Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 20 Discussion (21 July)

Are you happy that Sarah has now been evicted from the Big Brother house?

• Yes, She was awful.

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • No, She was awesome.

Votes: 53 57.6%
  • Maybe, She was mixed.

Votes: 30 32.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much par for the course isnt it?
I hazard a guess and say only a slight percentage of all past bb'ers actually remain close friends let alone friends.
A confined house, amplified emotions and limited external stimuli( small sample of interaction with other people)
Once outside, the drift away is natural I would think. Perhaps the rare odd exception or two. Social media connections maybe for some too.

He says “in this house” a lot. Like he will say, about Sophie, “She is everything to me, in this house.” Like the Chad we are seeing is a character for who he wants to be portrayed as, but it’s not who/what he is/wants on the outside. Urgh I know what I’m trying to say in my head, not sure it’s coming out right!

I think Chad is definitely playing a strategic game "in the house". :)

I'm not surprised at all that he's a different person now that he's out. His big ol' dumb dumb act is pretty ingenious!

Here are my reasons why Chad is the most strategic...

1. Playing the Underdog. He could have positioned himself as an Alpha just as much as Dan. Depressingly, all it takes is to be a relatively young, fit, decent looking, preferably tall male, and you have your social game in the bag that secures you for at least the first three quarters of the game. Instead, he positioned himself as a self-described underdog, when clearly he wouldn't be anything of the sort outside the walls of BB. And as a safeguard, he also presents himself as really, really dumb, so no one thinks he's a threat.

2. Throwing Challenges. As part of the above strategy, Chad has been throwing the challenges to deflect attention, unless they really count, and then he's won them. Good strategy, especially earlier in the game when winning almost guaranteed eviction.

3. Showmance. He set himself up as half of a couple within a nanosecond of entering the house. Showmances are a good move because they guarantee instant narrative and airtime, as long as you're not seen as a "power couple" which makes you a threat, and therefore a target (explaining Chad's underdog stance).

4. Perfect Boyfriend. He has been laying it on sooo thick, with all his "I need to protect my lady", "Sophis is my queen" malarkey. I almost lose my dinner listening to that! But it's a good move strategically because it helps secure the female vote, especially young impressionable females who see him as their dreamy TV boyfriend.

5. Perfect Son. His backstory is all about his mum and how he wants to provide for her, and how much he loves his dog. Awww. There's the middle-aged female vote in the bag (maybe).

6. Perfect Friend. To scoop up the straight male vote, he's the tradie in a model's body. Just a humble, knockabout guy...

Chad's put a lot of thought into his game. Does that mean he deserves to win? I don't think it matters. Maybe he'll be the next Bachelor.

Sarah was on Ben Rob And Robbo podcast today. Interestingly she revealed that Chad and Garth are two people who have really changed outside of the game. She says Chad treated her like a little sister in the house but has been distant and has his own goals outside of the house. She also says Garth has been different outside of the house and been a bit bitter and wants revenge / is out for blood for the finale.
There was a while where I wanted Chad to win. But it has been becoming Sophie more and more in recent episodes. I think that has cemented who I will vote for :)
Ha! I'm not surprised at all that those were the two names mentioned.

Pretty much par for the course isnt it?
I hazard a guess and say only a slight percentage of all past bb'ers actually remain close friends let alone friends.
A confined house, amplified emotions and limited external stimuli( small sample of interaction with other people)
Once outside, the drift away is natural I would think. Perhaps the rare odd exception or two. Social media connections maybe for some too.

They should all be cold heartless bastards when playing this game. Don't play with your heart play with your head. Let the house fill with blood as they backstab each other to the end. There are no friends in this game, only obstacles to the prize money. Niceness is the worst.

Imagine Chad in his finally Jury speech pulling a Kristy of Season 1 of Survivor on Ch9...

And going all strategy mode and telling us that his relationship was completely fake and was a big part of his strategy. Oh hang on a sec, this isn't Survivor. But then nor are Chad and Sophie a thing in reality, so.

...if Dan the sooky la lah wins it tomorrow night I will not watch Big Brother again for the rest of the year... oh wait... erm... cheers.😬

I get ya. Maybr consciously or perhaps unconsciously he is making statements that only tie him relationally etc within the confines of the house which means he isn’t holding himself to anything after the show is over
Exactly! So he can just say “welp, I did whatever I had to do to win.”

The Maori family on H*me & Away can't afford to pay their rent. Shock. Horror.
Summer bay diner 2020
unXO7aq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back