Skip to main content

Daniel and his advantages.

In Terms Of Advantages, Do You Think That Daniel Gets Favoured Far Too Much By Production?

• Yes, and it's annoying.

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • Yes, but he's providing good television so it doesn't matter.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Mixed

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • No, he's just taking the opportunities when they are presented to him.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • No, others have had more powerful advantages than him (Mary and SJ fake double eviction)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, it's annoying. But they showed favoritism towards Terri (2008) and Ben (2013) as well. It's always been nauseating. At least Danny is somewhat entertaining. I'm not sure other HMs would run with the opportunities the way he has...

When I look at him, all I see is a man who admitted he's been punched in the head on more than one occasion, and I find that completely understandable.
It’s strange because I think I would want to punch him too (well my imagination tells me I would). As a viewer I enjoy watching him, not the favouritism treatment though. But talking to him and being in the house with him, I think I would find him bothersome.

I was pretty frustrated with how much advantages SJ and Danny were receiving tonight. Like c’mon! Danny has been super entertaining but this level of involvement is just ridiculous now!

I was pretty frustrated with how much advantages SJ and Danny were receiving tonight. Like c’mon! Danny has been super entertaining but this level of involvement is just ridiculous now!

It'll probably end up making Marley the winner because most voters will be super resentful of the advantages that both Daniel and SJ have received.

It'll probably end up making Marley the winner because most voters will be super resentful of the advantages that both Daniel and SJ have received.
From friends, colleagues and family around me, they love Danny! I imagine this is the case with others too. SJ is not likeable though.

Doesn’t even have to win anything to put up and get out any target he wants, lol

From friends, colleagues and family around me, they love Danny! I imagine this is the case with others too. SJ is not likeable though.
Yeah casual viewers I’ve chatted to at work etc all seem to love Danny. Producers know something.

Yeah casual viewers I’ve chatted to at work etc all seem to love Danny. Producers know something.
My work whatsapp group go off whenever Danny pulls some sort of stunt. They think he is the best thing. Producers see he has appeal and they are not wrong. Comparing him to SJ, he also seems like a person with more heart too. He isn’t just obnoxious or all strategy, for me he does come across like he cares. In saying that I don’t think producers need to get this involved though.

In defence of people saying the producers are playing favourites. Isn't that part of the game in this format? Make yourself actually compelling and interesting and the production will keep you in. It's just another frontier of game play. We don't want a house of pot plants where the final few weeks are people with no personality staring at walls where the most exciting thing is them eating oats.

Not really - any game show format should never be about gaining favour with the producers, and being given advantage after advantage is very different from being given a good edit. The US version gets accusations of "fix" thrown at it everytime certain players win or a call has to be made on a competition for example, and sometimes they get accused of advising people to vote certain ways or leaking information that perhaps they shouldn't, but they have never gone anywhere close to the manipulation BB Aus has.

In defence of people saying the producers are playing favourites. Isn't that part of the game in this format? Make yourself actually compelling and interesting and the production will keep you in. It's just another frontier of game play. We don't want a house of pot plants where the final few weeks are people with no personality staring at walls where the most exciting thing is them eating oats.

When you have the producers strongly suggesting to Daniel that he goes last in the panic room task during hell week, when he wanted to go earlier, then that's crossing a line.

Back