Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

Well here in Melbourne many people are wearing masks now. But it seems the cases are still getting higher and higher. We can only hope that the cases start to become lower not higher...

I was in my car the other day and I noticed a guy had just stepped off a tram and removed the mask from his face and had a really nasty persistent cough all the way from the tram depot onto the local shopping strip. He was certainly coughing droplets everywhere, I just hope this mask wearing helps curb the spread a little.

Today at the shopping centre car park as I was about to return to my car and I noticed a man was parked 2 spaces away from my car standing outside his car. As I was approaching I noticed he was actually trying to clear as much mucus from almost every orifice from his body all around where he was standing! Believe me he was coughing up mucus and spitting everywhere, then he done the old block one nostril at a time and blow out as hard as you can to clear all the mucus from each nostril! I actually stopped in the car park well away from him for a while until the nuclear blast of germs he just released cleared away so I could go to my car and escape! After all that mucus clearing it was time for this bloke to finally have a good old cigarette! Gees I tell ya it must be a really nasty flu this guy had or possibly it's COVID-19. I hope he gets tested for COVID-19 and isolates real soon! Anyway this clip here sort of reminds me of him and his mucus blast in the car park.

Holy bejueebus!!! That is FERAL!! *shudder* I am literally speechless with how gross that old matey is/was. Bet his hands weren't real sanitary either:grumpy: eww to all the shopkeepers/ workers that he came into contact with after that :grumpy:

How revolting!
NSW seems to be holding it's on for the time being.
We were supposed to be going up the Blue Mountains on the weekend to visit friends, we usually go on the train as it's a more relaxing trip, but we've cancelled while there are new clusters here and there. No point in risking it.

@February - it does warm my heart that you've chosen to take a raincheck on your plans instead of ranting & raving that you can't do what you want when you want cos you wants to! NSW seems to be keeping their numbers on the down low tho :( Sure does seem to be growing a bit round Sydney.

It finally happened, got sworn at by some dishevelled old man for wearing a mask. I was standing outside a bakers delight, wearing a mask, looking in to see if there was anything I wanted. Some crusty old guy was in there, no mask. As he walked out, he said something about masks and used profanities and walked off.

I didn't respond and some lady walking past started laughing and asked me, "what was that about?" The guy now further down the street yelled something else back at us.

So yes, nice to meet you Affable.

It finally happened, got sworn at by some dishevelled old man for wearing a mask. I was standing outside a bakers delight, wearing a mask, looking in to see if there was anything I wanted. Some crusty old guy was in there, no mask. As he walked out, he said something about masks and used profanities and walked off.

I didn't respond and some lady walking past started laughing and asked me, "what was that about?" The guy now further down the street yelled something else back at us.

So yes, nice to meet you Affable.

Oh snaps!

Seriously tho - props to you for wearing a mask to keep you & yours germ free as possible. It is the freaking oldies that have the biggest problem with wearing a mask which is the same demographic that has the higher risk of complications. Such insanity. My mother *still* even now will only get tested if her covidsafe app tells her. Mind you when she explained it, she said she gets an alert *5 DAYS AFTER* coming into contact, then she gets tested & isolates. :bang: She can't comprehend that those 5 days DO matter. Wash ya freaking hands & social distance mother! P.S. she is 100% through and through a liberal support cos to quote " Vote liberal cos the other ones make it too hard to sack employees" :eek:

@February - it does warm my heart that you've chosen to take a raincheck on your plans instead of ranting & raving that you can't do what you want when you want cos you wants to! NSW seems to be keeping their numbers on the down low tho :( Sure does seem to be growing a bit round Sydney.
Thanks el'coopo, that's really nice. My friend in the mountains has an elderly mum in Sydney, so we have to think of her, too. Who knows what you can pick up on a train at the best of times.

At the end of the day it's about everyone, not just myself (or ourselves)

The thought of those people still going ahead with their BLM protest make me mad. They could be safe, they might be safe, but why chance it? It's just plain ignorant. Surely there are safe ways to protest if you have to, like on Anzac day when people couldn't attend Dawn Service, stand at the end of your drive way and say your piece, that'll get way more attention - and respect of those who don't want the disruption or chance of infection.

Oh snaps!

Seriously tho - props to you for wearing a mask to keep you & yours germ free as possible. It is the freaking oldies that have the biggest problem with wearing a mask which is the same demographic that has the higher risk of complications.

I am in Vic.

I've got some older relatives who are apparently very dismissive of this whole thing. I wonder where it comes from, thinking they've seen it all and know all?

Most people I know are on the same page about masks, just anything to try and get this to end. This second lockdown sucks hard. It's extra frustrating because things were starting to get good and then idiots who can't follow guidelines ruined it.

There's the ignorant oldies, and some not so oldies but there are also the idiots who can't follow common sense or understand guidelines. It's not hard to understand, I don't know if they're playing dumb to try and get around without a mask or are just dumb.

"Do I have to wear a mask in my front yard? In my car? It's all so confusing so I'll just not wear one."

Those people.

I am in Vic.

I've got some older relatives who are apparently very dismissive of this whole thing. I wonder where it comes from, thinking they've seen it all and know all?

Most people I know are on the same page about masks, just anything to try and get this to end. This second lockdown sucks hard. It's extra frustrating because things were starting to get good and then idiots who can't follow guidelines ruined it.

There's the ignorant oldies, and some not so oldies but there are also the idiots who can't follow common sense or understand guidelines. It's not hard to understand, I don't know if they're playing dumb to try and get around without a mask or are just dumb.

"Do I have to wear a mask in my front yard? In my car? It's all so confusing so I'll just not wear one."

Those people.

OOoooh, your mask wearing is enforced, not by choice. Still a good choice for now tho.

LOLOLOLOL to those people. If you can manage to dress yourself each day, you are capable of working out that you need to mask.

My work has branches down there. I've spoken with some of the girls & they are nervous. Mainly cos of the walk-ins. They've staggered their staff with some working from home alternating week about with some in the office. We are in an industry that i'd hardly call essential, but were aren't on the close down list.

image.png.b5efd6c771ca0cd89cddff4e3fcde52b.png

Next UK bb audition right there.
Depending on his existing respitatory system at the time of said audition.

Reactions: kxk
The whole world is worried about the spread of coronavirus.

We locked ourselves in the house feeling helpless. Computers keep us connected to the outside world and allow us to maintain our sanity

Analysts: Playing games is a safe place to avoid COVID-19 infection, according to the global government's call "Everyone refrain from going out to avoid infection".

You can go to the Friv 5, Friv 2020 , Friv 4 websites to find your favorite game and play to destroy the limited time during the outbreak.
In a locked world, the sense of helplessness can be overwhelming, but we can all use our computers to defeat the virus from the comfort of our homes.

Back