Skip to main content

2020 Ratings Thread

Masterchef has evictions on Sunday nights and The Voice was promoting a “cheating scandal” (so dumb). As The Voice ramps up to live performances soon, I can’t see people moving over to BB on a Sunday night either.

Agree with the thoughts mentioned - Sunday nights are too competitive and Mon to Weds would’ve given better ratings over the long run.

I’m hoping episodes don’t dip below 600k, I think the shows been good enough to keep a base audience of that, I reckon it has the potential to grow throughout the season, and hopefully next year can be a knockout

Masterchef has evictions on Sunday nights and The Voice was promoting a “cheating scandal” (so dumb). As The Voice ramps up to live performances soon, I can’t see people moving over to BB on a Sunday night either.

Agree with the thoughts mentioned - Sunday nights are too competitive and Mon to Weds would’ve given better ratings over the long run.

The Voice always drops a lot after the blind auditions finish.

I think we all need to spread the word. I’ve been chatting to everyone I can. The first episode wasn’t the best but from episode 3 on it’s been fantastic!!!

Unless they have a ratings box it won't matter as the ratings are only counted from people who have one.

The move to Sunday has cost a lot of viewers I think, mostly because they were unaware of the change. The half hour eariler start could have also played a role.

And whirlpool too - heaps of people said they missed it or tuned in late and were really dissappointed as they were looking forward to watching it.
What a shame they didn't have a "next time on Big Brother" promo, advertising the day and time at the end of the previous ep. Oh, wait.

I would really like to see the ratings compared to channel 9s big brother. I wonder if this is currently performing better than its last season. Surely it is, right?

I would really like to see the ratings compared to channel 9s big brother. I wonder if this is currently performing better than its last season. Surely it is, right?
I think it’s hard to compare as viewing habits have changed though?

Its performing slightly worse. The first week of the final season on 9 averaged 850k, the current season averaged 810k. Week 2 on 9 started of with 710k, while on 7 the show is already down to 680k.

I would really like to see the ratings compared to channel 9s big brother
I made my chart BB Vs Australian Survivor purely because I already had the latter's figures in a spreadsheet. And also because it aired this year. Nine's BB last aired in 2014... that's an eternity ago in ratings terms.

You can dig through this thread for 2014 ratings

Possibly (??) worth noting: there’s a rescheduled NRL game on tonight due a COVID scare. It’s not on FTA, only Fox, but still might have a small impact.

Possibly (??) worth noting: there’s a rescheduled NRL game on tonight due a COVID scare. It’s not on FTA, only Fox, but still might have a small impact.

Same with a Foxtel exclusive AFL game last night which got 220k. But The Voice and Masterchef weren't affected, so I dont think it had that much of an effect.

Pathetic they split the eviction out in the ratings, especially when the difference isn't that huge. I don't think Seven will be panicing yet - there was always going to be a dip after initial interest and they started at a higher base than I think most were expecting.

Pathetic they split the eviction out in the ratings, especially when the difference isn't that huge. I don't think Seven will be panicing yet - there was always going to be a dip after initial interest and they started at a higher base than I think most were expecting.
It’s working for them in the demos. They can probably sell adds in the last half hour for more

Plus the new format is pre recorded which means the running costs are lower than the old format which means there shouldnt be as much issue if the ratings are a bit lower too.

Back