Skip to main content

...the many things that you remember as a kid or teenager...

I had followers growing up.
Except they were friends and I didnt have to upload choreographed fictious and staged antics and photos.
We are reaching a a real dire nadir in human society when false currencies of popularity are crafted.
And revered and slavishly and foolishly looked upon as admiration.
By the way. Follow me on my all my social medias. Boost my profile.
You might have to look hard and delve deep since I dont have any.

February said:
Not often, but we went a good few times. I don't remember seeing them disappear. They just all seemed to go.
Why were they closed, had the novelty worn off?

Ha! I do remember the Sizzlers around here did have a food poisoning outbreak back in those days, and I think it closed soon after that.

The other day I remembered when I was younger there was these pressurized flavoured spray cans that we used to make milkshakes. Luckily someone has uploaded the original tv ad onto youtube. I thought these were great just spray the flavour into a glass of milk for an instant chocolate, strawberry or vanilla flavoured milkshake! You don't see these on any supermarket shelves anymore...lol

...my sweet darling wife cracked me up the other day with saying something to me that I last heard my dear departed mum say to me as a 12 year old kid all those many years ago... I was taking quite a while doing something for her and she was getting very impatient with me and finally cracked... she finally blurted out... “you’re like an old fart in a bottle trying to pop the cork!... hurry up will you?”... wow!... instant flashback to way back when I was a kid lol!... cheers.

....not exactly when I was a kid or teenager but I decided to post it anyway... when I was about 26 I did this drawing in 1979... it was drawn with a fine black biro pen...

CDA38947-6967-4854-8BDE-9995F8CFEE34.jpeg

...since my major stroke about 2 years ago... I cannot barely scrawl my signature or write mainly due to the fact that my dominant side was totally paralysed from the stroke... my drawing/painting/writing skills were lost... for the first time in 2 years I have tried to have a go at drawing again... this is my first attempt...I tried to draw the head of the Corgi on the left... the above drawing was done in 1979 when I was about 26... the drawing below was done today...

F2CE26C2-FC1C-493C-BB32-AF0977587517.jpeg

...not very good at all... looks like I have a loooooooong way to go (if ever) to regain what I once had... but my motto is “never give up”... and I won’t!... I’m such a stubborn git lol!... it’s horrible to lose something that I always took for granted that I could do so easily back then but life is what it is I guess... maybe my next attempts will be better lol!... cheers.

Hey Mr. Sticky. I think that recent picture looks pretty good especially with everything you have been through. I can't draw like that. I can't draw anything, lol. I think you will keep on improving with your drawing. What you have so far is very good already. :)

Lol. I am not stupid enough to ☎️ and I knew their tricks of pooling the callers in the round and only selecting one.
Never saw the show so rigged you reckon? To get deliberate dumbarses to answer to amplify the laughter quotient?

Never saw the show so rigged you reckon? To get deliberate dumbarses to answer to amplify the laughter quotient?

Yep. There was a condition that contestants are randomly selected during each game so they pool the calls each round and select one per round. Sometime they could wait for 2 minutes but sometimes the pooling time could be 15-20 minutes.

Hey Mr. Sticky. I think that recent picture looks pretty good especially with everything you have been through. I can't draw like that. I can't draw anything, lol. I think you will keep on improving with your drawing. What you have so far is very good already. :)
...thankyou It’s Not... kind of you to say so... but as I said... “ looks like I have a loooooooong way to go (if ever) to regain what I once had... but still... I’ll still have a lot of fun trying anyway lol!... cheers.

...I saw lollygobbleblissbombs in either Coles or Woolworths the other day... I didn’t realise they were still around lol!... cheers.

ADF7AEA3-9220-4E20-93B7-E5A0EECD6DF3.jpeg

Reactions: kxk
…I saw a young girl playing with a hula hoop today… it must be about 30 years at least since last saw a kid playing with one of them… I’m surprised that they are still around… they don’t work on batteries or use a digital screen… that’s why I’m so surprised I guess?… cheers.

…does anyone remember when they gave us a small bottle of milk at school during lunch?… it was just plain old milk back then…nowadays if they still did it they would be a tad bit worried about how many different types there are now… apparently there are 13 Types of Milk…
  • Raw Milk. The next commonly known type of cow milk is raw milk. ...
  • Low Fat Milk. Different types of milk are often categorized based on the amount of fat in them. ...
  • Double Toned Milk. ...
  • Full Cream Milk. ...
  • Organic Milk. ...
  • Skimmed Milk (Fat-Free Milk) ...
  • Soy Milk. ...
  • Other Types of Milk. …(Almond milk / flavoured milk etc) …
…there are many others… these were just a few… no wonder they don’t bother with them anymore… lol!… cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Back