Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 5

I doubt it was like that. They probably fit the edit to suit the storylines of the final three.
Well I agree with that to an extent, but my opinion stands that the video editors would receive footage from the producers in the narrative which they had applied, nothing else. Final 3 could not have been known during production and to make the editing process cheaper, only 'focus' footage, as I outlined above, would have been sent to the editor.

Well I agree with that to an extent, but my opinion stands that the video editors would receive footage from the producers in the narrative which they had applied, nothing else. Final 3 could not have been known during production and to make the editing process cheaper, only 'focus' footage, as I outlined above, would have been sent to the editor.

They did the editing after final three was known.

They did the editing after final three was known.
I'd have thought they would copy all the "potentially interesting footage" into a folder each day as the taping progressed. And after they completed taping they'd then construct the storyline from that. But then, I've never produced a reality show.

I'd have thought they would copy all the "potentially interesting footage" into a folder each day as the taping progressed. And after they completed taping they'd then construct the storyline from that. But then, I've never produced a reality show.
Doubtful, because how much "potentially interesting footage" was shown vs. "contrived footage" ? If you do an analysis in one of the episodes (just think about it next time you rewatch an ep) and look at those numbers, it's clear they were going for a production narrative, with instructions from BB, rather than showing us people being themselves and going for a social experiment approach.

Last edited:
Doubtful, because how much "potentially interesting footage" was shown vs. "contrived footage" ? If you do an analysis in one of the episodes (just think about it next time you rewatch an ep) and look at those numbers, it's clear they were going for a production narrative, with instructions from BB, rather than showing us people being themselves and going for a social experiment approach.
I tend to agree. It seems very clear they did not film 24/7, imo. We already know producers were coaching HMs during the season, so it is not a difficult idea to comprehend that nothing that actually made it to air wasn't purposefully constructed and planned to do so. We didn't get a single ounce of "natural" footage not once - because they didn't film any. The show was totally contrived and "faked" in that sense.

Beats are logged by producers in real time and story editors weave them into narratives (segment, episodic, series). Editors then pull raw footage based on the beats they've been given by producers for each segment and it's a back-and-forth process to refine.

Beats are logged by producers in real time and story editors weave them into narratives (segment, episodic, series). Editors then pull raw footage based on the beats they've been given by producers for each segment and it's a back-and-forth process to refine.
There was an article a while back about AI technology that supposedly does this automatically these days but I don't know if Seven used/bought it.

It will be interesting to see how many actually will keep in touch in the months / years to come . It's different now compared to the old BB series when there were no social media. Regie said on a recent podcast that it will all "die in the ass" before years end. I follow a few of the HM on Instagram, be interesting to see if they keep in touch with each other.

My opinion still stands that there is no diary or notes taken of what happens outside the production focus intervals, if you don't agree that's fine, but I havent' seen any evidence of it. :)
I think we see less than 5% of what goes on. There's probably lots of NSFW shower and bathroom stuff.

Are the housemates back home or still in Sydney based on social? I only follow a few on IG (couldn’t stand some of them in my feed) so not keeping up.

Kieran posted a YouTube video basically summing up audition advice and answering people's questions about the show. A summary for those who can't be bothered watching.

- Kieran made his video in one hit, very hungover too
- Never post your audition on YouTube, you'll be cast aside immediately
- Make an impression in the first 15 seconds otherwise you'll be tossed to the side
- He got a call back 3 hours after his small group interview to come in for a one on one interview
- You have to be willing to play the game, he told producers he would do anything they told him to do
- Audition process takes a couple of months
- Don't be over-enthusiastic, they'll think you're trying too hard
- Don't be dull or monotone either
- He doesn't feel Dan and Mat bullied him, He got along with them great and he 100% feels the show gave them a really bad edit.
- He said he'd give more insight on him and Hannah in the future

Back