Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Morrison is a failure.

So here we are, he failed to secure vaccines, in fact, sat on his hands and did the bare minimum leading us to have a slow rollout. That is his doing. He actively took measures against faster rollouts.

He has refused to implement a proper quarantine system, instead insisting a system that is known to have leaks.

So then with a situation with low levels of vaccination. Potential of leaks into the community that could cause mass spreading. Meaning there'll be future lockdowns. This is their policy for Australia. Slow vaccines, leaky quarantine. Just hoping "she'll be right."

So they revoke job keeper and other measures to help people during lockdowns, with no provisions or planning for assistance for those inevitable future lockdowns.

He then sits there basically blaming the Vic Government for the failure of his policies. From what he said, it was basically, "well Vic did the lockdown, their problem." He's created the situation why we need the lockdown. He is absolving his responsibilities. Playing politics and risking 10,000s of deaths. What he is saying is that Vic should just give up fighting the pandemic when he talks like that.

The last good thing about Scott Morrison left him in the Engadine Maccas in '97.
No matter how you folk in Oz complain
none of you would live in the USA where half the population (the ones w/guns) think the Election was stolen & 6 January was a tour gone awry
We're lucky to have the POTUS we do now, still millions died from February 2020 until now
(I still am a covid nurse, now treating those who
1. refuse vaccines
2. young nutters partying w/o masks & definitely not social distancing
One other level of nuttery
think that Covid is God's will
these peeps believe HIV is a gay curse
so no vaccine can protect that which God chooses to smite
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
pardon for waxing on...just got off 3 day shift) back to BBaus witty banter mode

Last edited:
I'm in Sydney, so our lockdowns are very different.
Victoria's are a lot stricter and more frequent unfortunately.
if you don't mind (& Sephrenia also ignores me now)
she gave me a list of nicknames for the states
but I'm interested in your views on your neighbours
btw I only just found out that Columbo was born in Tasmania
explains so much in light of Loony Tune cartoons
here's a Pride worthy domino spiral video to show i'm still making my way through ep 19...

Morrison is a failure.

So here we are, he failed to secure vaccines, in fact, sat on his hands and did the bare minimum leading us to have a slow rollout. That is his doing. He actively took measures against faster rollouts.

He has refused to implement a proper quarantine system, instead insisting a system that is known to have leaks.

So then with a situation with low levels of vaccination. Potential of leaks into the community that could cause mass spreading. Meaning there'll be future lockdowns. This is their policy for Australia. Slow vaccines, leaky quarantine. Just hoping "she'll be right."

So they revoke job keeper and other measures to help people during lockdowns, with no provisions or planning for assistance for those inevitable future lockdowns.

He then sits there basically blaming the Vic Government for the failure of his policies. From what he said, it was basically, "well Vic did the lockdown, their problem." He's created the situation why we need the lockdown. He is absolving his responsibilities. Playing politics and risking 10,000s of deaths. What he is saying is that Vic should just give up fighting the pandemic when he talks like that.

The last good thing about Scott Morrison left him in the Engadine Maccas in '97.
Thanks for a really good run down for those of us not in Oz
not to beat a dead horse
as bad as this is for you folk
we Yanks have it worse (& so many mass shootings just last May
sort of Covid emphasized madness)

I almost booked a trip to QLD to go diving with minke whales this month. Good thing I knew to be hesitant about long term plans.

I wish more shops were open with in-store shopping. Social distancing lowered numbers masks etc.

I want to go to Office Works. I'm organising stuff and need more storage containers, but I am not ordering them click and collect without seeing them.

Eh I guess I'll have to measure a couple I got a few weeks back and figure out which ones they are. Oh the pain.
Diving w/minke whales...

Looks like Victorian lockdown is going to be extended - sorry to hear friends!
Not sure if this is someone youse guyse hate
but he did a nice job of explaining to me what is happening in Victoria
also, it's the 1st I've heard you have a variant (more rapid & deadly) virus
((((sending prayers your way)))

I almost booked a trip to QLD to go diving with minke whales this month. Good thing I knew to be hesitant about long term plans.

I wish more shops were open with in-store shopping. Social distancing lowered numbers masks etc.

I want to go to Office Works. I'm organising stuff and need more storage containers, but I am not ordering them click and collect without seeing them.

Eh I guess I'll have to measure a couple I got a few weeks back and figure out which ones they are. Oh the pain.

I think everyone should start being hesitant about long term plans.

Ridiculous that he is doing it or that is not enough?

Ridiculous that he is doing it.

From what I read, they are getting $500 per week. That is close to the amount that JobSeeker's are receiving every 2 weeks. So in my opinion it is enough.

Back