Skip to main content

BBUSA: All Stars 2 on CBS

And the big surprise - they're doing the premiere live. Usually the HGs move in about a week before the premiere.

“BIG BROTHER” ALL-STARS EDITION DEBUTS WITH A TWO-HOUR LIVE MOVE-IN PREMIERE EVENT WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5, 9:00-11:00 PM ON CBS

browse.php

Season 22 Returns with Three Weekly Episodes
The summer reality hit BIG BROTHER will debut its 22nd season with an All-Star cast who have one thing in common – they all have something to prove. The two-hour live move-in premiere event will air Wednesday, August 5 (9:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.
This summer marks BIG BROTHER’s 20th anniversary since debuting on CBS Television Network on July 5, 2000. Season 22 is the second time in the series’ history to feature an All-Star cast, the first being in 2006.
BIG BROTHER will once again have three weekly episodes. Following the premiere, the series will air Sundays and Wednesdays (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), and Thursdays (8:00-9:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT), featuring the live eviction show hosted by Julie Chen Moonves. The All-Star houseguests, including winners, finalists, legends, memorable personalities and some of the best to never win the game, will be announced closer to premiere.
The BIG BROTHER production will follow specific health and safety protocols for COVID-19 with the welfare of everyone involved as the highest priority. Houseguests will undergo a quarantine period prior to production and will be tested several times prior to entering the House. Once inside, they will be tested weekly during the season and have no contact with any crew members, and all supplies delivered will be disinfected. In addition, the live show will not have a studio audience.
All staff and crew members will be tested prior to commencing work on a regular basis, as well as screened daily for symptoms. They’ll be required to wear PPE and will work in pods to enhance social distancing. In addition, a COVID-19 compliance officer will be on staff to monitor and enforce all health and safety COVID-19 protocols.
Since its premiere on CBS in the summer of 2000, BIG BROTHER has continued to be one of television’s top-rated summer series in young demographics. Last summer, the Wednesday and Thursday episodes were tops in key demos among all broadcasts. In addition, season 21 of BIG BROTHER saw double-digit growth over the previous season in full episode streams across CBS digital platforms.
BIG BROTHER follows a group of people living together in a house outfitted with 94 HD cameras and 113 microphones, recording their every move 24 hours a day. Each week, someone will be voted out of the house, with the last remaining Houseguest receiving the grand prize of $500,000. BIG BROTHER is produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan for Fly on the Wall Entertainment in association with Endemol Shine North America.

Rumours circulating as to the cast:
To summarise, the original cast 'supposedly' looked as following, however got altered due to numerous cast supposedly testing positive or for other reasons, corrections shown: This cast list does seem legit.
Males:
Tyler (BB20)
Josh (BB20) Memphis (BB10)
Ian (BB14)
Cody (BB16)
Kaysar (BB6 and 7)
Hayden Moss (BB12) Kevin (BB11)
Paul Abrahamian David (BB21)
Enzo (BB12)

Females:
Kaycee (BB20) Christmas (BB19)
Janelle (BB 6, 7 and 14)
Amber (BB16) Nicole Anthony (BB21)
Danielle Donato (BB8 and 13)
Danielle rays (BB3) Keisha (BB10)
Beyleigh (BB20)
Nicole Franzel (BB21)
Da'Vonne
Possible Alternates:
Christmas (BB19)
Nicole Anthony (BB21)

Overall doesn't seem like a horrible 'supposed' cast, few questionable decisions such as David (BB21) but then again probably just rushed, last minute decision. Shame a few of the people on the original list could not make it. Lots of amazing cast member imo, should make for good viewing. Pretty good considering the circumstances we are under.

David from last year makes more sense than Paul from BB18/19 - indeed many thought he showed real potential as a gameplayer but just never had the opportunity.

Kevin (who?) is no replacement for Hayden, and having Enzo in without Hayden makes little sense (like Boogie only really made the first All Stars due to Will). I liked Memphis at the time but 12 years on surely they could do better - a shame to lose Josh.

I wonder though if the alternates have either been sequestered or been asked to isolate at home prior to being chosen. Originally it was reported 20 were isolating with 16 to be chosen and 4 alternates, but it seems they've lost more than 4 by now so unless more alternates were self isolating they can't really move them in on Day 1 if they're taking the 14 day quarantine seriously. Guess though they can move in a few a week late as a "twist", but ideally once the show starts they shouldn't bring anyone else into that bubble.

Really interesting interview with Allison about the season - confirmed at last they'll be a new set for Julie. Also talk about how they've had to make changes for competitions, the house having nods to the past which will reveal twists, why they're doing a live premiere and whether they'll breech the "no contact with the outside world" rule to update them on the pandemic situation, reminding us they had to do that way back in 2001 due to 9/11.

I wish the live move in would be BBUK style where they each get a song that fits their personality

Will be interesting how they do it actually with it being a 2 hour show. If it was an hour I'd guess they'd send them in as 3 or 4 groups then the last part or two would be the HoH comp - but as they have 2 hours to fill they'll need a bit more. I don't think they'll send them in one by one as that would be a rather dull start and it sounds like they're trying to replicate their usual premiere, but live, so I suspect they'll be a couple of rounds of competitions.

Will be interesting how they do it actually with it being a 2 hour show. If it was an hour I'd guess they'd send them in as 3 or 4 groups then the last part or two would be the HoH comp - but as they have 2 hours to fill they'll need a bit more. I don't think they'll send them in one by one as that would be a rather dull start and it sounds like they're trying to replicate their usual premiere, but live, so I suspect they'll be a couple of rounds of competitions.

Interesting she mentions this when talking about competitions “we've come up with a creative solution where maybe the Big Brother yard is its own world”... I wonder if that means they’re finally using a separate competition space?

I took it that they might use a green screen rather than have a separate set for each comp, but who knows. Not sure what films in the nearest studios but perhaps CBS has given them space if other productions are still locked down.

Remains to be seen what form the new studio takes but I did think with them dropping the audience there could be potential to use the studio space for competitions as well, especially for the Veto.

Is so nice though having a proper pre-season of speculation with us knowing virtually nothing (other than some rumoured cast members, and those rumours are far from in agreement) after experiencing the BBAus pre-season where virtually everything was known before the show started.

I took it that they might use a green screen rather than have a separate set for each comp, but who knows. Not sure what films in the nearest studios but perhaps CBS has given them space if other productions are still locked down.

Remains to be seen what form the new studio takes but I did think with them dropping the audience there could be potential to use the studio space for competitions as well, especially for the Veto.

Is so nice though having a proper pre-season of speculation with us knowing virtually nothing (other than some rumoured cast members, and those rumours are far from in agreement) after experiencing the BBAus pre-season where virtually everything was known before the show started.

In terms of the studio it’s the same amount of space used prior to the reintroduction of an audience in 2009.

As for the pre-season it certainly has been “unexpected”... Hopefully they learn a thing or two and change things up a bit moving forward. While I’ve been anti All-Stars this might just be what the series needs to shake things up after a decade or so of staleness.

I think as alluded to in that interview they are willing to shake things up a bit more for All Stars as they feel they need to. The original gave us the Double HoH, Coup d'Etat and Slop, the first two being twists they'd never got close to in a regular season before.

I do think they've been willing to shake things up a bit more in recent years compared to previously, although things like the Care Packages, Temptations and Power Apps were all the same twists in different packages, and before that they'd done a few variations of having a third nominee. The twist I find most repetitive is returning housemates - they've had 16 between the two All Stars series across BB11, 13, 14, 18 and 19 - but that's why I was quite open to an All Stars this year as it draws a line under the era and should ensure the next couple of series at least are all newbies.

I think like everyone the biggest shame is they keep the same house layout year after year. For a few years that's fine, but the house can offer potential in terms of twists etc. and being confined to the same layout means it is harder to accomodate them. Yes, to be fair they've made good use of the spare space upstairs firstly with Pandoras Box then the Double HoH and then as a spare room for various twists, but in addition for almost 15 years they've had an almost redundant room downstairs which rarely serves a purpose other than a defacto HoH room when that isn't available for double evictions or last minute campaigning. Canada do a better job of basically keeping the same layout but designing the house in a way they get away with it, and in addition making changes when they need to which enable them to do the twists they want to.

Last edited:
Back