Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I think if you are vaccinated, there should be no reason why you are on welfare. I would say to them to get a job within 2 months or lose the welfare.
Agree. If you're vaccinated and are able to work and live in WA, SA, QLD or Tasmania then there shouldn't be any excuses. I'd maybe be more lenient to NSW and VIC because of major disruptions to businesses with lockdown.

With some states bordering 80-90% and the unemployment rate low with businesses preferring vaccinated employees, there should be no reason why these vaccinated people cannot get jobs.

I think if you are vaccinated, there should be no reason why you are on welfare. I would say to them to get a job within 2 months or lose the welfare.
You can look for a job it doesn't necessarily mean you will get employed. These places say they are desperate for staff but they still put ridiculous expectations regarding experience and qualifications on the job ad sometimes.

Agree. If you're vaccinated and are able to work and live in WA, SA, QLD or Tasmania then there shouldn't be any excuses. I'd maybe be more lenient to NSW and VIC because of major disruptions to businesses with lockdown.
Attack the vulnerable but ignore the rich?

You can look for a job it doesn't necessarily mean you will get employed. These places say they are desperate for staff but they still put ridiculous expectations regarding experience and qualifications on the job ad sometimes.

Agree with this. No guarantee of an interview even if you meet all their requirements. Sometimes it is hard to know what these businesses really want.

Some places have unrealistic expectations, I agree with that. But there are some people out there who deliberately flunk interviews or hand in crappy resumes to try and not get the job and stay on the welfare. I don't think those people should be supported.

Agree with this. No guarantee of an interview even if you meet all their requirements. Sometimes it is hard to know what these businesses really want.
Or from experience you will get an interview and prepare based on the position description and ad and the they ask a bunch of totally different questions that don't relate to either and you don't get the job because you don't match a criteria that if you knew was a part of the job you would not have applied in the first place. Lol

Some places have unrealistic expectations, I agree with that. But there are some people out there who deliberately flunk interviews or hand in crappy resumes to try and not get the job and stay on the welfare. I don't think those people should be supported.
Oh yes that they do or don't show at all. But the welfare system feeds into that because they say you have to apply for x amount of jobs to get the payment so I can imagine to make up those numbers you would need to apply for a fair few jobs you know you don't want or are not qualified for especially if you don't live in a big metro area with lots of job options

(RedMob.cc)_but-the-dole-bludgers-preview.jpg

Oh yes that they do or don't show at all. But the welfare system feeds into that because they say you have to apply for x amount of jobs to get the payment so I can imagine to make up those numbers you would need to apply for a fair few jobs you know you don't want or are not qualified for especially if you don't live in a big metro area with lots of job options
I think people should accept that not every job is going to be enjoyable and having something is better than nothing. It's not like someone is locked into a job forever. They can move on to something better. To not give a decent attempt as a strategy to stay on welfare is disrespectful in my opinion. That money should be used to support struggling families or people who can't work instead.

Back