Skip to main content

WTF

My aunty got a 7 day ban from facebook.

After many messages enquiring what she had done, she was finally told that she had made an unacceptable comment in a thread asking "What is your favourite perfume?". She had replied 'Opium', which had been picked up by a bot and flagged for a 7 day ban.
She explained that it's a real perfume, but they were unable or unwilling to reverse the ban.

My aunty got a 7 day ban from facebook.

After many messages enquiring what she had done, she was finally told that she had made an unacceptable comment in a thread asking "What is your favourite perfume?". She had replied 'Opium', which had been picked up by a bot and flagged for a 7 day ban.
She explained that it's a real perfume, but they were unable or unwilling to reverse the ban.
Ohh ffs I know very little about perfume and I have heard of it, so it's not like is a little known fragrance.

The FB autobots are very sensitive. I joked to someone "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you". It's a common phrase and NOT A DEATH THREAT. But the bots removed it within seconds and sent me a warning notice (no ban). I copped a three day ban for posting pics of men in underwear in a 'men in underwear' group once though. How very American to get three days off for men in underwear but just a warning for something that might have been a death threat.

Has anyone else noticed here why someone in programming at channel 9 in Australia always plays the same movie on new years night called "Can't Stop The Music"?. Channel 9 has broadcast this same movie on new years night for many years and yes they are going to show it again later tonight for new years! lol!

Anyway just thought it's worth a mention here in the "WTF" thread because I can't believe that station would show the exact same movie on every new years night for many years now...lol

Cheers! :D

Has anyone else noticed here why someone in programming at channel 9 in Australia always plays the same movie on new years night called "Can't Stop The Music"?. Channel 9 has broadcast this same movie on new years night for many years and yes they are going to show it again later tonight for new years! lol!
It's a Channel Nine tradition. Or perhaps an in joke? Great movie though.

It's a Channel Nine tradition. Or perhaps an in joke? Great movie though.

LOL! I remember watching the movie some years ago thinking it was the first time they showed it on that night, and well every year after that they are still showing it every new years! lol. Yes great movie. It was made back in 1980 I wonder if channel 9 has been showing it every new years since then? LOL! :D

image.png.647ef83991ec9eae2139f1c747a93723.png

Yesterday when I brought up Google Chrome on our desktop computer, my browser had changed into German. I right clicked and hit translate into English, and all was good.
Today it happened on my laptop.
Anyone have any idea as to why that would happen?
I have a VPN installed but it's set to Melbourne rather than Sydney. Could it shift location without showing it?
It's easy enough to rectify, but it's never EVER happened before.
We've had the VPN since about last May.
Anyone's wisdom would be much appreciated.

Back