Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 production / schedule / format talk

I doubt there will be many comparisons made to Gretel - generally comparisons are made to the outgoing host. When Emma took over BBUK, the vast majority of the comparisons being made were against Brian - not Davina.

Though this is the general public I’m talking about here, the diehard fans however.... Fuck knows what we’ll do. 😂
The difference is though there were no breaks in between for BBUK. I think with BBAus Sonia and Nine's effort is already somewhat forgotten, so the comparison is with Gretel and what Ten did with the show rather than the three series on Nine.

A classic BB Canada moment which is about moral dilemmas rather than pure game play - and I suspect that might be an angle the Aussie production like to take as well.
Haha, seemed like she didn't have many friends in there.

I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to shred the letters. I'd put the viewers first and spare them the whole shitty 'letters from home' schtick.

KFC Dick Twister, iPrimus, Starburst, Kamuka Worldwide, Nintendo Wii and 3 Mobile - ItS JuSt NoT bB wiThoUt ThEm

^^ ok I am reminded why I might not want to watch BBAU again. Keep up the good work.
I disagree. AmbiPur gave me my favourite moment of BB2014 (and was even my avatar here at one point).

They decided to plug AmbiPur in the show by having one plugged into a power socket in one of the task rooms, and then cut to a shot of it for a solid seven seconds. It's the best worst example of product placement I've ever seen.

But, the ABC's Media Watch had a throw away comment that the slot could be filled by BigBrother in 2020.
Drawing a long bow there. While BBAU will undoubtedly take Sunday Night's slot, turning a 30-min news+TT into a one hour news doesn't provide for a new slot for anthing does it - as is already the case in NSW/Qld/Vic for at least four years now. And if the Courier Mail was complaining about losing those Queennsland Weekender etc shows - which air at like 5pm on weekends I think - that slot's no use for Big Brother either. So it's just a beat up for the CM to complain about axing them for reality shows.

They'd never put a show they're spending $20mil+ on at a 6:30 timeslot, especially in 2020 when 90 minutes is the standard for a reality tv nightly show. Probably will shift Home and Away forward to 6:30 and have Big Brother start at 7pm so they get a head start against the other networks. It's not a bad idea considering their competition in a 7pm timeslot is ACA, The Project and ABC News.

While Big Brother won’t be shot or broadcast live, a spokesperson for its maker Endemol Shine told news.com.au that the public would still play a major role in the show.

“There’s been a lot of speculation about this, and again we’ll reveal more in due course, but we can confirm that Australia will decide the winner.”

While Big Brother won’t be shot or broadcast live, a spokesperson for its maker Endemol Shine told news.com.au that the public would still play a major role in the show.

“There’s been a lot of speculation about this, and again we’ll reveal more in due course, but we can confirm that Australia will decide the winner.”

A small screen veteran involved in the original version of Big Brother on Network 10, who asked not to be named, described prerecording the show as a “disastrous” idea.

“It’s the whole spirit of Big Brother, airing it live,” the source said.

“In this era of digital channels, streaming and online viewing, there’s so much potential to make it a truly 24-hour, live, immersive viewing experience.

“Filming it and showing it a few months later is just weird. When I read that, I thought, what a disastrous idea.”

Peter Abbott?

A small screen veteran involved in the original version of Big Brother on Network 10, who asked not to be named, described prerecording the show as a “disastrous” idea.

“It’s the whole spirit of Big Brother, airing it live,” the source said.

“In this era of digital channels, streaming and online viewing, there’s so much potential to make it a truly 24-hour, live, immersive viewing experience.

“Filming it and showing it a few months later is just weird. When I read that, I thought, what a disastrous idea.”

Peter Abbott?
Who ever it was is 100% on the mark. I don't understand how the seven network executives cannot see the potential goldmine they are sitting on and are going for it and doing it properly.

I suspect the same, either him or Goldman
I don't think Mike Goldman would jeopardise his chance at a potential gig by making such comments, even anonymously.

Also, let's not forget that Peter Abbott was briefly EP of I'm a Celeb, who introduced live streaming after the shows back when it first started.

Back