Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

723 new cases? Oh god.

Sorry I had to change the topic after reading some of the nonsense posted on the last page.

Last edited:
I expect more of the same in other states, I don't imagine any state except Vic now, has taken this seriously enough
It is bound to get Queensland, everyone is at the beach in mobs

As I ranted weeks ago, Vic people behaved like morons as soon or even before restrictions were eased a bit
They all went back to cafes and busy streets mingling closely, as I said I tried to report it, nobody to report to, I tried the police, useless

The most sparsely populated states have been lucky, WA,SA,Tas are winning simply because they have fewer people I expect
Tell us what are people doing where you live???
If they are behaving like dickheads as they did here, you are in for a new big wave
This is beyond politics
I feel sorry for all responsible leaders they must have horrible nightmares trying to get through this
Imagine what is happening in less healthy countries, I mean financial and health risky places

Anyway, for a change how about we do some positive posting:)
You know the "good" part of this thread

Have you done anything interesting in lockdown, learnt anything, acquired any new skills, created something, whatever???

I have been baking a LOT

And drawing
And I am designing a bed, and an outdoor arabian set up

And I feel quite proud to have taught myself how to cut and colour my own hair.
And I do not intend to go back to hairdressers, I like being able to snip bits whenever I like

youtube has several tutorials

I have a nice shag haircut

I expect more of the same in other states, I don't imagine any state except Vic now, has taken this seriously enough
It is bound to get Queensland, everyone is at the beach in mobs

As I ranted weeks ago, Vic people behaved like morons as soon or even before restrictions were eased a bit
They all went back to cafes and busy streets mingling closely, as I said I tried to report it, nobody to report to, I tried the police, useless

The most sparsely populated states have been lucky, WA,SA,Tas are winning simply because they have fewer people I expect
Tell us what are people doing where you live???
If they are behaving like dickheads as they did here, you are in for a new big wave
This is beyond politics
I feel sorry for all responsible leaders they must have horrible nightmares trying to get through this
Imagine what is happening in less healthy countries, I mean financial and health risky places

Anyway, for a change how about we do some positive posting:)
You know the "good" part of this thread

Have you done anything interesting in lockdown, learnt anything, acquired any new skills, created something, whatever???

I have been baking a LOT

And drawing
And I am designing a bed, and an outdoor arabian set up

And I feel quite proud to have taught myself how to cut and colour my own hair.
And I do not intend to go back to hairdressers, I like being able to snip bits whenever I like

youtube has several tutorials

I have a nice shag haircut

One thing I want to say about this:

You mention that people are acting like "dickheads" and you are not even in a hotspot. I am in one of the original hotspots and people were behaving perfectly fine, social distancing etc. Taking every precaution but we still got hit the hardest.

So no, I disagree that people were acting like "dickheads" as I have seen what goes on in these hotspot areas. It must be fun to cast judgement on the society and wear rose coloured glasses about the Victorian Government when you have no idea what is going on...

The other states are not "lucky". These states know what they are doing.

It's because they don't have an incompetent government with a leader who possesses political rat cunning, PR spin, unwarranted self belief and sheer utter incompetence like Victoria does.

NSW and QLD's current case numbers are thanks to the naive Victorians who left the state and spread the virus to them.

For the past month or so the Qld government has encouraged us Queenslanders to explore the state. So I imagine it has potential to spread beyond Brisbane.

I heard a radio network make a point that Dan Andrews should take a break, I mean, I don't think it's a bad point. He seems to be in a poor headspace.

The Liberal Party values have always been about money. Their interests lie in the richer getting richer.

Money will always be more important than health and peoples lives to the Liberal Party and the COVID-19 crisis has only strengthened that view. Why do you think they wanted everybody state’s borders to open up asap because of $$$ instead of the best interests of the public health.

Ever notice how Liberal candidates are more well-off than other parties? They have expensive clothes and a expensive car. The party isn’t for the everyday Australians it is for the rich and elite. Why do you think SKY News is biased to the Liberal Party? Because Rupert Murdoch runs the channel. His best interests is the Liberal Party. Those are his values.

I hope people think of this next time before they vote Liberal.

NSW and QLD's current case numbers are thanks to the naive Victorians who left the state and spread the virus to them.

I wouldn’t call those people naive. At the end of the day everyone is responsible for their own behaviour. It is known that people are deliberately lying at the borders and are getting through.

It’s no surprise that it will spread into other states with people not doing the right thing.

Quite frankly I think all the state borders should be shut for at least a month. Victoria is a mess at the moment.

The Liberal Party values have always been about money. Their interests lie in the richer getting richer.

Money will always be more important than health and peoples lives to the Liberal Party and the COVID-19 crisis has only strengthened that view. Why do you think they wanted everybody state’s borders to open up asap because of $$$ instead of the best interests of the public health.

Ever notice how Liberal candidates are more well-off than other parties? They have expensive clothes and a expensive car. The party isn’t for the everyday Australians it is for the rich and elite. Why do you think SKY News is biased to the Liberal Party? Because Rupert Murdoch runs the channel. His best interests is the Liberal Party. Those are his values.

Sky News has to be the worst channel. I can't believe anyone would watch that cultish rubbish.

In my opinion the biggest mistake in the country during this pandemic was the assigning of private security for the hotel quarantine process in Melbourne.

Who was responsible for that? Doesn't sound like it was a responsible approach to manage a serious public health issue.

Last edited:
It's a conundrum, isn't it? We need money to live but money is of no use if we're not alive. I think the PM and the Premiers (including Daniel Andrews) understand this.
They wanted to reopen the state borders asap so businesses, especially the small ones who could easily go under. Why should we care about small business owners? Because if they go under, they'll join the dole queue, they'll no longer be able to support their families and those family members who are entitled will join the cue and maybe even you, who might be working in one of those small businesses as a waiter... or someone who makes the coffee.

Back