Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 11 Discussion (29 June)

While the housemates were all boxed in during last night's episode, are you all boxed out now?

• Yes, I hate boxes.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • No, I love boxes.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Maybe, Boxes can be both good and bad depending on the context.

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they secretly all wanted to sleep outside with the exception of Ange and Marissa. It would have been a memorable experience. I would have felt excluded if I was sleeping inside and missing out on sharing the experience with them.

Certainly, some did want to sleep outside. My point is that this doesn't give them the right to make that choice for those that did not.

Not getting in the bullying discussion happening atm but it looked like so much more fun “camping” outside than being in the house. (with boring Matt and Daniel)

It was funny Marissa explaining to Angela how to use a sleeping bag.

I used to always love it in old BB when housemates were forced to sleep outside. That sort of stuff was fun to watch with the daily shows, up-late and live stream.

That's all I saw it as, a bit of fun. If you want to get butt hurt over some housemates sleeping outside, then go for it. It did not impact at all negatively any of them. They all had fun except Angela and Marissa, cause I doubt they're capable of much fun. In no way did it resemble bullying at all, I have seen bullying occur in a magnitude of ways, this was not it! It was a bit of fun, that is all.

Sleeping outside would be a fun experience for all them, you just have to choose to embrace it.

It is toxic and bullying behaviour. It is taking intentional action to cause distress to another person. You can claim that it's minimal, but it's the same behaviour and the scope or scale doesn't change that.

It's like the little social experiment by giving Mat the pin. He would rather cause distress to others, even if minor, for his own enjoyment and a minimal benefit. That test shows he's not a good person.

Thinking you have the right to make a choice for someone, against their will is arrogant, toxic behaviour.

I feel kind of silly arguing this, it's quite minimal, but it's an insight into the character of some housemates. As with Ben Norris, it appears many fans approve of such behaviours and attitudes.

It is toxic and bullying behaviour. It is taking intentional action to cause distress to another person. You can claim that it's minimal, but it's the same behaviour and the scope or scale doesn't change that.

It's like the little social experiment by giving Mat the pin. He would rather cause distress to others, even if minor, for his own enjoyment and a minimal benefit. That test shows he's not a good person.

Thinking you have the right to make a choice for someone, against their will is arrogant, toxic behaviour.

I feel kind of silly arguing this, it's quite minimal, but it's an insight into the character of some housemates. As with Ben Norris, it appears many fans approve of such behaviours and attitudes.

Using the word bullying in this context diminishes the power of that word and makes light of real bullying imo.

You can’t tell me that Angela and Marissa would have acted in any different way if they got the challenge, cause they would have done it with no hesitation

"It was just a bit of fun" is right up there with "boys will be boys" as a one of those attitudes that is out of date in 2020.
Okay but this example of being a bit of fun is far different to other cases, as I agree this phrase and boys will be boys is far outdated in 2020, as this was not traumatic or life changing in anyway. These people living in the house are some of the most privileged in Australia, so it did not hurt them what so ever to sleep outside for the night. It was entertainment for the whole house, besides Marissa and Angela, who as usual did not see the light in the situation nor the humorous side to it. I can guarantee the whole house enjoyed sleeping outside for the night as this would be an experience for the whole house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back