Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 11 Discussion (29 June)

While the housemates were all boxed in during last night's episode, are you all boxed out now?

• Yes, I hate boxes.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • No, I love boxes.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Maybe, Boxes can be both good and bad depending on the context.

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was outraged! How dare Mat stretch Marissa's clothes. And it is also particularly awful that they dressed up in the clothes of the two women Mat had just robbed of the chance to have a treat, and who they'd fooled (well fooled Ang) into believing they were in a new alliance with. So unnecessarily smug.

I also took offence at Mat referring to Marissa in the DM earlier in a disparaging tone as 'A 61-year-old woman.' That is pretty amusing on the one hand, coming from a man of thirty (or so he says!) who looks 45 on a very good day. I just despise people and men particularly who view a woman as obsolete and ridiculous once they move past an arbitrary age. For some, it's 22. I get she's not going to fit effortlessly into their juvenile cool group, which seems to have a general high school age level of maturity, in any case, as she is a woman of some substance and grit. Show some awareness of the basic facts of human biology, you puerile little turds. People get older and their outsides look a bit worn - they are still people. Oh, I just dislike them so much, and Casey too, and Xavier's only saving grace was his yellow stripey top which I am starting to think was in fact Garth's.

It's going to be so awesome when the Alpha alliance dominates the rest of the big brother season

Hooray for the Alpha alliance!

I was outraged! How dare Mat stretch Marissa's clothes. And it is also particularly awful that they dressed up in the clothes of the two women Mat had just robbed of the chance to have a treat, and who they'd fooled (well fooled Ang) into believing they were in a new alliance with. So unnecessarily smug.

I also took offence at Mat referring to Marissa in the DM earlier in a disparaging tone as 'A 61-year-old woman.' That is pretty amusing on the one hand, coming from a man of thirty (or so he says!) who looks 45 on a very good day. I just despise people and men particularly who view a woman as obsolete and ridiculous once they move past an arbitrary age. For some, it's 22. I get she's not going to fit effortlessly into their juvenile cool group, which seems to have a general high school age level of maturity, in any case, as she is a woman of some substance and grit. Show some awareness of the basic facts of human biology, you puerile little turds. People get older and their outsides look a bit worn - they are still people. Oh, I just dislike them so much, and Casey too, and Xavier's only saving grace was his yellow stripey top which I am starting to think was in fact Garth's.
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ You said it all

Reactions: kxk

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ You said it all
Ok boomers 😜

The whole point of the game was to try and burst each other's balloons though. There was no bullying.

It was definitely the bullying mindset. You can try and excuse it as a game, but it's no different than a bully on a schoolyard excusing their actions as "just having some fun."

Games are opt-in.

BB created a challenge with the balloons, the housemates then decide if it becomes a mean spirited "pop" someone's balloon so they have to sleep outside and don't get a good meal game.

It is not a competition, nothing is gained by popping someone's balloon, except to negatively impact them.

It was definitely the bullying mindset. You can try and excuse it as a game, but it's no different than a bully on a schoolyard excusing their actions as "just having some fun."

Games are opt-in.

BB created a challenge with the balloons, the housemates then decide if it becomes a mean spirited "pop" someone's balloon so they have to sleep outside and don't get a good meal game.

It is not a competition, nothing is gained by popping someone's balloon, except to negatively impact them.

It was just a bit of fun.

Games are opt-in.

That's all I saw it as, a bit of fun. If you want to get butt hurt over some housemates sleeping outside, then go for it. It did not impact at all negatively any of them. They all had fun except Angela and Marissa, cause I doubt they're capable of much fun. In no way did it resemble bullying at all, I have seen bullying occur in a magnitude of ways, this was not it! It was a bit of fun, that is all.

Sleeping outside would be a fun experience for all them, you just have to choose to embrace it.

Games are opt-in.

I think they secretly all wanted to sleep outside with the exception of Ange and Marissa. It would have been a memorable experience. I would have felt excluded if I was sleeping inside and missing out on sharing the experience with them.

I think they secretly all wanted to sleep outside with the exception of Ange and Marissa. It would have been a memorable experience. I would have felt excluded if I was sleeping inside and missing out on sharing the experience with them.
Exactly right, it was an experience they all had. They got to camp in the Big Brother house, how cool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back