Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I love both artists, but I'm with Annie Lennox on this one.
image.png.1c04274014fd86af53501670dd9c1bbb.png

image.png.59dbd192b0e5a42cb252e0f602dc4c25.png

I'm not a fan of the project.

Ha! Oh I still remember the old channel 10 "The 7pm Project" forums, then it became just "The Project". Yes after BB finished up on ten I think the next year when the new "Masterchef" show took over "The 7pm Project" started the same year as Masterchef in 2009? Oh yeah try frequenting all those forums with this BB old avatar! It was fun and games let me tell you. You should have seen those forums fire up after the show had aired! lol. Gees I sound like a channel 10 forum historian now...lol O_O

Do you think some of the leadership in Victoria at least have some responsibility for the situation there?

There's always a link in the chain of responsibility. The issue is where the failure point was, were any actions taken and by who to cause it? Not everyone in that chain of responsibility will have made a mistake of negligently acted.

Hotel Quarantine was a program that was successfully operated by many security companies contracted by the State Government. One of those companies subcontracted out to two companies at two hotels and that is where the failure occurred.

The failure of these security companies is immense. It appears they didn't attempt to properly conduct hotel quarantine. Both in support and training for their staff. They blatantly acted in a manner antithetical of their required role. Their staff ignored the basic role, to an extreme degree. How did that happen?

The Government contracts the private sector frequently. The ability to oversee this contracted work will always have limits and if anything goes wrong there will always be a claim more oversight and control could have been done. Whether it was feasible, reasonable or not. When everything is working, this will be criticised and draconian big Government, getting in the way of free-market businesses. It'll always be argued as too much or too little dependant on the outcome.

The argument can always be made they didn't do enough, not enough oversight. Even if it's a mistake done outside the reach of government oversight. I don't think we have enough information at this stage. I have a hunch, failure occurred by expect companies to actually do what they were contracted to do. Most did this, it worked.

The breakdown appears to have happened with the subcontracting of these companies. Which was not done by the Government. What procedure and rules were allowed for this to occur? I don't know. The extremely level of the negligent fuck up of those companies is so large, it seems out of the scope of a failure than one could imagine. They literally were having sex and partying with the quarantine guests. While you can always count the links in the chain back to the Government, the failure of these companies and their staff seem above and beyond what you could reasonably have expected the Government to be responsible for.

Maybe we'll find out there was some Labour partying corruption in awarding these companies the job. Who knows, at this stage I think it's just political theatre.

Oh like when you said that balloon thing was bullying on big brother?

If you take action to a deliberately negative impact someone. When you know it is not what they want, done so for your own enjoyment. You are an arsehole.

I stand by that.

If you were about to eat a delicious steak and I smacked it off your plate onto the floor because I thought it was funny. I would be an arsehole. It's the same basic principle.

Doing something to negatively impact someone for my own enjoyment. Behaviours are compounded, bad behaviours reinforce the neural pathways to escalate what is acceptable. Excepting lower end is endorsing more extreme negative, anti-social behaviours.

There's always a link in the chain of responsibility. The issue is where the failure point was, were any actions taken and by who to cause it? Not everyone in that chain of responsibility will have made a mistake of negligently acted.

Hotel Quarantine was a program that was successfully operated by many security companies contracted by the State Government. One of those companies subcontracted out to two companies at two hotels and that is where the failure occurred.

The failure of these security companies is immense. It appears they didn't attempt to properly conduct hotel quarantine. Both in support and training for their staff. They blatantly acted in a manner antithetical of their required role. Their staff ignored the basic role, to an extreme degree. How did that happen?

The Government contracts the private sector frequently. The ability to oversee this contracted work will always have limits and if anything goes wrong there will always be a claim more oversight and control could have been done. Whether it was feasible, reasonable or not. When everything is working, this will be criticised and draconian big Government, getting in the way of free-market businesses. It'll always be argued as too much or too little dependant on the outcome.

The argument can always be made they didn't do enough, not enough oversight. Even if it's a mistake done outside the reach of government oversight. I don't think we have enough information at this stage. I have a hunch, failure occurred by expect companies to actually do what they were contracted to do. Most did this, it worked.

The breakdown appears to have happened with the subcontracting of these companies. Which was not done by the Government. What procedure and rules were allowed for this to occur? I don't know. The extremely level of the negligent fuck up of those companies is so large, it seems out of the scope of a failure than one could imagine. They literally were having sex and partying with the quarantine guests. While you can always count the links in the chain back to the Government, the failure of these companies and their staff seem above and beyond what you could reasonably have expected the Government to be responsible for.

Maybe we'll find out there was some Labour partying corruption in awarding these companies the job. Who knows, at this stage I think it's just political theatre.

Would your response be quite as forgiving if Dan Andrews was a liberal?

I suspect your response wouldn't be quite as forgiving if Dan Andrews was a liberal.

I am forgiving nothing. I argued the same about the Ruby Princess failure. It wasn't that Koala killing lady's fault. It was the Health Departments and even then, the wrong decision was made but maybe they lacked the information to make the right decision.

I have been very forgiving about most of the COVID failures because no one is making any decisions with all the information to make the right decision.

I am forgiving nothing. I argued the same about the Ruby Princess failure. It wasn't that Koala killing lady's fault. It was the Health Departments and even then, the wrong decision was made but maybe they lacked the information to make the right decision.

I have been very forgiving about most of the COVID failures because no one is making any decisions with all the information to make the right decision.

Still, Dan Andrews has to accept some of the blame as leader.

Still, Dan Andrews has to accept some of the blame as leader.

As part of the role, yes. It doesn't mean he did anything wrong.

It's like Scomo, the Federal Government is in charge of Aged Healthcare, this is where the virus is mainly spreading. It appears the whole system is inadequate and a pile of shit. Yet I don't think it's his fault.

Reactions: kxk

It's like Scomo, the Federal Government is in charge of Aged Healthcare, this is where the virus is mainly spreading. It appears the whole system is inadequate and a pile of shit. Yet I don't think it's his fault.

I guess we'll see.

Yes
Across Australia age care is shit
Some homes are downright scary....
So much so my bros and I only stepped into few, before rapidly exiting, the SMELL alone freaked us out
Thankfully my dear old dad had a gold vets card, so he could go deluxe when he needed to
And, my sis used to work as a cook in few nursing homes......some so bad
Worked one Christmas, found absolute shit in the kitchen
So, she went to red rooster and collected lots of roast chickens and veg, and then got sweets
She quit next week, and discovered the employer had stolen her superan. never did get her money

Back