room would’ve served more. Such a wasted opportunity :/

BB07’s downfall was that production had really reached a creative drought. To be honest the change in EP that took place for BB08 really should have happened a season earlier. I have no doubts that even if the BB09 disaster had been moved up a year Channel 10 would have at least given the show another year which would have allowed those in charge a chance to make improvements.

Assume you mean BB08, but yes, agree. Always said they learnt so much from that season and if they'd got another off the back of it I think they'd have been heading back in the right direction.

No seriously, I remember them not really serving anything. Other than an awkward three-way exes bullshit. Now I will say, Aleisha & Billy’s relationship was cute. But the other two basically did nothing lol. I agree I feel the 4 in the white room would’ve served more. Such a wasted opportunity :/
Kara would have annoyed the ever living shit out of everyone in there and it really shows how homophobic kris noble is for robbing us of that content.

Some more 2007 Articles

A Photo Moment with Mike Goldman:
Screen-Shot-2022-01-13-at-12-21-06-pm.png

Q&A With Bree:
img269.jpg

There was a '50 years of TVWEEK' thing going on at the end of '07, each week featured a different article on a personality. Here we have one on Blair (Representing 2005 - he lasted a while on Neighbours, 3-5 years on a soap is a good run).
img488.jpg

Confusing Perpective or what? Who's arm is where in this picture of Thomas and Susannah... (EDIT oh I see it now, Those are Susannah's legs, Thomas is carrying her. Doh). Also Laura misses the finale due to being in Hospital and Court:
img297.jpg

BB2007 Finale:
img295.jpg

img296.jpg

BB2008 Pre Launch:
img100.jpg

'It Won't Be Boring' haha. Well I certainly thought that promo was catchy 'I DON'T THINK SO!'lol
Screen-Shot-2022-01-14-at-11-23-20-am.png

Screen-Shot-2022-01-14-at-11-24-14-am.png

Some random candids from the 2008 Logie Awards featuring Mike and Bree:
Screen-Shot-2022-01-14-at-11-27-26-am.png

More 2008, LOL Ben trying to be the next Saxon (BB2003)? Jackie O was only 2 years off having a baby with her then husband at that point wasn't she?
img124.jpg

img125.jpg

"HM's may even go 'overseas'" LOL yeah, by name only to a secret part of the house more like haha.
img126.jpg

Remember the 3 that were the winners of the online auditions or whatever it was? Up there with the ones I had a hard time remembering when I did that Sporcle 'Name all the housemates quiz' a while ago.
Although Barney won 1 Vs 100? (I remember there was big buzz about Game shows airing outside 3-6pm around 2007/08ish in like 7-730 times lots. I remember at start of Ratings season 2007, 9 launched Aussie version of 1 Vs 100 with Eddie McGuire wasn't it while 7 had The Rich List with Andrew O'Keefe). Nathan was the one that stayed iirc the other two were evicted.

img130.jpg

Dixie into the Nurses Outfit too (like Gianna BB2005). Rima's photos the 'first BB Scandal' LOL I think not. Also questioning Tony and Rebecca's fit to host Big Mouth. I haven't rewatched those episodes for a while but IIRC they handled it not much different to Tim Ferguson doing The Insider back in 2003 with a panel.

img131.jpg

Zoo magazine modelling aspirations still going strong for the Girls:

img143.jpg

Some blunt thoughts from Kyle on BB2008, also some points about Carson's visit to the house:

img144.jpg

Some Scandal Highlights before the Finale, and some points about Pamela Anderson's visit:

img145.jpg

img146.jpg

Remember the 3 that were the winners of the online auditions or whatever it was? Up there with the ones I had a hard time remembering when I did that Sporcle 'Name all the housemates quiz' a while ago.
Although Barney won 1 Vs 100? (I remember there was big buzz about Game shows airing outside 3-6pm around 2007/08ish in like 7-730 times lots. I remember at start of Ratings season 2007, 9 launched Aussie version of 1 Vs 100 with Eddie McGuire wasn't it while 7 had The Rich List with Andrew O'Keefe). Nathan was the one that stayed iirc the other two were evicted.

img130.jpg
That was such a farce and they treated them so badly - made a big deal about the online auditions for months then cast most of the housemates the regular way, putting in just three from the online auditions and chucking two of them out a couple of days later - and don't think the third lasted much longer.

The platform though they used for the online auditions was really good though, especially given it was in the early days of YouTube and social media in general. Being able to browse through potential housemates was pretty groundbreaking.

Back