Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

I have just discovered my pub trivia night is going to try hosting online live tomorrow night!
Ooo I love trivia night at my local....
I think anyone can join my team, if anyone is bored and interested,
checking how it works it is on Facebook live
Details on BBA Panic room Facebook....and will post here later

...I had to laugh at a female Channel 7 reporter just then... she was reporting about that brothel that was raided by the Police while operating... she said...”the Police raided the premises and arrested a few people!... they face ‘very stiff fines’... lol!... she didn’t even realise the connection of what she said... lol!...cheers.

...hm... I’ve only just realised while watching Channel 7’s “we are all in this together” campaign Ad that while they have all of their in-house ‘Celebrities’ giving us encouraging words during the Coronavirus epidemic that they showed as one of their ‘Celebrities’ Matt Preston!...

...after Channel 10 sacked the 3 amigos have they all jumped ship and gone over to Channel 7 en mass or just Matt Preston himself?... does anyone know?...

...as I’ve always liked Matt because he was the most honest and fairest judge of the three of them... he very rarely (if ever) lusted after his favourites... unlike the other two sleazy grubs... if Matt has made the move on his own... good on him!... I hope that he does well on his own without them other two sleazy pricks holding him back!... go Matt!!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
...hm... I’ve only just realised while watching Channel 7’s “we are all in this together” campaign Ad that while they have all of their in-house ‘Celebrities’ giving us encouraging words during the Coronavirus epidemic that they showed as one of their ‘Celebrities’ Matt Preston!...

...after Channel 10 sacked the 3 amigos have they all jumped ship and gone over to Channel 7 en mass or just Matt Preston himself?... does anyone know?...

...as I’ve always liked Matt because he was the most honest and fairest judge of the three of them... he very rarely (if ever) lusted after his favourites... unlike the other two sleazy grubs... if Matt has made the move on his own... good on him!... I hope that he does well on his own without them other two sleazy pricks holding him back!... go Matt!!... cheers.

I've heard that Channel 7 are doing a new show called Plate Of Origin featuring Matt, Gary and Manu.

My 1st online TRIVIA NIGHT,last night was brilliant
Over 140 participated from far and close , including callers on 3AW

And they will do this at least once a week, planning more if they can.

If anyone is interested will post links later
And, no you can't cheat, 30secs to answer, 50 questions, with some snack breaks

AND
Trump keeps spinning fairy tales,USA is headed for MILLIONS dying not thousands

One positive thing that should emerge there finally, universal health care

Last edited:
My 1st online TRIVIA NIGHT,last night was brilliant
Over 140 participated from far and close , including callers on 3AW

And they will do this at least once a week, planning more if they can.

If anyone is interested will post links later
And, no you can't cheat, 30secs to answer, 50 questions, with some snack breaks

AND
Trump keeps spinning fairy tales,USA is headed for MILLIONS dying not thousands

One positive thing that should emerge there finally, universal health care

Very interested!! I write trivia/word puzzles/etc professionally and have - touch wood - only lost one client, so I'm so thankful for online/live-streaming trivia etc allowing me to make a crust and keep doing my thing. I'd love to join in next week!

Gary and Matt have gone together. George is allegedly still under contract. Which seems a bit fishy to me since they were always reported as saying they would always stick together as a team, and George having a different contract seems at odds with that. But it probably suits everyone for George to be "unavailable" for a while.

Very interested!! I write trivia/word puzzles/etc professionally and have - touch wood - only lost one client, so I'm so thankful for online/live-streaming trivia etc allowing me to make a crust and keep doing my thing. I'd love to join in next week!

Awesome.......how did you get that job? I would love to do that.

SOUNDSTORM TRIVIA

Online Trivia, now every Wednesday evening at 7pm.
You need to sign up before, think it is open to all,not sure about this
I have a regular local tavern,and a team name they know, so it was easy
I think everyone was doing it solo,it is up to teams to organise themselves
My team is 2 mostly, sometimes 4, and my number 2 is in hospital right now
If you need it you can use my team name,TARDIS, from ON TOP BAR

I predict in a month's time we shall see rioting in Australia. Especially in the more lower socially economic parts of the country. Expecting people to live like this for six months is pure foolishness.

Great thread about the good, bad and ugly virus issues.
For us the good has been all the spring cleaning in Autumn, including every window and curtains washed.
The bad is the lies about stores stocking toilet paper. There's no sign of it at any time of day.
Even the shelves have now been stocked with plastic containers and many Easter eggs. No room for any toilet paper supposed deliveries.
The ugly for us is an increase in crime after having our car number plate stolen.
The Police confirmed an increase of petrol drive offs without paying!
Now if only I could decide what to do next to pass the time in lockdown.
Good luck everyone.

I don't get why a lot of people are self-isolating for 2 weeks. The 2 week guideline is aimed at people who have returned from international travel. 'Normal' people should be taking less extreme precautions that they can maintain long-term. Either plan to self-isolate (apart from a one-person trip to the supermarket) for as long as it takes, or don't bother. What is the point of self-isolating for 2 weeks and then releasing yourself back into society again?
And on that trip to the supermarket, if you're lucky enough to find toilet paper or hand sanitiser, take ONE and leave some for everyone else. That way, just possibly, there will be some there next time you need it.

Back