Skip to main content

The Masked Singer AU 2020

Julia Morris is a good sport, glad it was her.

I have to join the non-fans of KMH, I pretty much hate all of her performances on this show, she's too shrill.

Puppet confirmed as Simon Pryce as he was in Cats the musical which is his connection to Judy Dench.

Queen= KMH, 'Last Day on Earth' clue tonight confirms this as she has a song by the same name

Kitten= Julia Morris

Bush Ranger= Bonnie Anderson

Frillneck = Eddie Perfect

Bush Ranger is my favourite.

Is tonight the first time Hughesy correctly guessed someone?
Just a question bleach.
I dont watch the show really just flick in and out.
But im a bit perplexed. From the very brief glimpses Ive seen , it seems the judges make quite silly outlandish gusses with at best , tenuous links to the clues. I wouldnt be a bit surprised that the judges could actually be instructed to do this. Since the show is really ,well really , pivotal as to who it is. Everything else is peripheral. So a correct judge guess acts really as a major spoiler.
If, I am right, and its a big if as I dont really watch, it seems a silly catch -22 to be locked into.
Maybe let the judges make one guess and one guess only, immediately before the reveal.
The "mystique" as to who is who (woo hoo) seems to be the crux. And the clues really seem to be 9 degrees of seperation in their application.
Which is fine I guess if you are ok with it. The hindsight effect in which the clues all make sense, after the reveal has often proven to be a lazy device in literature. As in, you could really have never have figured it out as the clues were presented but only link after the reveal.
Of course, Im probably mad and barking up the wrong tree but im interested in yours, or anyones thoughts on the matter.

Interesting. How did the spoilers get out so quickly? Not of who wins, but the identity of the singers has been an open book.
Because the voices and clues, combined with the power of the internet, makes it incredibly obvious. It only takes two episodes and you can usually pick who everybody is from thereafter.

Who does choreography and design for this?
They deserve awards, I love, love love the crazy dancers
I know Michelle Barr is one of the main choreographers, this season and last. She has been in a lot of musicals. She also did DWTS.

Reactions: kxk
Just a question bleach.
But im a bit perplexed. From the very brief glimpses Ive seen , it seems the judges make quite silly outlandish gusses with at best , tenuous links to the clues. I wouldnt be a bit surprised that the judges could actually be instructed to do this. Since the show is really ,well really , pivotal as to who it is. Everything else is peripheral. So a correct judge guess acts really as a major spoiler.
If, I am right, and its a big if as I dont really watch, it seems a silly catch -22 to be locked into.
Maybe let the judges make one guess and one guess only, immediately before the reveal.
The "mystique" as to who is who (woo hoo) seems to be the crux. And the clues really seem to be 9 degrees of seperation in their application.
Which is fine I guess if you are ok with it. The hindsight effect in which the clues all make sense, after the reveal has often proven to be a lazy device in literature. As in, you could really have never have figured it out as the clues were presented but only link after the reveal.
Of course, Im probably mad and barking up the wrong tree but im interested in yours, or anyones thoughts on the matter.
Indeed. Their ā€œguessesā€ are almost entirely scripted most of the time.

Just a question bleach.
Iā€™m less cynical than others and I donā€™t really believe that every guess that the judges make are handed to them. I think they probably have scope to make their own guesses trying to piece together the clues.

Sometimes itā€™s outlandish and I think the purpose of those guesses are to provide humour and entertainment. Osher referred to the show as light hearted or something along those lines tonight. If you want serious guesses only then this is not the show for you. Itā€™s how itā€™s done in international versions also.

Sometimes they make what I would call very good, but incorrect guesses and I find these interesting. The outlandish guesses do make me eye roll sometimes, but other times make me laugh. Different horses for different courses and all.

So personally, I enjoy the judges guesses and I think it would lose some of the light entertainment value of the show if you wanted only serious judge guesses only. No oneā€™s life or career depends on this show (unlike, arguably on other talent shows).

So yeah I do think the judges know what type of show they are making and so make good but incorrect and outlandish guesses alongside the few actually correct guesses knowing they are doing so in the spirit of the show.

Itā€™s light hearted fun and imho should be watched in that spirit.

Yeah. Thanks bleach. That all makes sense. Too much analysis into "frillneck" and the like seems a bit silly.
Dave hughes does seem to me a bit ummm how can I put it, not quite right for the show.
Cant put my finger on why, just doesnt seem to flow with the show. When I see him, the tone jars.
But contractual obligations and all that and a "name" needed and all that I suppose.
Damn, you reasonable minded masked singer people........
tenor.gif

Yeah. Thanks bleach. That all makes sense. Too much analysis into "frillneck" and the like seems a bit silly.
Dave hughes does seem to me a bit ummm how can I put it, not quite right for the show.
Cant put my finger on why, just doesnt seem to flow with the show. When I see him, the tone jars.
But contractual obligations and all that and a "name" needed and all that I suppose.
Damn, you reasonable minded masked singer people........
tenor.gif
To be honest I kind of agree. I like Hughesy in certain situations a lot. And in others not so much. I used to love his rants on the Hughesy Loses It segment back on Rove Live. I love when he is paired with Kate on the radio. I donā€™t mind when he is hosting Hughesy weā€™ve got a problem. Iā€™m not a fan of the current radio partnership of him and Ed Kavalee. And heā€™s not my exactly my favourite for Masked Singer. But I accept that others find him funny on this. On the other hand, I flipping LOVE Urzila on this, even when she is making more outlandish guesses than Hughesy.

I wouldn't call myself a KMH fan, her music isn't my cup of tea at all, but after Eurovision, I grew to like her.
Her performances on this show though, are terrible. I don't know if its her trying to disguise her voice or what, but it's no good.

The puppet should have been out long ago, well before Julia and Sophie. I'm also indifferent towards Eddie.

Bushranger for the win! Great voice and the best performances across the series. I don't really know who Bonnie is though, but I know she doesn't get much love around here (@the Theorist ) ;)

Bushranger
confirmed for final 3 - Jackie O revealed on radio that she still doesn't know who they are, inferring that they make it to the finale.

I know everyone says Bushranger is Bonnie Anderson, who as I've said I know nothing about.
She seems to match the clues, so I concede.
Still sounds like Samantha Jade to me though.

I don't really know who Bonnie is though, but I know she doesn't get much love around here (@the Theorist ) ;)
I really shouldnā€™t because Iā€™ve got family members who are good friends with her. But in my defence, most of my opinions are unfairly based around her character on Neighbours. The character is insufferable on the show. šŸ˜‚

Back