Skip to main content

BBAU Rewatch

Yeah I used to get 'seriously' excited when all those promos used to pop up about rumours and the start date, although the 'Secret' did admittedly end up being a slight anti-climax. It did take at least about halfway into the series for them to start drip feeding it to the remaining housemates though (that special games night where Gretel went in to that 'special' room across the backyard (that wasn't really games more of less a series of draw straws in a different way per round to get to the first person to be told).

I liked Aphrodite and was a little bummed she went out first, I thought she had the potential to be another Sara-Marie type at the time. I don't know if getting involved with Igor turned out to be her undoing, As he followed her out the door the following week, a bit like how TJ & Bodie's tiffs were a big focus of the first 3 weeks of BB2007 then the public booted them both in the early Double Eviction.

I thought Wesley was cute too. Funny Story back in the day I liked (/ had a bit of a crush on) the School Captain of both my Primary and High School, who were in the year above me, but not being totally self accepting of my orientation at 11 and age 16 (when BB2004 aired), tried telling myself 'oh I just think they're really cool guys I'd like to be friends with'. Uh-Huh..... Right. Later I found out the former actually plays on the team, so there's that.

Back to BB, I liked his hair too, I was a little pre-occupied in those days with guys and how they got their fringe to kinda..... 'Levitate?' like that without seemingly much effort put into it and I thought that looked cool. Cue me laying it on a little bit with the hair gel from time to time (you should see my Year 12 school picture, sheesh that is pretty petrified and held in place for sure). Anyways Wesley was kinda always just there in the peripheral of storylines IIRC, a bit like Kane in the same season but not quite as cruisey as Trevor from memory, until he was 'the one that was meant to be evicted' and got dragged into that whole Bree returns thing. Need do more of a rewatch.

I remember liking Elle too, one of the big news stories or diary highlights from the first week on the OS I recall was 'Elle Farts in Igor's Face' LOL. Quality news updates.

Terri hung in there for quite a while I think she was nominated for 6 weeks straight (and was only a few % behind Elle's eviction) and the others started to call her 'the Terminator'. It'd be interesting on rewatch to see her Trajectory too.

Last edited:
I liked Aphrodite and was a little bummed she went out first, I thought she had the potential to be another Sara-Marie type at the time.

I thought Wesley was cute too. I liked his hair too, I was a little pre-occupied in those days with guys and how they got their fringe to kinda..... 'Levitate?'

I liked Aphrodite the very first time I watched, but this time I found her really annoying and inappropriate. She mocked Merlin for telling her his insecurity is being vulnerable and I just thought it was insensitive and rude. She spent her whole first week crying and victim playing. She got better in the second week and I would have preferred Igor went but she still irritated me.

I think Wesley is very cute still all these years later. He’s a cookie cutter example of my type (yes I’m basic @ me all you want). I get he was boring but he was my favourite when I was a teenager purely for the fact that I was a young sexually developing boy who was still new and coming to terms with my attraction to other males.

So far this rewatch has been a bit slow, but after the first eviction and Paul starts stirring everyone up it picks up. This cast is quite bitchy and have had the least trouble nominating so far of all 4 groups. However this may be because the nominations segments are edited heavily where anytime BB asks them to be specific or gives them feedback it’s cut out, so maybe they just appear to be nominating well but it looks like a lot of them genuinely don’t like eachother.

I liked Aphrodite the very first time I watched, but this time I found her really annoying and inappropriate. She mocked Merlin for telling her his insecurity is being vulnerable and I just thought it was insensitive and rude. She spent her whole first week crying and victim playing. She got better in the second week and I would have preferred Igor went but she still irritated me.

I think Wesley is very cute still all these years later. He’s a cookie cutter example of my type (yes I’m basic @ me all you want). I get he was boring but he was my favourite when I was a teenager purely for the fact that I was a young sexually developing boy who was still new and coming to terms with my attraction to other males.

So far this rewatch has been a bit slow, but after the first eviction and Paul starts stirring everyone up it picks up. This cast is quite bitchy and have had the least trouble nominating so far of all 4 groups. However this may be because the nominations segments are edited heavily where anytime BB asks them to be specific or gives them feedback it’s cut out, so maybe they just appear to be nominating well but it looks like a lot of them genuinely don’t like eachother.
Aphrodite was one of those housemates I enjoyed watching but didn't necessarily like. I wanted her to stay longer, but just for the drama she brought.

I remember there was one eviction show where Gretel was asking random audience members who their favourites were and a young boy said Wesley because of his looks. Gretel's reaction cracked me up at the time. I wonder if I would still find it amusing.

It was probably Cobra as thats exactly how they operated. They were all over the place until a class action lawsuit shut them down just a few years ago.
Not sure if it's the same company, but my current partner was involved in the class action against one of these MLM schemes. Dodgy places.

Last edited:
I can’t seem to get it to play on iPhone
I just checked and vaughnlive doesn't seem to be working on iOS. It has in the past so I am not sure what the issue is. I would have used twitch, but they don't like people streaming television shows and such so it probably would have been shut down.

On on brighter note, if anyone cares, the playlist now includes over 200 hours of live feed footage from the first 2 weeks on BB06. I think I have a little more from when the intruders arrived and Up Late episodes spanning the entire series, but that's about it.

So Igor wracked up 17 points in the first nominations. That has to be the most in the channel 10 version? Charne got 22 in the first round in 2012 but that’s also with the 5 point twist and only 7 eligible nominees. I have this really false memory of Gretel saying Laura in 2007 receiving the most nominations of all seven series, but she only received 12? Idk why I remember that but I feel like I’m remembering wrong.

I just checked and vaughnlive doesn't seem to be working on iOS. It has in the past so I am not sure what the issue is. I would have used twitch, but they don't like people streaming television shows and such so it probably would have been shut down.

On on brighter note, if anyone cares, the playlist now includes over 200 hours of live feed footage from the first 2 weeks on BB06. I think I have a little more from when the intruders arrived and Up Late episodes spanning the entire series, but that's about it.

Any chance your entire set can be made available for download somewhere? I'd probably even pay.

Any chance your entire set can be made available for download somewhere? I'd probably even pay.
Haha remember paying so much on that torrent site to keep a good ratio to get all the old seasons?
All that effort and I’ve yet to go back rewatch haha.

Back